News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Shroud Runners and Autarch  (Read 70398 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Now With Added Fishy Bits
« Reply #360 on: June 26, 2018, 12:50:20 AM »
I got one of those grips, it is fantastic. Helps especially with long painting sessions and saves my old hand.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Things That Go Bump in the Nighthaunt.
« Reply #361 on: July 5, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
First off, thank you everybody that has read and posted...special thanks to everyone enquiring about my arm. To sum the experience up...it sucks. Some level of pain pretty much all the time and super special pain when I do something I probably shouldn't be doing! Even worse is th fact that we're going through a prolonged heat wave here, with the temperatures up around 30...or in the 80s for those that deal in Fahrenheit. May not seem like much, but we don't believe in Air Con over here, so we feel all of it...and the cast makes things that much more unbearable.

Next up, I've used the grip before and I think it's Really useful. Even more so since the surgery. It actually makes painting tolerable...althoug h still a touch painful. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone considering purchasing one.

Next up...I'm a day late, but to some of the folk on this site...

To the Antipodeans and Canadians amongst you...don't get any ideas!

Next up, hobby stuff!

So, thanks to a good day last Friday, I managed to do most of the rest of my diorama. I finished the last couple of bits today.

I think I'm calling it: Easy Pickings?

The story of the piece is that the Skaven has been hunting the Skeleton Warband for days. Eager to behead the enemy beast by killing their leader, he stalks through the sewer system for days. When he finally emerges, he figures on an easy kill...not realising that he is in the burial ground of a human war band that met an ill fate some time ago...easy pickings, but for whom?

A few close ups of some of the details:

Making sure the sewer elements of the Skaven base fit the overall aesthetic was a pain. Just a pain.

So there you are. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. I was hoping for something more dynamic, but my injury precluded doing the amount of work necessary for that kind of investment. Hopefully the guys at the store will like it too.

However, that's not all that I've been up to, as I managed to pick up my copy of AoS on Monday. Since then, I've been something of a busy beaver!

Please note, the intention is to do the minimum required to make the Nighthaunt army look decent. As such, I'm following  a guide I saw on BoLS last week. It's quick, it's simple and hopefully it'll look good.

So, today, having finished building the ghosts last night, I got to the first stages of painting:

Step 1:
The Corax White Undercoat.

After a Corax White undercoat, the first stage is an airbrush base layer of Nihilakh Oxide. `Needless to say, airbrushing with a cast on 1 hand leads to...interesting results:

This is exactly as uncomfortable as it looks:

Step 2:
The Nihilakh Oxide Basecoat

Despite the pain, it leads to super fast results:

I've actually gone 1 stage further and done a full model wash of Coelia Greenshade. Photos will follow for that.

So despite my limited physical capabilities at the moment, I'm making decent progress. Hopefully I'll have more to share over the next couple of days!

Thanks for popping by!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:52:37 AM by Looshkin »
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Things That Go Bump in the Nighthaunt
« Reply #362 on: July 6, 2018, 07:57:33 AM »
Guess you can't keep a good man down. Wow Loosh, that diorama looks amazing. You've done a superb job on those cloaks and those rust effects are just perfect.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with that Nighthaunts army. It's the one force that might actually get me to start dabbling in AOS.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #363 on: July 6, 2018, 11:44:18 PM »
Ah HADES! Even broken you beat me to it. I just got the set, all assembled and primed. I thought, all right now, don't like AoS but these models are so cool. I also kinda read thru the new rules so maybe.

Now back to you. You're a constant surprise, even with busted muscles you're putting out amazing things, real inspiration you are! Can't wait to see what your gonna do with the green base coat.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #364 on: July 9, 2018, 05:07:32 AM »
Guess you can't keep a good man down. Wow Loosh, that diorama looks amazing. You've done a superb job on those cloaks and those rust effects are just perfect.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with that Nighthaunts army. It's the one force that might actually get me to start dabbling in AOS.

Cheers DoW. I wouldn't get too excited by my Nighthaunts...they are going to be the 'rough and ready' army. I just want them done and to look ok. If they look good from 2-3 feet away, I'll be a happy man.

Ah HADES! Even broken you beat me to it. I just got the set, all assembled and primed. I thought, all right now, don't like AoS but these models are so cool. I also kinda read thru the new rules so maybe.

Now back to you. You're a constant surprise, even with busted muscles you're putting out amazing things, real inspiration you are! Can't wait to see what your gonna do with the green base coat.

Really looking forward to seeing what you manage to do with the models Dread. They really are cool models. Maybe way down the line after I've done the rough and ready painting on them and finished all my other unfinished projects, I'll revisit them and show them some love because the Nighthaunt range is easily one of the best thematically that is out there.

So, mini update time (to keep the Plogs rolling during these slow Summer months!)

Update 1:

Boom, I'm more Bionic than you:

Update 2:

I won something:

In the end, there was only 1 other entry...but it was all kinds of cool:

There were 2 prizes. The other guy won 'Best Theme' and rightly so. It was awesome. I got 'Best Painted'...which is cool. A lot of people really liked the work that I had put into my piece...but most of the plaudits went to the other guy because it's Rats on a Sky Pirate Ship. Nothing in this life will ever be as cool as that!

Step 3:

The Post Coelia Step:

Progress continues on the Nighthaunt. Hopefully I'll have some finished models soon.

Thanks for dropping by everyone!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:51:25 AM by Looshkin »

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2018, 01:48:38 AM »
Congrats on the Best Painted prize Loosh! Well-deserved, that diorama looks beautiful. Enjoyed every bit of it! Even just the old stones themselves are so full of that fascinating "proper fantasy" feeling of mystery and adventure. The composition depicting an assassin that, having just sliced one skellie in two, instantly leaps onto the next one, is brilliant.

The Greenshade effect on that Nighthaunt is spot-on too.

And does your bionics mean that your bicep already should've healed enough for you to flex your arm in the elbow?
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2018, 03:43:37 PM »
First off, that Skaven Frigate absolutely deserves some props ;D, that thing is amazing! That out of the way, looks like you're on the mend, Loosh, which is great to hear! That Diorama is simply outstanding, love the backstory that the whole thing is built around. That coelia wash on the nighthaunt is already giving me those ghostly vibes, and you've only done two steps so far! Cannot wait to see these guys come into their later stages :).
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #367 on: July 11, 2018, 09:24:15 AM »
well done bionic man ;)

That transition effect on the sword is awesome. Aer you going for a light base/flock? Those rear feet look prime for a disappearing act :)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #368 on: July 11, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »
Loving the colors. Keep posting updates, I'm  having to live vicariously thru ya'll right now. I just started a new job and trying to keep the tattoo shop going. New job is normal hours. It's weird getting up at 8 in the morning I've been a vampire for 23 years. Anyhow, love the direction your moving and your award, well you definitely earned it.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2018, 09:50:11 AM »
Congrats on the Best Painted prize Loosh! Well-deserved, that diorama looks beautiful. Enjoyed every bit of it! Even just the old stones themselves are so full of that fascinating "proper fantasy" feeling of mystery and adventure. The composition depicting an assassin that, having just sliced one skellie in two, instantly leaps onto the next one, is brilliant.

Cheers man...although I'll clear something up. The Skaven thinks that he has the drop on the Skellie commander, but actually, that 2nd Skeleton is rising from the earth to cut down the Skaven before he can pounce. Classic use of 'live' bait by the undead forces!

And does your bionics mean that your bicep already should've healed enough for you to flex your arm in the elbow?

Unfortunately not yet. The arm remains locked in position for a while longer. I have physiotherapy next week, so should find out more then. At the moment, all I can do is occasionally unlock the arm and move the arm with my other arm, so that it is not load bearing at any stage. It's all very frustrating!

First off, that Skaven Frigate absolutely deserves some props ;D, that thing is amazing! That out of the way, looks like you're on the mend, Loosh, which is great to hear! That Diorama is simply outstanding, love the backstory that the whole thing is built around. That coelia wash on the nighthaunt is already giving me those ghostly vibes, and you've only done two steps so far! Cannot wait to see these guys come into their later stages :).

Cheers dude. The Skaven Frigate really was amazing. Mine was definitely painted to a higher standard, but his whole concept blew mine out of the water. Just brilliant conversion work and little details throughout. I think my favourite touch was the Verminlord head on the prow of the ship. Just brilliantly thought out and executed.

Thanks for the nice words about the ghosts too!

well done bionic man ;)

That transition effect on the sword is awesome. Aer you going for a light base/flock? Those rear feet look prime for a disappearing act :)

Boom. We have our first contestant to spot that it's better to be lucky than good!

Genuinely, the sword is a mistake. I always planned to paint it silver. Just another piece of rusted metal. As such, I didn't feel the need to hit it with the Coelia wash. As such, it has a wicked fade on it...which I will probably intend to keep, as it looks ethereal as hell!

I assure you, if I had deliberately gone for that result, it wouldn't have looked half as good!

Loving the colors. Keep posting updates, I'm  having to live vicariously thru ya'll right now. I just started a new job and trying to keep the tattoo shop going. New job is normal hours. It's weird getting up at 8 in the morning I've been a vampire for 23 years. Anyhow, love the direction your moving and your award, well you definitely earned it.

Don't worry...I'm now living as a vampire in your stead! Being off work is all kinds of strange!

Update time.

I've continued to work on the Nighthaunts. I've largely finished the Chainrasp Horde and am about to start details on some of the other rank and file. Meanwhile, I'm doing each of the dry brush stages as a large batch, so I've got a couple more stages to show you. Hopefully, this means that, when I finally show you the Knight of Shrouds as complete, actually, the whole army will also be complete.

Step 4:
The Hellion Green dry brush step.
AKA the Deep-Fried-Dogamphetamine parrot stage.

Seriously. I did this stage on all the minis and kinda wrinkled my nose at the results. I just don't like how it looks. It's rough and ready and too powdery and the transitions seem too stark.

Step 5:
The Celestra Grey dry brush stage:
AKA better. But still a bit...off...

I think the addition of the grey makes things a bit smoother and less omg that is so green

Let me know what you think!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Things That Go Bump in the Knight
« Reply #370 on: July 21, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »
Hey gang. Sorry I've been off the grid for the last week or so. I've been somewhat busy!

Not with work or anything IRL...I still have my busted wing and the usual moderate to lava in my veins levels of pain that entails; mainly because it's becoming quite evident that the surgeon probably knicked a nerve when he was digging around, causing my pain receptors to go a little bit batamphetamine parrot crazy at times. Nah, don't worry, it was all hobby stuff.

Which is nice.

So, I've actually stepped away from the Nighthaunt this week because I had more pressing matters to attend to. There was a store event today that I wanted to participate in and to do so, I was going to need to get my painting boots on.

I had to paint a Knight in a week.

Now, it's not as bad as all that. I had done all of the prep work way back when I had just finished the Armigers. It was also the time when Forgeworld stopped selling their clear paints. That led to some hunting about and testing. In the end, I settled on Tamiya Clear Red, but it took weeks for it to come through the post, by which time I had moved on to the Idoneth and Nighthaunt and a couple of other projects that may see the light of day at some stage..

But it was still a lot of work to do, because a Knight is a lot of work!

I also wanted to paint it in my Squadron's colours again. Black and red. Only this time, I wanted to incorporate more elements of the Squadron iconography into the work.

I decided to incorporate the Squadron 'flash' into the design:

At some stage, I'll also add the XXIV into each piece:

And I managed it...although the Icarus Cannon thingy obscures it a little, when it's attached:

I appreciate that the work isn't perfect. I was rushing and the paint hadn't totally dried, hence the 'damage'. That said, I've not yet finished the Knight, so it'll all be fine once touch ups and weathering have taken place. You'll not notice the shoddy bits of the work.

But enough flashing of thigh, I'll let you see where I have got to. Again, I'd reiterate that this needs touch up work and weathering plus some more work on the base (The green stuff was done at 0100 last night and I didn't have any time to make it look any better. I also need to source a groin plate. No clue where that thing has disappeared to!

So there you go! 95% complete. Just some tarting up to do now.

Plus some critical decisions...which is where I need your help.

The Squadron Crest has the motto 'In Omnia parati'.

'In all things prepared'. Or, put another way, ready for anything. Apt for a 60' tall walking war machine.

That's easy to work in. Lady Omnia, Keeper of the 7th Vale. Baron Paratus, Guardian of the Blessed Rhubarb. That kind of thing. Easy.

Here's the difficult part. The animal featured on the crest is a Black Cockerel.

Am I really going to name the Princeps in charge of this Knight World 'The Black Cock'??!!!

I'm thinking of tweaking it to The Black Cockatrice. That should work.

So here's the question; Can anyone think of any transfer set in any system (from any company for that matter) that produces transfers (In white, as it's the only colour that shows up well enough), of a cockerel. Or, failing that, anywhere that allows you to design and order transfers (as I can't print white using my printer at home)?

Any help would be amazeballs.

-------------------------------

So I mentioned a store event that I was getting ready for. It was titled 'A Knight to Remember'. Formally known as the All Night Knight Night.

And hells bells it was a giggle.

A 6' by 8' playing area. 2 teams. 6 people. 28 Knights.

Twenty. Eight. Knights.

Pffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffff.

Turn 1 was about as good as it got for me. I moved up and claimed a couple of objectives (That granted rerolls or VPs depending on a D6 roll).

I also weathered a storm of 5 (5!) knights shooting at my brand new Errant. It only took about 2 wounds. Most of the shooting was from Crusaders too...so they were festooned with weapons. Seriously, we were joking that the shiny paint had been thrice blessed by the Omnissiah or something. People were whiffing shots or wound rolls left, right and centre.  If they did get through, I was rolling 5s like a champ. Nothing was getting through. It would be a good day. An all conquering day. A day of heroes. A day of valiant deeds.

Yeah, that was the plan.

Unfortunately,  the 6th Knight that shot it that saw things tumble off a cliff downhill for me! All 22 wounds stripped, an explosion and stripping half the wounds off the Armigers as a result. Yeah.

Fortunately, you could recycle Knights for 1 VP, so my Errant (And my Warden, to a lesser extent) were able to take advantage of this as I was left facing the fury of 3 Crusaders, 2 Armigers and a Big Frost Wolf thingy every turn while my team swung round the left flank and won the entire game in a series of glorious engagements did sod all.

Seriously, our dice were stone cold. Like the grasp of a bloody White Walker. Theirs, on the other hand, were red hot. It was crazy how badly we played and how monstrously they capitalised on it.

But, you know what? Nobody cared*. It was amazing fun. Seriously, if you can ever get some mates together for this kind of beer and pretzels crazy fun, just do it...and don't let anyone calculate a single points cost, because that would immediately ruin it.

Thanks for tuning in fellas, take it easy!

*Well, one guy cared. He only had 1 Knight and was the only guy that bothered claiming cover at any stage of the game and was rolling Tzeentch dice that nobody could decipher except him. I kid you not; he may as well have declared shooting, thrown some chicken bones into the air and then told you that everything was dead. Who the hell uses dice that even they struggle to read??!!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:26:13 PM by Looshkin »

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #371 on: July 22, 2018, 11:58:31 PM »
Knight Fight ;D!!!

That game looked like crazy hilarious fun, Loosh! Bet it took all night to play though lol. I think your newest Knight model has some cool flair in his stance as well as the usual amazing paint job. Good work, so when are you going to work on that giant knight with turrets on it's pauldrons and a cathedral on its back!? ;D

I think the Ethereal look on your Nighthaunt look great at their current stage. Hell, I would not have complained about how they looked in the early coelia greenshade stage! The Ulthuan grey does give them that ghastly wraith mist vibe though, really cool looking!

As for the Nighthaunt I'm planning on tackling sometime, I don't think the quick-and-dirty will be my style. I think I'd like some more color variation, so I'll probably follow some of the GW and White Dwarf tutorials and tips and see how that goes. Think there's some good chance I'll try another muted color scheme so brighter stuff will stand out more, like cursed blades or something!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »
Here's the difficult part. The animal featured on the crest is a Black Cockerel.

Am I really going to name the Princeps in charge of this Knight World 'The Black Cock'??!!!

What about Black Gallus or Galliforme? These being the genus name for cockerels. 

So here's the question; Can anyone think of any transfer set in any system (from any company for that matter) that produces transfers (In white, as it's the only colour that shows up well enough), of a cockerel. Or, failing that, anywhere that allows you to design and order transfers (as I can't print white using my printer at home)?

Not sure if they would work but nowadays you see a huge amount of stickers in card shops, W.H.Smiths & Hobbycraft shops that might include what you are looking for. Also it might be worth looking for Airfix decals online as maybe they have produced a decal for an aircraft that has used a cockerel as a symbol

As for getting your own printed have a look at Wessex Transfers and see what you think of them
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:25:36 AM by Alienscar »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #373 on: August 4, 2018, 11:54:41 AM »
Wow... too much to go over in depth with these busted wrists of mine... but absolutley crazy stuff Loosh. The diorama, the knights the AoS stuff is just insanity! The AoS is the real show stealer for me has got to be the Death army though. The glowy ethereal is just phenomenal. Truly a masters touch.

My only crit. would be on the knight. I'd dial back the heat stress just a bit (its a little too rainbowy), but other than that I love it.

Anyway hope you are feeling better my friend. Take care and keep rocking you are putting me to shame in the hobby progress dept... but I couldn't be happier about it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #374 on: August 7, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »
Hey guys, sorry I've been away for a bit. Currently on holiday and today is the first rainy day we've had out of 10, so it's the first time sat in front of a computer rather than lying on a beach!

As for the Nighthaunt I'm planning on tackling sometime, I don't think the quick-and-dirty will be my style. I think I'd like some more color variation, so I'll probably follow some of the GW and White Dwarf tutorials and tips and see how that goes. Think there's some good chance I'll try another muted color scheme so brighter stuff will stand out more, like cursed blades or something!

Yeah, I agree about the colour variation. I've since added a deep red to all my Nighthaunt so that there is some contrast going on and I think it works. I'll get some photos when I get back...the Nighthaunt are 95% finished though. Totally ready for games though, which is all I wanted in the first place.

Thanks for your input MyenTal!

What about Black Gallus or Galliforme? These being the genus name for cockerels. 

Not sure if they would work but nowadays you see a huge amount of stickers in card shops, W.H.Smiths & Hobbycraft shops that might include what you are looking for. Also it might be worth looking for Airfix decals online as maybe they have produced a decal for an aircraft that has used a cockerel as a symbol

As for getting your own printed have a look at Wessex Transfers and see what you think of them

Great ideas with the naming of the Knights Alienscar. I think that either sounds suitably Gothic, so I'll have a play with it at some stage and see what fits.

As for the transfers, Wessex looks frightfully expensive for what I want (Which is only a sheet or 2 of transfers), so I think I'll keep looking. Thanks for the tip though, it's given me some other ideas for projects!

Wow... too much to go over in depth with these busted wrists of mine... but absolutley crazy stuff Loosh. The diorama, the knights the AoS stuff is just insanity! The AoS is the real show stealer for me has got to be the Death army though. The glowy ethereal is just phenomenal. Truly a masters touch.

My only crit. would be on the knight. I'd dial back the heat stress just a bit (its a little too rainbowy), but other than that I love it.

Anyway hope you are feeling better my friend. Take care and keep rocking you are putting me to shame in the hobby progress dept... but I couldn't be happier about it!

You're not wrong about the Knight. The biggest problem is that I've lost the red and purple stages of the transition while the yellow is waaaaaayyyyy too large. I'll either redo entirely or look at dry brushing a lot of the yellow back to silver. That should work. I knew when I had finished that weapon that it looked off, but had no time to rectify matters. Thanks for the input Cav; as always, it's bang on point.

Anyhoo, back to my holiday I go, but hopefully I'll have Death Guard and Idoneth and Goblins and maybe even Adeptus Titanicus to show you. Cheers fellas!

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2018, 10:02:00 AM »
That's an amazing knight Loosh! Top-notch job, just as it was on the Warglaives. The knightly melee report is awesome too.

I'm with Cav on the overheated metal topic. In fact, I kind of feel you don't really need yellow at all there - imho, it looks more natural when you start with bronze, and then proceed to purple etc.
Still, it's awesome job, and the fact that you managed it with an arm not fully operational borders on the Astartes level of super-humanity! :)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #376 on: August 13, 2018, 07:12:49 PM »
I'm with Cav on the overheated metal topic. In fact, I kind of feel you don't really need yellow at all there - imho, it looks more natural when you start with bronze, and then proceed to purple etc.

Yeah, I totally agree. I will definitely reattach it when a chance arises. Thanks for the input!

So, quick and dirty update.

I have 95% finished the Nighthaunt. I have to do a fair amount of weathering on all but the chainrasps, but that should only take a couple of hours in total. So on to pictures:

Knight of Shrouds:
Probably the model I'm least happy with. I think I need to add another wash of something to the skeletal horse in order to break up the model a bit more.

Lord Executioner:

Guardian of Souls:

Spirit Torment:

Gringhast Reapers:

Glaivewraith Stalkers:

Chainrasp Horde:

This shot shows the weathering that I'll likely repeat across the whole army:

I also managed to get most of the way through a squad of Death Guard whilst on holiday. Bases, weathering, blood effects and a few details (eyes, tongues and boils mainly...) here and there to do yet. Should be able to finish them before the weekend.

Who knows...maybe one day I'll even start painting more than I buy...

Thanks for dropping by.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #377 on: August 13, 2018, 09:15:35 PM »
I see you had a similar idea for your nighthaunt that I did, Loosh ;D. I didn't want to do the midnight black and just the ghostly wraith energies. Though you chose a slightly different color than what I was planning. I was thinking about applying the tutorial in the Nighthaunt Battletome for the dark pink curtains on the Black Coach to the robes of my models. I think I'll highlight them with grey to show that the robes are moldering, but I haven't decided yet.

By the way, those are some beautiful Nighthaunt  :), so many great models that you've painted to a glorious standard, hard to choose which one is my favorite. I think either the chainrasp or the glaivewraith stalkers.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #378 on: August 13, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
Holy painting plethora! Awesome stuff going on there. I like seeing the the haunts in solid color for and the colors are perfect. The plague dudes are cool too. Rich colors, love seeing them.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #379 on: August 14, 2018, 02:04:37 AM »
Holly squeleton cow!!! You sure are a painting monster. These whole page of the blog is filled to the brim with insanely cool photo! I gotta say I was thinking nothing would top the skeletons because they look way too cool, but these wraith and stuff are just as good! It's a absolute fabulous work.

I do agree with the guy's that voted, this flying rat boat against the big bird is way too cool!

Now that I have some time to me again, I'm looking forward to be reading more from you!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member