News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Points Grey Knights Terminator Heavy list.  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Venator101

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Post modifier extraordinaire!
1500 Points Grey Knights Terminator Heavy list.
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »
So, after the Grey Knight release has calmed down at my store and most new GK players have gone back to their original armies, it's time to get my own Grey Knights out. So here's my 1500 points GK list for criticism. Tell me what you think.

HQ
Librarian – 200 pts                           [200]
   > Warding Stave, Might of Titan, Quicksilver, The Shrouding

Troops
Grey Knight Terminator Squad – 225 pts                     [425]
   > Terminator Justicar w/ Halberd x1
   > Terminator w/ Psycannon, Halberd x1
   > Terminator w/ Halberd x2
   > Terminator w/ Daemon Hammer x1

Grey Knight Terminator Squad – 225 pts                     [650]
   > Terminator w/ Psycannon, Halberd x1
   > Terminator w/ Halberd x2
   > Terminator w/ Daemon Hammer x1

Grey Knight Terminator squad – 205 pts                     [855]
   > Terminator w/ Incinerator, Sword x1
   > Terminator w/ Sword x3

Heavy Support
Purgation squad – 220 pts                        [1075]
   > Justicar w/ Sword x1
   > Grey Knight w/ Psycannon x4
   > Grey Knight w/ Sword x2

Land Raider Crusader – 265 pts                        [1340]
   > Multi-melta

Dreadnought – 160 pts                           [1500]
   > TL-Lascannon, DCCW (Heavy Flamer), Psyflame Ammunition

Tactics for the list; the Librarian goes with the third Terminator squad (swords) in the Land Raider, and is thrown into whatever needs pounding. The Dreadnought follows behind, taking advantage of the LR and The Shrouding for a 3+ cover save. The Lascannon, DCCW and Might of Titan covering my antitank needs for the squad. All the other units sit back and try to engage enemy armour first and defending my home objective.

Now, a lot of what I've posted might seem some of the least competitive choices from what I've read on GKs so far, the Dread especially. But these are all models that I owned from the last codex and I don't really have the cash to make many changes. Nor do I want to field this list as a Paladin force instead.

So, how does it look? Feedback is appreciated  :).

Thanks
Honest Win/Draw/Loss Record since 9th August 2010:
Space Marines: 49/18/22
Black Templars: 8/3/3
Grey Knights: 21/6/7
1500 Pts Black Templars vs Necrons. Capture and Control. Draw. 1-1 Objectives.

I don't get much time to play Warhammer recently unfortunately.

Offline Martin Chaen

• Perfection through punishment
Re: 1500 Points Grey Knights Terminator Heavy list.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
Seeing as how you already own all the models, you can't much go wrong with at least trying it.

I've wondered how effective the purgation squad would be particularly considering astral aim, so would be good to hear how they work out for you.

Terminator squads look good, though I would suggest you gather the two even squads in one and combat squad them instead, just so you have the option of running it as one unit.

One thing I would change is to add Sanctuary to the Librarian; it is an awesome power that can break a counter-assault entirely or at least thin the enemy squad down before they reach you.

I like the Dreadnought setup myself, I'm running two Assault Cannon and DCCW with Storm Bolters and psybolt ammunition myself, but I deliver them to the front in Stormravens.

The Emperor Protects!

Regards,
Martin
Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes.

Check out my Grey Knights Work In Progress

Offline Venator101

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:40:54 AM »
Cheers for the reply  :).

Terminator squads look good, though I would suggest you gather the two even squads in one and combat squad them instead, just so you have the option of running it as one unit.

Any particular reason why? I understand Kill Point denial, but this list only has 7 in it anyway. I doubt there's going to be many lists with less than that.

One thing I would change is to add Sanctuary to the Librarian; it is an awesome power that can break a counter-assault entirely or at least thin the enemy squad down before they reach you.

I did originally have it. But it was a choice between that and Psyflame ammo on the Dread. Ignoring FNP on T3 models and wounding most things on 2+ is the better choice I think.

Thanks

Offline DCKeith

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »
All in all I think your list looks fine, other than you are a little low on long range anti tank.

What is your plan for the Purgation squad. To me them seem a tad weak unless coming out of a transport flamers Blazing.

Combining the two Terminator units will give you more cost effective psy-bolt ammo and give you the ability to combat squad

On the dreadnought I would sure either auto cannon and psy-bolt ammo or assault cannon and psy-bolt ammo. I think either of these are better than the lascannon.

Offline Venator101

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2011, 04:48:00 AM »
All in all I think your list looks fine, other than you are a little low on long range anti tank.

That was my own thought too. Outside of the Lascannon, all my AT is locked into 24" or less. But other than Psycannons, there isn't really a lot of long range AT the Grey Knights can field.

What is your plan for the Purgation squad. To me them seem a tad weak unless coming out of a transport flamers Blazing.

Long range supporting fire. I need units to get plenty of Psycannons on the field to help with antitank.

Combining the two Terminator units will give you more cost effective psy-bolt ammo and give you the ability to combat squad

Don't have the points for Psybolt ammo unless I drop something. The Warding Stave on the Librarian probably. But given as how people tend to like Power Fisting my Librarians in the face, I'm not too keen on that.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the more it makes sense. But instead of loosing the Warding Stave, what about if I dropped a regular GK from the Purgation squad? It's a perfect swap points wise, but it leaves only 2 ablative wounds for the Psycannons. And seeing how deadly this squad is, I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of fire directed at it.

Thoughts?

On the dreadnought I would sure either auto cannon and psy-bolt ammo or assault cannon and psy-bolt ammo. I think either of these are better than the lascannon.

Meh, I only have the Lascannon painted, but it won't be hard to go back and redo an Assault Cannon. But like I said previously, the Lascannon is my only weapon with a range greater than 24". And it provides that all important AP2 and Instant Death effect for most things. I'm not too keen to replace that either.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2011, 04:54:22 AM by Venator101 »