News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tzeentch spells  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Drazhar, Der Leibwächter

• Der Leibwächter - The Bodyguard
Tzeentch spells
« on: April 24, 2003, 08:06:59 PM »
does bolt of change count as a daemonic upgrade, or a psychic power?  it seems there is a contradiction in the rules ;)

-Drazhar
You don't see me,
That's your first mistake.

You don't hear me,
That's your second mistake.

You don't get to make a third mistake.

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
Re:Tzeentch spells
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 08:20:48 PM »
does bolt of change count as a daemonic upgrade, or a psychic power?  it seems there is a contradiction in the rules ;)

-Drazhar

It counts as a Psychic Power. Where is the contradiction in the rules ???
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Samdan

• Cowboy, baby!
  • Ancient
  • Head... hurts... OH GOD! THE IDIOCY!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 09:01:02 PM »
some people claim that because it is a gift of the gods, thich count for d upgrades, that the psychic powers that are gifts of the gods are d upgrades too.  its a very common belief.
Quote from: Barr'El O'Rum
You'd be a good man Lom, if it weren't for the dead kittens and shrunken heads of the elderly that you keep in the glovebox of your car.

Offline Cheexsta

• Aksho Kharneth Akhash!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 09:05:03 PM »
Even though the FAQ itself says that Psychic powers are NOT Daemonic Gifts (or Gifts of the Gods, whichever).
W00t for updated avatar and sig...

Footslogger World Eaters wins/losses for 2004 (>1000pts)

W: 9
D: 2
L: 6

Win rate: 53%

Tournament Skull Count: 242.

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 10:28:53 PM »
Even though the FAQ itself says that Psychic powers are NOT Daemonic Gifts (or Gifts of the Gods, whichever).

Indeed. I don't see the contradiction when it clearly states in the FAQ what it is. Just the whole phenomenon of "Selective Reading" (Which is proven to be related to the phenomenon of "Selective Hearing".).
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Cheexsta

• Aksho Kharneth Akhash!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 02:00:24 AM »
What? Wasn't listening...
W00t for updated avatar and sig...

Footslogger World Eaters wins/losses for 2004 (>1000pts)

W: 9
D: 2
L: 6

Win rate: 53%

Tournament Skull Count: 242.

Offline Drazhar, Der Leibwächter

• Der Leibwächter - The Bodyguard
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 05:42:37 PM »
So it counts as a Psychic power then?  As Samdan said, it's just that though it IS a psyc. power, it is ALSO a gift of the gods, hence a D. upgrade.  So i'm still a little bit confused, but i guess that I'll just take it for a psyker power then.  On another note, has anyone else noticed that for nurgle/slannesh minor psychic powers, it clearly states to NOT reroll 1's, but there is no such not for that of Tzeentch!  So tecnically, I can reroll the "no power" statement if i get it more than once (if i play tzeentch, and use his powers of course ;))

-Drazhar
You don't see me,
That's your first mistake.

You don't hear me,
That's your second mistake.

You don't get to make a third mistake.

Offline Blackmoor

• Thousand Sons!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2003, 10:37:36 PM »

That is correct.

So if you pay 60 points you are going to get all of the Tzeentch minor power.

(Some people do that so they have have #4 Reckoning of Tzeentch guarantied)

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 10:43:02 PM »

That is correct.

So if you pay 60 points you are going to get all of the Tzeentch minor power.

(Some people do that so they have have #4 Reckoning of Tzeentch guarantied)

I do believe that it is implied that you do not reroll ones, as the others all state that you do... I mean, is it also therefore that Thrall wizards have a toughness of 1, Predators have an AV of 12 (It's 11, folks), and an entire Raptor Squad may be upgraded to A SINGLE Aspiring Champion? They're called misprints and oversights.
No, Bolt of Change does not count as Daemonic Gifts. It states specifically that Gifts of the Gods count as Daemonic Gifts, EXCEPT PSYCHIC POWERS. Guess what folks? As already stated (C'mon now, say it with me!) "Bolt of Change is a Psychic Power."
Also, if you wanna pay 60 points, just to get that one minor power, you go RIGHT ahead, as I buy another entire squad of Guardsmen for that....
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 12:28:18 AM »
Wow!!! the book has at least 3 spelling mistakes!!! They really should redo it (and maybe give refunds on all the wrong ones). Also, if you look at the Thrall profile, the '1' is actually a 'l' or 'I'
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Sage

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 12:46:56 AM »
Yeah, tons of errors, but Codex: Chaos Space Marines is still very good considering the size of the book.

When they release the revised editions like they do for all codexes, the errors will be fixed.