News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Shroud Runners and Autarch  (Read 70372 times)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Adeptus Mechanicus
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2018, 04:44:15 AM »
Oh my god Looshkin, those Skaven?  Those Skaven, oh my god, those Skaven.  They’re fantastic!  ;D

This says it better than I ever could so it bears repeating.

It also allowed me the opportunity to use all of GW's technical grot paints on various effects! There's Rust, Depp rust, Verdigris, the Sewer water uses Nurgle's Rot

The sewage water on Skritch's base looks brilliant. Is that just Nurgle's Rot or have you used other techniques with the Rot?

I think this photo helps show how well the models work together. They really look as though they were designed with the complete gang in mind for how the aesthetic would work...and I think the designers absolutely nailed it with this war band. The only others that come close are the Sepulchral Guard and even then, I think the Skaven work best.

I think Magor's Fiends is another Warband where the designers created a really cohesive looking Warband. I agree with you though that the Skaven is probably the best looking Warband to date.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:19:51 AM by Alienscar »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2018, 04:46:07 AM »
I lost many a school lunchtime playing Heroquest with my mates. The minis were good. I'll not lie though, the depth of the Advanced Heroquest rule set was far more appealing to me and the heroes were actually pretty good. I painted them up some time ago and wasn't disappointed with the results...although they do, of course, fall far, far short of some of the minis created today.

I completely agree, which is why I opted to play Heroquest using Advanced Heroquest rules.  That makes all the quests much more of a challenge for the heroes, especially the later expansion packs, such as the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar.

The Skaven look fantastic and the dynamic posing, particular of Scritch Spiteclaw is very impressive indeed.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2018, 01:59:36 AM »
Your Skaven turned out really great as I imagined they would have. Would be an excellent addition to any Skaven army that might pop up somewhere in the hazy-who-knows-when-future. Loving all of the use of those technical paints, you really pulled off a series of natural effects that stand out, but complement each other really well.

Great work, Loosh!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #343 on: May 22, 2018, 06:42:12 PM »
I've been waiting for you to do these guys! I knew as a Skaven  guy you wouldn't be able to resist them ;)

I'm with you on how awesome the sculpts are too. I've been really enjoying the more recent models they've been bringing out for Skaven (Blood Bowl included), and you've done a cracking job on them :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: Looshkin's Everything Thread - Now With Added Fishy Bits
« Reply #344 on: June 8, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »
First off, everybody; thank you for your pretty much universal praise of my Skaven. I'm really pleased you all like them. They were a pretty swift paint job by me, so to get the levels of praise that you're all heaping on them is, frankly, overwhelming.

Secondly; sorry that it's almost a month since my last post. I've been pretty busy with work and at first I had little time to paint. Then I fell out of love with the Goblin Blood Bowl team I was painting (But won't take me too long to complete), so that was a kind of wasted week or so.

Fortunately, my local GW decided to do a late night gaming event. I never really get to go to these; 2 1/2 year olds and bedtime stories put pain to that, but as he's growing up, I'm getting a little more freedom.

"Hang on a sec, Loosh. You said late night *gaming*. You don't game."

You're right. I don't...but it's not because I don't want to! It's just a matter of time available Vs commitments!

Also, what really drew me in was the nature of the game:

Buy whatever you want up to a value of £70-85. Play with it. No restrictions. It could even be 5 Clam packs from totally different armies if you wanted. No. Restrictions.

Also, it was AoS...and finally I wanted to take the bait.

I've been meaning to start AoS for the longest time, but was waiting for the Skaven Clan Verminus to get an update and release...I know that most of their stuff is new, but I at least wanted full rules and the impetus to paint soooo very many Clan Rats again.

So if you aren't doing rats, what are you doing?

Shark and Eel riding soulless Elf Muthaf*ckers! That who!

Yup, the Idoneth Deppkin blew me away when I first saw them and I knew that I'd have to collect them sooner rather than later...and the gaming night was exactly what I needed to get the ball rolling. The fact that I could spend up to £85 was good too...enough to commit me to the force, not too much to overwhelm me and drain me mentally, enough to try a few units that I might like.

First off, I had to find which enclave I wanted to run and paint.

What do you like in an army Loosh? Manoeuvrability and stealth.

What are your favourite colours to paint? I bloody love teal.

Good job there's an enclave for you then bud: Briomdar.

Genuinely, I saw the models, though 'I really want to paint those. I really want to paint them in similar colours to the Human Blood Bowl team I painted. I really want a stealthy army.' Boom. Everything fell into place.

That decided, I started buying units. 10 Namartii Reavers were first on the shopping list, followed by an Akhelian King and 3 Morrsarr Guard Fangmora Riders.

At first I just built the kits and base coated them so that I could use them in the games...but then the fever grabbed hold and I started work  painting up the Eels and the King. I got them to a decent standard by the time of the gaming night.

I didn't take any photos of the games played, but I will give you a very brief recap...it was all about fun and learning an army...and I hadn't ever played AoS before. The format was doubles, rolling for starting table corners, kill the opposing generals to win the game.

Game 1:

Me (Idoneth), Matt (Store owner and all round good guy with a Sylvaneth force headed by Duurthu with 20 Dryads and a couple of Spell Casters) Vs 20 Beastmen Gors, a Brayherd Shaman a Beast Lord, and a Ghorgon, allied with 3 Daemon princes.

Very different, very interesting armies!

The opposing team saw me as fresh meat, so the Beastmen player tried to ambush me on turn 1, with the Daemon player moving up in support. It all looked good for them until they failed their charges to start the game...

...and then everyone realised how bloody hard Idoneth can kick. After my turn 1, I had 4 dead Reavers. There were also 20 dead Beastmen Gors, a badly wounded Beastlord and a dead Daemon Prince. We were all pretty shocked.

The rest of the game was spent killing Daemon princes and chasing after the Shaman, who carried on summoning new Daemon Princes! I m use have killed about 4 of the buggers by the end, with Matt killing another 2 and the Ghorgon. I lost the Morrsarr Guard and 6 Reavers. That was it. Matt lost a bunch of Dryads and 1 spell caster.

Game 2:

Me (Idoneth), Dan (Store worker with Clan Moulder Skaven) Vs the 3 Daemon Guy and a gun line of 30 Empire Hand Gunners being buffed to the max by some characters. Plus an artillery piece.

Dan and I did not want to tangle with the gun line, as their buffs meant they would be hitting 1 enemy unit each turn on 2s, wounding on 2s...and they could overwatch 1 unit that charged them too! Gah!

Turn 1, the Daemon player moved toward the Skaven this time, while the Empire player took some long range shots at the Skaven. In our turn, the Skaven whipped the heck out of his Hellpit Abomination who then failed a charge on the Gunline...bad times. I, meanwhile, delighted in the fact that Idoneth Cavalry move 14 inches and can reroll charges with a musician...well...i t didn't go well for the Daemon player. I carved up 2 of his princes right there and then.

In turn 2, my partner's Hellpit Abomination got annihilated by the gunline. In our turn 2, we pulled off a big combi-charge with 4 Rat Ogres and my Prince hitting the gun line. The Empire player wiped the Rat Ogres off the face of the Earth with his overwatch...my Prince then went to town...I think in total, 22 gunners were killed or fled...and that was pretty much it.

The last Daemon Prince was taken down by the Reavers, while all the Empire except for a standard bearer were killed. My King also got killed. Boo.

So in total, over 2 games, I lost the King, 4 Morrsarr Guard and 6 Reavers.

I killed 20 Beastmen Gor, 1 Beast Lord, 1 Shaman, 7 Daemon Princes (Really, really felt sorry for that guy...), about 25 Hand Gunners, an Empire Captain and an Artillery piece.

Holy amphetamine parrotballs!

I now officially have the AoS bug...and at just the right time, with AoS 2nd Ed about to drop!

Anyway. You don't come here for tales of bravery, might and jammy dice. You come for the painting, I hope!

First off, the Morrsarr Guard. I thought these were finished, but having looked at the photos, I need to clean up the recesses of the Eels' flesh a little. It's too stark. it shows up way worse in photos, but I want these to be right.

The unit (Underexposed, because it's late in the day):

Lochian Prince:

Musician:

I love how the shell turned out. It was mainly white, with some Kislev Flesh on in where the airbrush layer had gone a bit wayward...so I just decided to hit it with a heavy Casandora Yellow wash to see what would happen...I could always repaint it if I didn't like the end result. End result is, I like it a lot!

The Standard Bearer:

Nom nom nom nom nom...

Next up, my King. He is NOT finished. I repeat, NOT finished. There's a lot of stuff I want to work on and touch up. More definition in the tail. The colour transition from Green to Sea Green to Blue. Shading the skin recesses. The cloak (so many bits of the cloak) The base. General touch ups. What the f*ck to do with the reins which won't align (Probably snip them off entirely, but open to suggestions).

NOT finished!

Generally, I want to make the silver a bit more silver (because otherwise, too much teal!), tidy up those bits and generally make his paint fit for an Akhelian King!

As always, any input is gratefully received.

Sorry about the wall of text too...that really is a wall of text  :o
« Last Edit: June 8, 2018, 06:23:55 PM by Looshkin »
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #345 on: June 8, 2018, 05:26:06 PM »
By the Gods... battle reports AND insanely well painted miniatures? Brilliant!

Dang Loosh, so jealous those games sound like an absolute blast. AoS sounds like, so, so, so much fun and 2nd ed has me totally fascinated. I'm definitely going to play at some point and its project logs and battle reports like this that just keep amping up my interest.

So glad you had a good time man. You do such an awesome job on your minis so I'm really stoked that you got out and seize glory with them... and did you ever! Just a phenomenal run there man. Truly some awesome stuff. Sounds like everyone was having a great time. So good to hear.

But man... those paint jobs tho. Dude. NEVER would've thought that greenish yellow would work... but it looks AMAZING! I'm totally in love with this paint scheme... and the exdecution is just what I expect from you. Smooth, seamless, vibrant and eye catching with great little areas of subtlety thrown in for good measure. The fade on your King's Eel is just amazing man. I'm totally blown away. You killed these paint jobs man I honestly cant suggest anything... besides PAINT MORE OF THEM!

I'm so stoked for some of these Idoneth bits to show up on ebay because I've got some great kitbashes planned with them... Anyway just phenomenal stuff Loosh. Keep on rocking man... you continue to inspire me to push forward with my painting. I love it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #346 on: June 8, 2018, 09:19:16 PM »
Absolutely glorious, Loosh 8)!!! I'm loving the colors and patterns you have on your Fangmora Eels!!! Your work inspires me to take a bit more risk with my scheme :). Glad to hear that the Idoneth are presenting themselves strongly on the battlefield! How many of those Akhelian Guard are you running currently?

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #347 on: June 8, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »
Oh my god, those paint jobs are B.E.A.utiful. I'm just blown away at how clean your painting is. Are you sure your not a robot? Seriously man, every one post of your posts I'm like "well, that was amazing, he can't every top that." And lo and behold, the next post knocks it out of the park. Just WOW.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #348 on: June 9, 2018, 12:38:53 AM »
THUNK! That was my jaw hitting the floor. I just have to reiterate what's been said. Phenomenal falls short, I mean.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #349 on: June 9, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »
wow you went all out mate, the stripe pattern on the hides and the transition are really nice, that white cloak is super clean too and the skin tone came out really well.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »
'I stress he is not finished'

*posts up a model I'd be chuffed to pieces painting...

So damn pretty Loosh! I must admit when I first saw the models I wasn't sold. Too much of the typical AoS frivalous detail, not enough Lovecraft.

Then, reading the fluff...there's the Lovecraft! Since then I've had a closer look at the models and they're gorgeous.

Absolutely cannot wait to see more of yours man, and great to see yours doing some serious work on the battlefield :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #351 on: June 18, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »
But man... those paint jobs tho. Dude. NEVER would've thought that greenish yellow would work... but it looks AMAZING! I'm totally in love with this paint scheme... and the exdecution is just what I expect from you. Smooth, seamless, vibrant and eye catching with great little areas of subtlety thrown in for good measure. The fade on your King's Eel is just amazing man. I'm totally blown away. You killed these paint jobs man I honestly cant suggest anything... besides PAINT MORE OF THEM!

Cheers for all of the kindness Cav! As for there colour scheme, it's just the one that GW use in their 'Easy Metal Masterclass from last month's WD. I've seen some pretty garish colours for the Eels (Some by GW...they are...not easy on the eye!) and when I saw this, and the fact it made the Eel seem softer and more natural as a result...well, I just had to give it a try!

Absolutely glorious, Loosh 8)!!! I'm loving the colors and patterns you have on your Fangmora Eels!!! Your work inspires me to take a bit more risk with my scheme :). Glad to hear that the Idoneth are presenting themselves strongly on the battlefield! How many of those Akhelian Guard are you running currently?

Again, check the last WD for the Eel scheme. It's actually a great step by step and they have loads of other animal skins styles to try out. In the games I played, I only ran with 3, as that was all I could afford under the gaming night restrictions. I'm thinking a force of 6 or so on outflanking duties (with a Soul Scryer, because Briomdar) would make a good shock unit. I'll then probably get a squad of around 6 Ishlean Guard to screen my main force. Or maybe even come in with the flanking force so that the enemy is forced to leave the main battle force untouched. Add in some Sharks and Namartii and go from there. I haven't actually put together a list yet, so I'm not totally sure.

Thanks for stopping by!

Oh my god, those paint jobs are B.E.A.utiful. I'm just blown away at how clean your painting is. Are you sure your not a robot? Seriously man, every one post of your posts I'm like "well, that was amazing, he can't every top that." And lo and behold, the next post knocks it out of the park. Just WOW.
THUNK! That was my jaw hitting the floor. I just have to reiterate what's been said. Phenomenal falls short, I mean.
wow you went all out mate, the stripe pattern on the hides and the transition are really nice, that white cloak is super clean too and the skin tone came out really well.

Beep boop bleep...

Cheers guys! You're definitely making me blush now!

'I stress he is not finished'

*posts up a model I'd be chuffed to pieces painting...

Haha, sorry Ynnead...I wasn't saying that to appear big-headed. It's just that often when I post a WiP, I get responses of 'why don't you do this' or 'that doesn't look quite right'. Understandable, but it's a WiP! I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page!

Sooooooo....

Progress.

There has been some. But not where you might expect it.

So the Akhelian King hasn't received any love really since these pictures. A bit of Coelia Greenshade here and there, but nothing worthy of a photo. I will get back to him though.

I did start work on some Namartii Reavers, but I don't want to post anything until I've at least finished 1 totally. Ideally only when I've finished 5.

So what have I been doing?

Competition time!

Yup, it's another painting comp at my local GW. So I've decided to cobble something together for it. I don't think it'll be my best work ever, as time precludes that, but hopefully it'll be set up nicely and will be an intriguing diorama.

The competition is entitled 'AoS Duel'. I'm going out on a creative limb and will have 3 models on my base, where the rules kinda stipulate 2...but I'm hoping the 'Rule Of Cool' prevails and people like the work.

As for now, I just have a couple of WiPs of the base that I'll be using. The only stipulations was that the piece must be mounted on a Citadel AoS base. It is. After that, all of the bending of the rules begins!

There you go. Not much, but it's a start. Since then, I've added some paint to the base and started early work on the skeletons. The other character on the base has already been painted.

The competition is on 7th July.

Ages right?

Wrong.

Only 3 more nights.

'3 more nights? Loosh, your maths are bloody terrible'

Yes...but unfortunately, I probably won't be able to paint for a while come Friday morning:

A normal (if underwhelming) Bicep, from yours truly:

A somewhat not normal Bicep, from yours truly:

I don't know how clearly you can see, but the bicep is essentially about 2-3 inches further up my arm. Such of the joys of a partially ruptured bicep tendon. I learnt a hard lesson about tackling in American Football and why you should get it right...

It doesn't stop me from doing much at the moment, although flying is one of those things. The strength is way down and there's an increased risk of tearing the whole bicep tendon off the bone. Yum. As such, I'm going to have a little bit of surgery on Friday in order to get it all reattached and looked normal (if underwhelming). Then that arm will be in a cast for at least a couple of weeks. Then maybe a a brace that restricts my movement.

All in all, my painting output is probably going to dry up a little over the next few weeks...sorry!

Thanks for stopping by to see the projects, thanks to those of you that stayed for the terrible tale of my old, pathetic body giving up the ghost!

Laters!

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2018, 05:53:28 AM »
Oh well, Loosh... On one hand it's kind of bad - but on the other hand, your arm will be restored to a fully operational state again! Best of luck with the surgery mate. Modern surgery technologies are awesome!

Sorry for not stopping by in a while. But I did now and - my, what do I see! Just as Cav said, I'm also completely blown away by those Armigers, they are 150% pure awesomness. Everything about them is absolutely lovely. The only one miniscule change I might suggest would be to airbrush either a little black or a little silver onto the very tips of the muzzles of melta weapons. The former would imitate soot from burning, while the latter would imitate metal that has been completely discoloured by the repeated overheating. But I'm nitpicking really :) they fine as they are too.

Your rats look cool too, and your Deepkin are just lovely. Great stuff!
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2018, 06:06:01 AM »
A somewhat not normal Bicep, from yours truly: As such, I'm going to have a little bit of surgery on Friday in order to get it all reattached and looked normal

See, this is why I think your Plog is one of the best on this site. Not because you hurt yourself for our enjoyment, but because of the entertaining and informative information that you include.

I hope your injury isn't as painful as the bruising makes it look and I hope the surgery goes well.

The competition is entitled 'AoS Duel'. I'm going out on a creative limb and will have 3 models on my base, where the rules kinda stipulate 2...but I'm hoping the 'Rule Of Cool' prevails and people like the work.

Only 3 more nights.

Wow I cannot believe you have given yourself so much to do in such a short timescale. I already love the 'Jason and the Argonauts' look that your terrain is rocking.

It looks to me that you have given yourself a serious challenge as the windblown cloak of that model is surely going to make the integration of two more models a real problem.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:46:51 AM by Alienscar »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #354 on: June 22, 2018, 01:32:18 PM »
Damn man thats horrible! I'm sorry that happened to you... Does it hurt? I'm actually worried because my left bicep has been hurting and after seeing your post I actually got a doctors apointment to make sure everything is alright. My left side is my weak side and the bicep is less pronounced but now I'm paranoid!

Anyway man hope you are feeling better soon. Good luck!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »
The only one miniscule change I might suggest would be to airbrush either a little black or a little silver onto the very tips of the muzzles of melta weapons. The former would imitate soot from burning, while the latter would imitate metal that has been completely discoloured by the repeated overheating.

I think you might be right. I'll look at both options on the next melts weapon I paint. If I like the result, I'll go back to the Armigers.

You're right about the surgery too...what docs can do with your body is crazy now...but everything takes time to heal and the Bicep tendon takes bloody ages!

See, this is why I think your Plog is one of the best on this site. Not because you hurt yourself for our enjoyment, but because of the entertaining and informative information that you include.

I hope your injury isn't as painful as the bruising makes it look and I hope the surgery goes well.

But if you enjoy me injuring myself..well, that's a happy byproduct, isn't it!!

The injury wasn't horrible, pain-wise. Probably a 4 or a 5 out of 10...but constant. I've had broken bones, torn ligaments, multiples bone bruises and soft tissue injuries...pretty much all of them hurt more than this, but this was the injury that stopped me from doing my job!

Wow I cannot believe you have given yourself so much to do in such a short timescale. I already love the 'Jason and the Argonauts' look that your terrain is rocking.

It looks to me that you have given yourself a serious challenge as the windblown cloak of that model is surely going to make the integration of two more models a real problem.

Yeah. The timescale. That changed...but we'll get into that in a bit!

As for where the models go, it's all planned out. The minis go in each of the holes on the base, so I have no concerns about that. As far as the presence of wind...well, it just so happens that I forgot to check on the other models whether there was a 'weather flow'...but it just so happens I got lucky and it should all work!

Damn man thats horrible! I'm sorry that happened to you... Does it hurt? I'm actually worried because my left bicep has been hurting and after seeing your post I actually got a doctors apointment to make sure everything is alright. My left side is my weak side and the bicep is less pronounced but now I'm paranoid!

amphetamine parrot, I hope it isn't anything serious Cav. At least I knew what was wrong the second I felt the pop in my arm. Having symptoms and not knowing? Well, good luck man, I really hope it turns out you're ok.

So. Where were we?

Ah yes. I was painting for a competition and had 3 nights to get things sorted.

Except I didn't.

I was supposed to go in for the Op on Friday...except, when I rang in on Tuesday to confirm the report time, they casually dropped into the conversation that I'd be having the Op done on Wednesday! Gah! I then had 1 night and decided to enjoy my evening, rather than go crazy trying to do the impossible. The Op actually got delayed to Thursday due to an emergency surgery, but I did end up getting the model to a decent spot:

Apart from a little tidying up to do, the base is finished! Yay!

This is a good thing, because apparently drilling through a bone, dragging through a tendon and stapling it to the far side of the bone*...then ensuring that there is no physical way for me to move the bicep and therefore damage the repair work...well it involves a lot of work and immobilisation:

In the cast for 2 weeks, then into a brace that severely limits range of motion for about 6 weeks after that.

Good news though!

I can hold the citadel grip that I treated myself to in my Christmas stocking last Christmas!

Now all need to do is either not be in pain so that I can paint...or be awake enough to paint! Seriously, I'm getting like 10-12 hours a night since the surgery and still need an hour or 2 nap on top of that during the day!

Right. Enough for now...this post took about a week of single finger typing to put together!

As always, thanks for stopping by.
*At this point, I should say that a crap load of Fentanyl and morphine does wonders for any insomnia that you may be suffering from. Wow. 2 and a half hours were just erased from my life. It's like the time didn't exist. I was chatting to nurses about how the medicine felt a bit cold in my arm and then instantly was in another room with my arm in a cast and talking about the NBA with a Philippine nurse. Her favourite player was Jordan, her son's LBJ. I know you were wondering...

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2018, 07:21:08 PM »
Ouch, sorry to hear about your arm, Loosh! I hope you're due for a quick recovery :). As for what you managed to paint (and I think you're a hero for soldiering on without a bicep in one arm!), Got to say I'm loving how that Skeleton Leader is coming out. I love that model, it's so dynamic and the fact that it's one of the newer Skellies to be put out by Games Workshop lends hope to new Skeletons showing up on our battlefields soon@!

Also love that terrain that you're making, cannot wait to see the entire squad completed! Your Idoneth still going on alright?

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #357 on: June 24, 2018, 11:12:25 PM »
Heal quickly but don't take chances, especially if you're as hard headed as me. Be careful painting under the influence because black can become so many different pretty colors, haha! As for the work so far, supreme.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »
That terrain just pops! Looks great Loosh. I'll echo what Dread says and hope you take it slow with the recovery.

I know it will be painful for us waiting for more of your painting updates, but we'll survive knowing that you're on the road to recovery.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #359 on: June 25, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
Hope you feel better soon, tearing a tendon off sucks, my wife went through it with her ankle. The specialist warned that once its come off, it will be a bit easier to redo the same injury :( Find a good physio if you don't already have one, they'll help speed things along.

Terrain looks great, you could totally fill the holes in after the comp and rock it on a table.

How are you finding the citadel grip?