News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Council of Chaos!  (Read 19921 times)

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: The Council of Chaos!
« Reply #40 on: December 1, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »
The Emperor never sleeps because he knows WE are coming.

Ave Dominus Nox!

Don't you mean the "False Emperor!"

P.S.  Elections for the CoC are in the works but thats a secret! :-X

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline ReaperGrim

• BFTMFBG!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 8, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »
Greetings fellow council members....

It has been some time since I have been on these forums, but I am making a return to our dark alliance to spread fear and doubt once more. 

Blood for the Blood God!!!
The world will look up and shout "Save us!", and I will whisper "No..."
"The Sons of Slaughter" death toll:
             W/L/D - 23/5/3

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #42 on: December 8, 2009, 10:25:02 PM »
Just so you guys know, any sort of Mod-required business I will gladly help with. Just shoot me a PM>
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Aristo

• Armies: Dark Eldar
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 10:46:55 PM »
Hey all, out of curiosity, could my rank be changed from the Eldar Shining Spear to the appropriate  Undivided CSM rank? I don't even play Eldar  :P

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
Hey all, out of curiosity, could my rank be changed from the Eldar Shining Spear to the appropriate  Undivided CSM rank? I don't even play Eldar  :P

As far as I understand the Chaos ranking in system, it does not work like the Eldar POCs, so you don't sign up and get promoted in the same way, rather the Chaos Gods (mods) will look at your contributions to the Chaos boards, and if you are worthy enough to gain the favour of the Dark Gods, you may receive an appropriate title.

As for the Eldar POC title, you must have at least contributed to the Eldar boards at some point, in order to receive such a title, and you can hold a title from more than one POC, providing it is not from the same army, so unless you really do not want it any more, you don't need to get rid of it.

If, however, you no longer wish to be associated with the Eldar POC which awarded you the title, you would be best off either posting in the relevant POC thread to ask to have it removed because you wish to leave the POC, or sending a PM to the appropriate Autarch.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »

I gave you that Custom Title a while back... POC Saim-Hann... As you did ask to join the POC...

And your welcome to have it removed if you want or keep it.... as Irasido mentioned.. you can hold more than one title, and Chaos Titles are not asked for, they are granted...

Not only that... Chaos Eldar are not unheard of... so you could do Saim-Hann lists with Choas figures, or Chaos list with Saim-Hann figures... Lots of good conversion options there, and both styles are quite fun to play... I enjoy Eldar and Chaos, as do many others in here...

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Aristo

• Armies: Dark Eldar
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 04:08:21 PM »
Ah, I see now. Thanks for the clear-up. I had it added wayyy back when I was considering Eldar, but I never really got into it anymore. I guess I'll try and work on attaining a Chaos title!

Offline BlackLegionaire

• Death to the false emperor!!!
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
I eas very active last year and jsu wondering if I stand a chance? I did finish 2nd in Chsod Poster. :)
Kill Maim Burn Kill Maim Burn

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »
I eas very active last year and jsu wondering if I stand a chance? I did finish 2nd in Chsod Poster. :)

If you cannot spell the word Chaos, I think that may be points against you.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »
Is BlackLegionaire drunk or fake drunk?  I can't tell... :D

Anyway...the powers of the warp are swelling, the great work will be begin, and hopefully end this weekend.

-Your loving Daemon Prince, Sanct.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline BlackLegionaire

• Death to the false emperor!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »
Is BlackLegionaire drunk or fake drunk?  I can't tell... :D

If you dont know that ia m usually drunk then you dont know me very well, as for killer squid I can spell Chaos I was drunk posting.
Kill Maim Burn Kill Maim Burn

Offline Sumshine

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Could someone make a tutorial on how to deploy properly?  And how to set up and use terrain in an advantageous way?  This would really help me out.  Pictures would be helpful with the explanation if that's possible.
"Destroying you is my anti-drug." Zeke, the robot from Ctrl+Alt+Del

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
Could someone make a tutorial on how to deploy properly?  And how to set up and use terrain in an advantageous way?  This would really help me out.  Pictures would be helpful with the explanation if that's possible.

Ack!  :o  I'm not quite sure that that is possible.  There is specific deploying tactics that go along with army composition, and not every army or mission is the same.  There are quite a lot of variables that would make deployment different for every game, including deploying first or second, Night Fighting missions, opponents army and composition.

A rule of thumb however............ deploy your forces with intent to combat the opponents forces, IE.  Deploy your units that would be effective against the opponents units that would do well against them.  Obviously your not going to want to put a Land Raider towards a single small infantry unit.

What you should do is read the Tactica thread which will give you a better idea on how to kit out our CSM units to their fullest potential and will also give you individual unit Tactics on what they excel against.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Fury

• Glory to the Dark Gods
« Reply #53 on: March 7, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »
So with the Chaos boards being a little slower than most, can I make a suggestion for a new rank?

Chaos Cheerleader? Seriously, some of us are still out there beating the drum for this great army (or armies if you play Daemons) every day hoping to gain some miniscule favor with the Dark Powers. And with all the whizz bang new stuff and our codex being more than a few years old, it's more important than ever to keep waving the ol' Icon around.

OK, so if nobody else wants it, I'll be the Chaos Cheerleader. It amuses me.
Ruinous Powers - My Chaos Space Marines Blog
http://ruinouspowers.blogspot.com

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #54 on: March 9, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »

PM me your list and I can give you some idea's but honestly there is not perfect deployment stratagy, etc as each piece of terrain alters things, opponents army and playstyle alter things again, etc. etc.

I will help you as I can though, and others can help even more, I will direct you to them once I see your basic army idea or list.

Cheers

As for asking for a rank, how about we take a vote on it, and my vote is NO.

Cheers, I do like the idea of cheering for the great chaos armies; but "Chaos Cheerleader" -- are you serious ?
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline ReaperGrim

• BFTMFBG!!!
« Reply #55 on: March 9, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »
OK, so if nobody else wants it, I'll be the Chaos Cheerleader. It amuses me.

Furies kinda already are the Chaos cheerleaders, so I guess it fits  :P  ;D

I'm afraid they are right though Sumshine.  There are so many factors that are involved when deploying that it would be quite a daunting task to compose a tactica on it.  Knowing how to use terrain comes from being familiar with your army and your opponents army.  Same goes for deployment.  Since you want to match your units up against ideal targets, knowing what the enemy has and what it does plays a crucial role in deploying your dudes. 

As far as setting up terrain in an advantageous way, there are some basics to it, but I don't have any pictures.  I like to have at least 2 or 3 nice sized pieces of cover in my deployment zone to get some cover if I don't get the first turn.  Then the pieces in the middle I like to have a little staging area of cover so I can leapfrog from there into enemy lines the next turn.  Thats using rhinos of course  :D

To much terrain can be bad for my force since I rely on a lot of heavy support and want decent firing lanes.  Thats pretty much my basic setup, but it might differ from yours because our armies are different.  The type of army my opponent has will impact my setup somewhat.  For instance, if I face a horde I'll try to create bottlenecks with the terrain so that the masses will get clump up and slow down.  This gives me the chance to rain down templates on tightly packed troops.  Clever use of empty rhinos can make this work even better.

I wonder if it would be that difficult to make a small tutorial going over some of the basics  :-\   probably lol
The world will look up and shout "Save us!", and I will whisper "No..."
"The Sons of Slaughter" death toll:
             W/L/D - 23/5/3