News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The subject of Dire Avenger.  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Iluvhir Strafermeyer

• Ambassador of Craftworld Beaujl'blef
  • Armies: Eldar
Re: The subject of Dire Avenger.
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 07:12:55 AM »
I have 2 full squads, 10 models from 3rd ed and 10 from the latest design (4th ed, I think).
Just checked GWs webstore and the DAs were right there for me.
It's true they've decreased the model count in the box to five (used to be 10), and that sucks of course,
but I'm gonna get myself a box nonetheless because I just feel like painting another unit of DAs.
So if you can't find them in the store, try looking again. :)
"Consider the battlefield: it is essentially a dawn in grim guise. It is a scenario in which darkness meets light and is annihilated by it.
Imagine that the enemy are the shadows lurking in the night - The arrival of our warhost is like the sun's light breaking the horizon. Let the Bladestorm expel the darkness."

Beaujl'blef Philosophy

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »
I think it's just a glitch.

I don't see them on the CWE page - and I don't see them if I search "Dire" but when pulling up "Avenger" they will show.

That being had, I have 5 and was not too impressed - I have proxied up to 20 to try and get a feel, but they were all on foot. Interested to see how a Biel Tan with Asurmen in a WS may be...
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 02:10:59 AM »
Big apologies I had no intention to lock the thread but I must have fat fingered on the phone. I'm sorry to all the people that tried to keep the discution going I done goof. *dogesa*

It's back you can keep going.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline bca11

« Reply #23 on: May 3, 2018, 09:06:54 PM »
I thought I'd chime in about what is my favorite troop option the Eldar have. Notwithstanding their super cool hats, I have used them for many years to great effect. They've had editions where the weren't all that great (cough cough 3rd cough cough), but once they finally received better range than guardians, their usefulness multiplied exponentially. This was especially true in editions with fixed AP, as heavy bolters would outright ignore guardian saves, but DA's could still make a full attempt.

While 8th edition has certainly opened up some solid options for guardians, especially with their improved BS and ability to get an invulnerable save via strategems, I still find dire avengers to be my bread and butter troop option. They can bring a solid weight of fire from outside rapid fire range and can really close the distance with their ability to advance and fire without penalty. The rending ability of the weapon also pairs well with doom, and I have slain numerous tough targets in a hail of shuriken fire thanks to this combo.

They truly shined in a league game I had the other day in which I claimed an objective in my opponents deployment zone on turn 5 from about 30" away, using matchless agility, quicken, and fire and fade to seal the win.