News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help! Eldar Painting scheme  (Read 399 times)

Offline DregnorEldorath

• "Run you puny human, thingy" Invader Zim
Help! Eldar Painting scheme
« on: April 12, 2004, 01:45:44 PM »
I am having trouble with what I should paint my Eldar im thinking a Blood Red and Chaos black, and I already have Maugan Ra finished but I need more opinions on what colors I should use before I start with my guardians.
"I warned you of what your actions would cause now you shall pay the pain you have caused in full with the blood from your vey being" quote from Farseer Dregnor Eldorath

Offline Ryzal

• I wish this witchblade weren't so expensive
Re: Help! Eldar Painting scheme
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 05:51:49 PM »
Blood Red and Chaos Black would make a fine start for an army theme.  However, they are both strong and dark colors with some challenges to overcome.  It is difficult to highlight right without it looking either pink or orange.  (Though it's strong enough to not require highlighting most of the time if you choose)  And the black is tricky to highlight since thick or sloppy highlighting will make it look kind of gray.  Also note that shading is not possible on a true black base (nothing is darker than black)

There are many good articles on painting in these colors and you should be just fine if you consult them and give it a little forethought. :)

Try looking at the Craftworld Eldar Codex in the color section of Saim-Hann for an example of one type of red/black color scheme.

Best of luck.
"When something is gained, something is always lost. It's impossible to live without facing that fact. What is lost will never return. Important things. Irreplaceable things. The things necessary to protect those things. The firm determination packed into a bullet. Man knows... knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. That nothing will change unless he moves."
[Trigun - Hard Puncher]

Offline archonofdeath

• Life is for the weak.
Re: Help! Eldar Painting scheme
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 09:21:55 PM »
Do a red ink wash over whatever you painted blood red (it looks pretty cool)

Also gold and silver are great for highlights.

Try painting your guns white and then giving them a gloss coat.

And don't start on important models like that. Always start on your more common models that way you can see how paint schemes turn out and build up painting skill (if you aren't that good).
Death is amoung us, whether we choose to be it or create it.