• Why A Pengiun
'nids
« on: December 11, 2002, 12:53:53 PM »
 :o
Press Ctrl, Alt, and tap Delete to get 1 extra star on your log

Offline Stratovadis

Re:'nids
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 03:18:40 PM »
My opinion its that the necron unit would win. The size of the unit its large. Well, taking out a necron its tough soo a unit of 20 warriors its very difficult. Maybe im wrong, but thats my opinion.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 04:10:25 PM »
The Necrons would win, no doubt. Gaunts with two attacks have to outnumber necron warriors by 10:45 (or something close to that) in order to show you a fair fight - but there will be way more points of 'nids fighting than necrons, so the necron warriors are superior concerning their points.

jwu

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 10:38:14 PM »
Necrons would mangle them.  Gaunts may have a lot of attacks, but Necrons will never die, and the abysmal armor of the Horm's will see them dead rather shortly.

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline Red Legion

• Why A Pengiun
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 10:31:40 AM »
ha ha i knew it. just proves how bad u are. the hormogaunts just grab on 2 u like a net holding u up giving the gene stealer time to catch u and overwelm you with millions of no save allowed attacks, the WILL be heavy casualties :D and they have a higher initiative. that just the only way to beat nids is to keep away and shoot until they gobble u up. and in most cases they will catch up.
Press Ctrl, Alt, and tap Delete to get 1 extra star on your log

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 11:06:30 AM »
ha ha i knew it. just proves how bad u are.

That's not very nice now is it? [size=0.5](friendly warning)[/size]

As as for your original question, everyone is justified when they say 20 Necrons would rip through 32 Hormagaunts because they would.

If your question had been "Who would win, 20 Necrons or 32 Hormaguanst with a 10-strong squad of Genestealers nearby" you'd have got a very different response.

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 12:45:52 PM »
I'd still say the Necrons, just have them open fire on the Genestealers before they're charged by the Hormagaunts.  Presto, no more Genestealers  ;).

Xhadow

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 04:56:00 PM »
Fair point  :-\

I guess it really depends on who's turn it is  :)  Not that a Necron play would wittingly let himself get in that position.  come to think of it neither would a Nid player (I hope), they've got better things for dealing with Necron Warriors.

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 09:04:04 PM »
Yep, turns would probably make things interesting, but since the poster decided to alter the circumstances I felt I should be able to do the same; hey since the Warriors are now outpointed can I bring in a few Immortals to make up the difference...  ;)

Xhadow

We are already Dead.

Offline Silverthorn

• Ancient
  • Destroying the enemy with a smile!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2002, 05:11:27 PM »
the hormogaunts just grab on 2 u like a net holding u up giving the gene stealer time to catch u and overwelm you with millions of no save allowed attacks,

Man this guy is BAD!.

It's like asking: hey who would win in close combat between 10 guardians and 20 khorne berzerkers.

And then says yer wrong when you say berzerker because 3 wraithlords are coming in to help the guardians.

Duh!

What ever happened to logic...
There's no Right or Wrong
There's only Fun and Boring

--My EldarOnline articles:
Starting an Eldar army: http://www.eldaronline.com/editorials/editorials_startingup.shtml
Seer Council Tactics: http://www.eldaronline.com/tactics/tactics_ulthwe.shtml
Guardians Tactics: http://www.eldaronline.com/tactics/tactics_defenderguardians.shtml

--To view the full picture of my avatar, click this link: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meilleur/eldebaran.gif.html