News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 pt list, first try at orks  (Read 799 times)

Offline 221B Baker

2000 pt list, first try at orks
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:55:27 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first try at an ork list, but I like what I have now.  It's not built towards a power approach, much more for fluffy reasons.  The basic story behind it is that the warboss got stranded (not sure how, probably lost some big battle) and wandered around for a while, eventually finding some deathskulls.  Seeing as he was a goff, and bigger and 'arder than anything of them, he quickly rose to command them.  However, he is perpetually disappointed in the way they favor shooting and technology as opposed to straight krumpin.  He's accumulated/konverted some nobz to the goff side, but the rest of the army remains sneaky, shooty gitz.  I really like the idea of an 'ard chargin warboss who gets really frustrated/depressed with the rest of his warband.

Nozgrob's Nuckle'eads

HQ - 180
Warboss - 'eavy armor, big choppa, cybork - 80  (yes I know people like power klaws, but he thinks they're for weak orks)
Big Mek - 'eavy armor, shokk attack gun - 100

ELITES - 575
10 Nobz - 3x shoota/skorcha, 5x Big choppa, waaagh banner, painboy - 285
               Battlewagon transport - armor plates deff rolla 4x big shoota - 140
10 lootas - 150

TROOPS - 975
3x 20 Shoota Boyz - 2x big shoota, nob, power klaw, 'eavy armor - 170
2x 20 Shoota Boyz - 2x big shoota, nob, power klaw - 165
30 grots - 3x runtherds, 3x grot prods - 135

HEAVY SUPPORT - 270
6x Killa Kans - grotzooka - 270 (not sure whether to split these into 2 squads of 3, or 3 of 2)

So there's the list, let me know what you think!  Thanks in advance

Offline insanekaosx

• Grot
Re: 2000 pt list, first try at orks
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:33:31 PM »
looks like you might have some trouble with vehicles in that list, only the two PKs in the shoota squads and all.
-Lord Commander/Warboss Kaos

Offline 221B Baker

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:02:01 PM »
There's 5 mobs of shootas, each with a power klaw.  But I agree that vehicles are probably my weakpoint.

Offline insanekaosx

• Grot
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »
ahhh, misread the list, yesyes, five klaws in the shoota squads.

Maybe replace one or two big shoota's in there with rokkits?
-Lord Commander/Warboss Kaos

Offline Sucker_PF3

• Grot
  • "Operate! Operate! Still time to Operate!"
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »
See if you can work work in an Attack Squig on your warboss, that +1 attack helps since both the p.k. and B.C. are 2 handed weapons so no +1 for having 2CC weapons. Also maybe work in some trukks or to be fluffy work in some kommandos. Kommandos w/ outflank or better yet, Kommandos w/ snikrot would not only be fluffy, they would allow you to harass your opponent from any table edge you like which could keep several of your boyz alive if they have to turn and shoot at their rear instead of your advancing boyz. The battlewagon is nice, but it is your ONLY transport vehicle in the list and your opponent would be an old grandma w/ Alzheimer's if they didn't know that Nobz were in there. It will most likely get blown up first turn (even w/ 14 Av). Maybe work in some trukks in the list (can still be shoota boys) to zoom ahead and harass your opponenet early keeping some your wagon and boyz safer from return fire.

Overall the list is great. My only suggestion is to figure out how you are going to harass your opponent early game. As is the list will still Net you solid victories i think, be wary of the scatter on those Kanz though (all templates scatter now).

Offline 221B Baker

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
Thanks for your comments. 

I've been thinking about switching out the cybork for an attack squig, just not sure which I like better.  As far as trukks go, I'd like to keep the boyz mobs large, so I'm not sure I'm going to add some.  Not to say it wouldn't be good tactically.  As far as getting the battlewagon blown up on turn one, it's not a huge deal in my mind.  It'll draw AT fire from my kans which is good, and most of the nobz will survive just fine, and they can move up with the boyz.  It's not like the battlewagon is a huge point sink.  As far as harassment early game goes, I was hoping my shooting could do that.  Lots of big shootas, the S.A.G., and my kans will hopefully be able to put out fairly good firepower.  As far as replacing big shootas with rokkits, I'll probably do that in one or two squads, just gotta find the extra points somewhere. 

Any opinions on the grots?  are they a useful unit?  I got them mainly because they're cheap, and there's 3 poisoned weapons in a 30 grot tarpit. 

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »
Why not trade out a couple of units of Shoota Boyz for Lootas?  You can scratchbuild these yourself and they have a 48" range!

Grots can be used as a shield - and they fit your list well enough with their awesome BS3.  But it is hard to count on them as any more than a shield.

Look into a Big Mek with a KFF.  You may find him useful for giving you cover.

I'd consider:

2 units of Shootas w/ 30 Orks in each
1 unit of 20 Lootas

instead of the Shootas you have.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline 221B Baker

« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »
Thanks Solorg, been waiting for your comments.  I think I may take the grots out ad replace them with another 9 lootas.  I have a bunch of 2nd Ed grots lying around which is why I included them in the first place, but I'll just keep them on the side and use them for bigger games more.  Lootas do seem to be pretty awesome, and I can't wait until I can start converting them.  I'm concerned that if I take a full unit of shootas out and replace them with lootas I'll lose a power klaw, and a large scoring unit.  I'll still have 4, but 5 scoring units is better.

As far as the big mek with the KFF goes, I just like the S.A.G. too much!  The random effects and sheer orkyness of it are going to make me keep that no matter what.  And I need to have my warboss in there too or else the army doesn't work (fluff wise).  So i think the KFF will just have to sit it out.  Though a 5+ cover save on a bunch of guys would be handy.

Thanks again everyone