News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Dark Angels - Nothing but fun stupidity.  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
1850 Dark Angels - Nothing but fun stupidity.
« on: November 19, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »
Heading out to get in a game tonight, and I just had to share the absolute stupidity I am packing into my case.  I don't expect to win, but I expect there to be a lot of blood.  Oh, and for the game to be over quickly.  Very quickly.

Combined Arms Detachment
Lord of War
Azrael215pts

HQ
Belial:  Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield.  190pts

Ezekiel145pts

Elites
Dreadnought:  Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter.  100pts

Deathwing Command Squad:  Apothecary; Champion; Lightning Claws w/ Deathwing Banner; 2x Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield.  250pts

Troops
5 Tactical Marines:  Lascannon.  90pts

5 Tactical Marines:  Lascannon.  90pts

Fast Attack
Darkshroud80pts

The Hammer of Caliban Formation - 690pts
Techmarine65pts
Land Raider Crusader250pts
3 Vindicators:  Dozer Blades.  375pts

Total Points:  1850
Model Count:  25

The tactical squads snipe with their lascannons, every other infantry model will pile into the crusader.  The Darkshroud and Dreadnought tag along as close as possible and go on a Deathstar mission.

The command squad (with all three characters) will be getting +2 attacks, with a possibility of another +2 on the charge depending on the powers that Zeke rolls.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
Re: 1850 Dark Angels - Nothing but fun stupidity.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:05:32 PM »
3 Vindicators! :o

I kind of see what you mean by 'I expect there to be a lot of blood'...

Kinda wondering why you're taking Ezekiel, Belial and Azrael...  Surely drop drop Azrael and Ezekiel for another Terminator Squad (perhaps bulking both squads out a bit) which you deep strike in for more guns?

Have fun though!

Slick Samos

Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: 1850 Dark Angels - Nothing but fun stupidity.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:27:48 PM »
Well, I was trying to make the list as stupid as I could.  And what is more stupid than a super Death Star?  Each Terminator had 5 attacks on the charge, the lightning claw had 6, Belial and Ezekiel had 7, and Azrael had 8.  Everything they touched died a horrible, horrible death.

I played against Guard, and the mission really favoured him.  We wound up playing Maelstrom with a Hammer and Anvil deployment.  Naturally, he backlined and it took me forever to get to him after his knight got lucky when it charged the Land Raider.  3 hits and he rolled 1-1-6 for his D-weapon.  I wasn't able to reach his lines until turn 4, at which point I was down to Zeke and Az. 

A recommendation that I was given was to drop the Lascannons from the tactical squads, and the Icon of the Unforgiven from the Terminators.  That would free up enough points to upgrade the Deathwing Champion to a 3rd Storm Shield, and give the Dreadnought a Drop Pod.  The biggest advantage out of that would be that the Dread could deep strike to really threaten the enemy, and it would be something they have to deal with or risk having him go wild in their lines.  Ideally, it would divert some anti-tank attention away from the Hammer of Caliban and allow them to advance up the board, relatively unscathed.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...