News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: spider gaurdian combo  (Read 220 times)

Offline the-one-tree

spider gaurdian combo
« on: March 10, 2004, 10:43:14 PM »
I have yet to try this tactic out, but was considering it. This would work best against horde armies.

Basically u run:

seer, guide, fortune, ss, row

18 gaurdians/warlock conceal

8 spiders, 1 exarch, withdraw, and powerblades, extra d-spinner

You run the spiders behind the gaurdians, using the FOF of the gaurdians to keep them moving and to screen the spiders. what u do is you keep the units moving up the field. when u find a target about to charge you. jump the spiders infront of the gaurdians shot the enemy with them , and use the guided gaurdians to shoot the  as well. You get a withering amount of fire. charge the spiders into the squad. if the enmey squd survives till the end of the next turn. Withdraw at the end of the enemies turn and, open up on them with your gaurdians

any suggestions?

the-one-tree

Life is like a toilet Bowl. Sometimes it gets flushed. The question. Do You grasp for the sides as the waters suck you down, or do you let the current suck you down with it?

Offline ArmyOfPenguins

• ^ You DARE insult my hair?!
Re: spider gaurdian combo
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 10:48:29 PM »
I like Warp Spiders but they would be more useful for creating crossfire. They're way faster than Guardians with their second jump.
=)

Offline syth773

Re: spider gaurdian combo
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 10:53:12 PM »
there is a slight problem with this strategy.  it will take at least 2 turns, even with awsome FOF rolls, to reach the enemy with your guardians and you can definitly expect a LOT of fire comming your way, either that or your guardians will be assaulted by tyranids, orks or dark eldar which will eat both guardians and spiders alike.

if you plan on using warp spiders let them opperate indipendently.  use their speed to get them around the enemy and use them as hit and run attackers.  don't slow them down by hiding behind guardians.