News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330851 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1780 on: April 7, 2018, 06:58:11 PM »
Well, I agree with the concensus, brilliant. I want that model so bad but just to pricy at the moment. So cool.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1781 on: April 9, 2018, 06:47:22 AM »
@Ynneadwraith- Hey bud thanks so much. Yeah its been an absolute blitz. I feel like I'm hobbying 24hrs now that I'm writing articles, podcast duties and various other hobby related things. As for the question as to do I sleep? I do... I just go to bed super early and wake up super early just so I can get everything done! Anyway thanks so much especially about the terrain. I appreciate it my man. Thanks!

@Myental- Computer Gaming? Blasphemy! lol Just kidding thats cool man. Thanks for stopping by all the same!

@Magenb- Hey bud thanks! Yeah I like how that gem came out too. Yeah it is a touch of white paint. If you are curious the inspiration as to how I've been doing my gems lately is the 'Eavy Metal paint job on Prince Y'riel and his big time spirit stone on his breastplate. Check that out... thats what I've been copying. Anyway thanks man I appreciate it!

@Dread- lol... I know Morathi is insane. If I could figure out a role for her in my Eldar or Dark Eldar she'd be mine. I'm gonna run the mini-medusa snake girls as Sslyth though. Its gonna happen! Thanks bud!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1782 on: April 9, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »
That's a great idea. Using the bits from the scourge for the guns and maybe harlis blades. Hmm!? Well now you got me thinking, grrr.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #1783 on: April 9, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »
Cav, I wonder if you could use her as a Yncarne stand in....

Also, question on the deathworld terrain box. Recently found it for sale, but it does not seem like in this edition it would do much game-wise other than make the board look pretty - am I missing something?

Also, gotta say I've been refreshing yall's page every day to see if there is another podcast up....

Been really enjoying reading your articles on <redacted> too. Love to see maybe some battle reports with the Kult of the Speed frea... er, Cult of the Red Grief
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 10:25:21 PM by faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run) »
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1784 on: April 10, 2018, 06:46:37 AM »
@Faitherun- Hey bud. Yeah I definitley thought about using her as a stand-in for the Y'ncarne. I actually thought about doing a conversion melding both models together... but my greenstuff skills are not up for the task. Definitley gonna keep thinking on it though. At least I can get some cool Sslyth or maybe count-as Incubi from the mini-Morathi.

About the terrain, yeah if I remember correctly it does give psykers a buff. The 8th ed. rules are actually included in the box which is a nice bonus.

About the next episode it should be up soon. Brian is back to work after his mini-paternity break so there is a bit of a delay because the episode required a bit more editing than usual. Its a good long one too so stay tuned. We'll be doing Wyches + Covens in one episode as well, then start diving into particular builds.

Also yes! You will most certainly be getting some Red Grief action soon! I'm desperately trying to get my battalion of warriors ready once they are my "Dark Lions of Asuryan" list will be complete! I'm actually doing a hobby article on FLG on revamping my DE so I hope you check it out. But a new article on the value of Dark Eldar warriors in building to battalion strength is coming up soon. I spent a long time on it so I hope you enjoy. I'm gonna be doing a series of DE stuff for quite awhile so stay tuned, I'm really excited about it. Anyway thanks bud! Stay tuned here and I'll provide some supplementary Splintermind content for you   ;D

EDIT: I forgot, I'm playing a game this Saturday. Red Grief will be feautred so stay tuned for the bat-rep!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:47:40 AM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1785 on: April 15, 2018, 02:36:54 AM »

Went back about 10 pages just to ogle at more of your work ;D. The corsairs look so good the way you converted most of it! They are sleek and vibrant, love how the red and white just pops out at you from all of that slick black.

Also, I also love your Dark Eldar from what I've seen of them. The shade of red you use is so lush and the gold complements them well. Really looking forward to seeing your Red Grief!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #1786 on: April 15, 2018, 01:00:07 PM »
Hey Cav, long time I haven't droped bye, great stuff, that serpent lady thing blew me away! It's insane. Not that anything else in your work can feel ashamed of being put on a table, but that piece really pops out!

I have a simple question regarding your rangers, how do you paint them, do you do a coatof black over the primer, or do you go straigh into the lining painting once it's been primed?

Looking forward to you next pieces :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1787 on: April 15, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »
@Myental- Hey bud thanks for going back in the archive. Really appreciate the kind words on the kitbash. It was a labor of love, but still a labor! Also thanks on the DE too... I love painting them and am in full revamp mode! I'm writing an article about the process from painting to lore etc which should be up on frontlinegaming.org this thursday. I'll give people a heads-up on it when it drops. As for the Reavers and Red Grief... well stay tuned cause I got a bat-rep coming soon. Here's a preview! Red Grief vs. Dark Hunters led by the Khan!

@Grizzlykin- GRIZZ! Hey bud thanks so much so glad to see you back. Thanks on Morathi what a model! So much fun to paint glad you like it. In regards to the Rangers... I actually have an in-depth article right here for you that I wrote:

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2018/03/26/quick-and-stylish-paint-it-black/

But in regards to your immediate question, I painted the highlights right on the primer. No need for the extra black. As you know I have an entire Eldar army all in black at this point and never needed to do an extra coat of black over. Just straight primer brother. Hope that helps. Thanks as always Grizz always love seeing you on the boards. Thanks!

@Everybody- Hey guys. In the brief interim between commission projects I've gone full hobby-blitz-mode painting up huge swathes of terrain and really diving into the revamp of my Drukhari. First priority was getting my Kabalites up to battalion strength I usually ran them as a minimum detachment in 6th and 7th.

Beyond stoked to get my Warriors back at the forefront of my army lists. Hands down, favorite models in the entire GW line.  If you guys are interest in how I painted up my Warriors and a little background info on my Warhost I'll have an article up on FLG later on this week.

Had to bite the bullet and re-equip my original kitbashed Archon. This guy is the second in command of my Lions of Asuryan. I have a version of him on Jetbike too with the lance.. but needed the original to get back into the fray for my new DE list. Real happy with how this came out. The spear can be a counts-as Blast Pistol and the Powerfist is typically meant to be an Agonizer.

Also to close out the first act of our campaign work continues to rumble on getting a truly robust set of wilderness terrain going. My brother and I are near the finish line. Some nice multi-level area terrain pieces are always nice on a wilderness board. And as my brother is always first to point out... you always need MORE TREES

So other than that... I do have more Reavers ready to join the ranks. Just got some bits to finish them up. A crap ton of more terrain, including some improvements to the Eldar ruins. Also recording Splintermind today where we will be covering Cults and Covens so stay tuned for that. Bat-rep in the pipe for you guys (forum exclusive) and a ton of other stuff. With Harlies around the corner I'm prepped for additional excitement... anyways guys got run and podcast. Talk soon and stay tuned!!!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1788 on: April 15, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »
really nice touches on the banner.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1789 on: April 15, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »
That's a really well designed and painted banner.  It is slightly reminiscent of the old Fire Dragon banners from the Rogue Trader days, back when every Eldar Aspect Warrior model had their own banner.

The terrain is excellent as always.  Those trees would work really well in an Age of Sigmar setting, as well as in 40K, so I really like their versatility.  The rocky outcrops look fantastic as well.  They would be a great place for snipers to lie in wait.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #1790 on: April 16, 2018, 07:40:32 AM »
I absolutely love that terrain! Any chance we can get a tutorial on building those rock bases?

That banner is also stunning and I really enjoyed the harlequin face on the kabalite warrior.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1791 on: April 16, 2018, 09:34:57 AM »
Those warriors are looking tip top Cav. The Archon is superb too. Lovely little details scattered throughout the unit that really elevate the whole thing to another level.

What I'm really loving in this update are the Forests though. I just dug mine out (Some repair needed, none of the foliage pieces have stayed in place!) and this will inspire me to retouch them and bring them up to your high standard.

Great update as always Cav!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1792 on: April 16, 2018, 01:18:58 PM »
Looking awesome as ever Cav :) so are Blast Pistols half-decent in this edition? I've got a bit of a thing for proper hand-cannon pistols like the Blast Pistol and Fusion Pistol.

Terrain's looking awesome too :) I've got some of those trees that need painting but my brush collection is heavily tailored to stuff on 25mm bases so it's taking a while!

Must have a crack at some of the foam rocks too. We've got load of that stuff left over from building projects :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1793 on: April 17, 2018, 06:15:46 AM »
@Magenb- Thanks bud! Was happy with how that came out. Really trying to do a bit more on that kinda stuff and learn how to do transfers as well. Thanks!

@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado really glad you like the banner. Also yes! The old RT banner were my inspiration! I actually have five of those banner guys painted to an AMAZING standard. I bought them second from my old gaming store back in Rhode Island where I used to live and they are incredible. I want more of that stuff back in the Eldar line. I’d love to have a banner bearer in every squad. Also thanks about the terrain… yeah it would work with AoS… a game I desperatley wish I had the money to get into… but perhaps in the future. Also yep the rocky outcropping were specifically designed to give multi-level terrain to shooting units when we play a pure wilderness themed board. Anyway thanks Irisado always enjoy reading your feedback. Thanks!

@Dog of War- Hey DoW. Yeah sure!  I can do a tutorial on that. It’d make a great article for FLG too. Thanks about the banner and the Harlie mask too. I’ve decided that with my Prince (Visarch model) having those Harlie masks on his belt, a Harlie jetbiker with my Wind Riders that I should go with that theme and sprinkle a few Harlie inspired kitbashes in there. Not sure if they are actual Harlequins or those are gifts from the Harlies to various members of my Warband…. Anyway thanks DoW. I’ll be sure to do a tutorial on the terrain. Its super easy!

@Looshkin- Hey Loosh thanks so much man. Really glad you like those guys… so much fun to work on. Favorite models hands down in GW line. So glad you dig the forests my brother is a MANIAC about them and has been banging on for ages to get them painted up better… but I gotta admit I’m glad we did it. They add so much to the board. I think we are gonna get some more in the future. Thanks as always Loosh I appreciate it!

@Ynneadwraith- Blast pistols are freaking awesome this edition. They are basically 6” dark lances. They are great for when you are going in for the kill on a gunline type army and you can shoot a Leman Russ or something before going into combat. They are also super deadly with Wyches being able to reliably lock stuff in combat you can shoot them right into characters you may not have been able to kill in combat. Deadly! Also yes… the foam rocks are a must. They are so easy to make. You can really blast through a ton of them in a small amount of time and they add so much. I think I’m gonna do an article on FLG about that at some point because everyone is talking about the need of terrain these days. Anyway thanks so much Ynnead, I’d love to see some awesome snowy crags with your excellent models. Thanks as always Ynnead looking forward to your next update!

@Everyone- Thanks for the awesome feedback guys I always appreciate it. I'll be back soon with some more updates. A mini bat-rep too but only because it was a short game. Anyway thanks guys and stay tuned. More DE and more terrain inbound!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1794 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:16 AM »
Hey guys so just wanted to share a few odds and ends with you. Some brief recaps but interesting nonetheless. These are some highlights from my first 2 games with my Drukhari outside of playtesting and both games were super fun for different reasons. Anyway enjoy guys!

Umbral Watchers- Alaitoc Battalion

Farseer- Guide, Executioner
Warlock- Conceal
Rangers x5
Rangers x5
Rangers x5
Dark Reapers x5
Wraithguard x5
Crimson Hunter Exarch
Crimson Hunter Exarch

Lions of Asuryan- Flayed Skull Battalion
Archon- Djinn Blade
Archon- Husk Blade
Incubi x5
Raider- Dark Lance
Warriors x5- Blaster
Warriors x5- Blaster
Warriors x5- Blaster
Venom- x2 Cannons
Venom- x2 Cannons

Lions of Asuryan- Red Grief Patrol
Succubus- Archite Glaive, Agonzier
Wyches x9- Agonizer, Blast Pistol, Shardnet Impaler
Raider- Dark Lance
Reavers x6- Agonizer, Blaster x2

Dark Hunters

Supreme Command
Khan- Moondraken
Librarian- Bike
Librarian- Bike
Chaplain- Bike
Captain- Jump Pack

Vanguard
Captain- Terminator Armor
Chaplain- Jump Pack
Company Veterans x8- Bikes, Thunderhammer, Stormshield
Vanguard Vets x8 (?)- Jump, Thunder hammer, Stormshield
Vanguard Vets x5- Chainsword, Pistol
Cataphractii Terminators x6- Lightning Claws

So it was a super brief game. Chris got Turn 1 and rode his bikes up and deepstruck a unit of Vanguard Vets on behind a big piece of LOS blocking terrain. He shot up a unit of Rangers, charged another one that I had placed to screen but was stuck there.

On my turn I unloaded on him, with the Dark Eldar Warriors and there Venoms just PUNISHING the Company Veterans on bikes killing like 5 of them, and then 3 more with the Dark Reapers. My Crimson Hunter Exarch shot up the squad of Vanguard Vets with pistols and swords, leaving only the Captain. Then came the REAVERS. Stars of the damn show. They killed the Librarian on a bike with their Blasters assaulted the Chaplain on a Bike (killing him) and also hit the Khan knocking up 3 wounds on him. I deepstruck the Wraithguard that turn as well and killed one of the other Librarians on a bike.

In Chris’ Turn 2 the Terminators dropped in and managed to assault the Wraithguard and kill them. His Captain with a jump pack assaulted my Crimson Hunter and knocked up a couple of wounds, but critically the Khan was slain by my Reavers!

IMG_8506 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr
Then in my Turn jumped all the way over the Terminators with the Reavers and killed his Terminator Captain with shooting and assault, and took out the Vanguard Vets with combined shooting. At this point we called it as he only had a Chaplain and some Terminators left.

It was a bit of a wonky game because Chris’ army was BEYOND elite, but these are the armies Chris likes to play. However he was open to a lot of advice from me on bulking out his army with some boots on the ground which he was really accepting of. I’ve been trying to get him to do that for years but he actually wanted the advice that time so it was great! Either way it was a fun fluffy match-up that made for some good grudge matches with the Khan and his White Scars successors battling their hated rivals the Drukhari!

SECOND Mini Bat-Rep!

Also I played another game last night against my buddy Rob! It was a bit of a late game for me… and I only play 40k in the morning usually so I decided to forgo pictures as I’d not seen Rob in a long time and I didn’t want to slow the pace so I didn’t get too tired (I get up super early in the morning).

Wow! This was my first time playing Death Guard and it was SUCH a fantastic game. One of the absolute best I’ve played in 8th edition… maybe one of my favorite games I’ve played (top 10?). He had a fantastic army with loads of characters. Lords, these guys with crazy flamers, a Daemon Prince, Bloat Drones and LOTS of Plague Marines.

I made some horrific choices in the game early on. I went second and lined up shots to tackle the Bload Drones with my Crimson Hunters but second guessed myself and went for the Rhinos to try and get at Characters and the Plague Marines so he couldn’t Rhino Rush me. BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG mistake. It would take my 6 turns to get those Bloat Drones out of my lines and it was one of the big mistakes that cost me the game.

Secondly and more massivley I forgot to save my 2 command points to Intercept his big unit of Obliterators supported by a Sorceror with my Dark Reapers and Farseer combo, even though he explicitly told me he was waiting to Deepstrike them. I got carried away pulling all manner of tricks with my post-FAQ boat load of command points. He then dropped those guys in and annihlated my Dark Reapers on Turn 3.

However… after those brutal mistakes I sort of woke up and started playing smart again and the game actually went till Turn 7. It was one of those games with a single objective in each deployment zone, and I kept pulling all these tricks to contest my objective and maintain linebreaker to force a tie. I would have tied the game at end of 5th and 6th but it went 7 turns and I lost when he killed my Warrior who was Objective Securing my home objective.

One of the highlights was my Archon with the Djinn Blade and Fame Savagery. He killed something like 12 Plague Marines before dying to an insane bombardment from the entire gunline. It was such a great outing for him. Wish he had lived just a bit longer because he was so close to getting Warlord himself!

It was such a great fun game. I WISH, WISH, WISH I had played more intelligently but oh well. It was my first time playing Deathguard and I didn’t realize some of their tricks or their wargear. Their flamers are insane. Something like 3 damage, AP-3 something like that… with variable strength? It was crazy. They took out one of my Crimson Hunters early with that and it really hurt.

But man what a fun game. I wish I hit Rob up earlier cause I’d not seen him for a few years and now he’s moving. He’s a great guy, super high energy, but chill at the same time and a GREAT 40k player. He really plays super unique armies but plays them extremely well. Can’t say enough about him. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to play him again.

Painting Article

Flickr

Also guys I wrote up a painting article over at FLG with a little bit of background on my army too. If you guys are interested do check out and drop me a line.

Here is the link: https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2018/04/20/new-codex-new-paint-jobs-revamping-my-dark-eldar-pt-1/

I’d love some feedback if you have any and hope you enjoy it! Anyway thanks guys take care and stay tuned!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:03:47 AM by Cavalier »

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1795 on: April 21, 2018, 10:50:29 AM »
Great Bat-Reps, Cav, especially against the Death Guard, would have loved to have seen some images of Rob's army. But no love lost ;D. Especially gladdened to hear of your Flayed Skull Archon's blaze of glory 8), twelve Plague marines before an entire gun line opened up on him? So True Kin! Did you end up taking the Flayed Skull relic? How did you like it? Your reavers seem to be raising hell in the same fashion too :).

I found your article very articulate, while also being that welcome kind of casual that welcomes readers to sit down and read awhile :). Just a question, have you tried using Reikland Fleshshade Gloss for your gold. GW made a paint tip video and state that it works very well with metallic because it keeps the sheen straight after the wash is applied. You might find it useful!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1796 on: April 22, 2018, 03:47:05 AM »
Great update Cav!

The BatReps were cool. I'm glad your first opponent is open to ideas because what you did to him over 2 turns...well I'm fairly certain that it's illegal in most civilised countries.

The 2nd report with the Death Guard was really interesting though. So nice to read about a Plague Marines army with actual plague marines in it! Most of the reports I read rely on a preponderance of Pox Walkers buffed to crazy levels...and the armies are kinda dull. This game sounded fantastic, with some really cool moments. Your Archon taking down 12 Marines? Bonkers!

I haven't managed to read your Frontline article yet; it's on the list of jobs for today. It looks great though. What did you use to create your Lions Of Asuryan 'poster'. I love that thing and would love to produce something similar when I start working on my Eldar again (It will happen, I promise!!).

Anyway, great stuff man! Keep it up!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1797 on: April 24, 2018, 03:47:13 AM »
Awesome stuff Cav :) great batreps!
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #1798 on: April 24, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »
Oh yeaaaaaaaah, nice bat repos Cav, it's an interesting format as it gives a really nice overview of the battle without taking too long to read.

The thing with that last post of yours, is defenetly that article! That's really nice to read. And it gave me an idea to use on my friends tyranides to get faster painting! So thanks about that. Looking forward to you next update as always, keep up the great work ^^
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1799 on: April 24, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »
@Myen Tal- Hey Myental thanks man! I actually ended up taking the Djinn Blade which was really powered me through that slaughter. I do wish I could take 2 relics on him because I wanted that back up for my Shadowfield! Yes my Reavers were very good in that first game, kinda of bad in the next but only because I had to throw them at things they were not suited for. I had Bloat Drones rampaging in my lines and the blasters failed to connect so had to just keep throwing things at them to keep me alive.

Also fascinating about the Reikland Gloss. I'll have to try that it sounds great! I'll be heading up to my gaming store next weekend so I'll pick some up then. Thanks for the tip and thanks for your feedback, its very much appreciated!

@Looshkin- Hey Loosh, damn thats funny man. Yeah it was a rough go of it for old Chris. I'm glad he's taking my advice though, cause he's a great guy and I want to see him win a game against me at some point. Though I'm certainly not gonna hand him anything! lol

Also yes! That game against Death Guard was SOOOO good. Rob is a great player and a very good guy. He never goes with the trends... I remember him giving me a whooping in 6th edition when Wave Serpents were all the rage.... Terminators in a Storm Raven and Sternguard in a Land Raider wrecked me day. That being said I was expecting Pox Walkers but nope, lots of Plague Marines and added a lot. I've found Plague Marines and Rubric Marines are really great if you treat them like elites. Take a unit or 2 full kitted out and then support them with Cultists or the like and you'll do good.

Also thanks about the article bud. Let me know what you think when you get a chance. Also about the poster I made, I just copy and pasted images from Gathering Storm II from a scan from the old High Elves army book. The trick was taking screenshots of the color plates of the Incubi, Warrior, Guardian etc. then I made transparencies of each image and just copied and pasted them in, and typed up my warhosts name in the old Warhammer 40k font. It was pretty easy. Anyway thanks man glad you liked that bit. Looking forward to seeing you do something similar... we need to see you painting Eldar! lol :D

@Grizzlykin- Hey Grizz! Thanks so much man. Glad you liked the more short form bat-rep. To be honest they are a lot easier to type and I feel like you still get some good info in there. Also thanks about the article! Yeah it'd work great on those Genestealers... some real timing saving tips in there. Glad it helps! Make sure to ask if you have any questions, always happy to help. Thanks Grizz!

@Everybody- Thanks for all the feedback guys. Got a game scheduled in 2 weeks... probably against Grey Knights, but possibly against Dark Eldar! So another bat-rep is inbound! Got some terrain updates for you too. Just one little bit of painting to do and I'll have that ready for you guys. My final unit of Warriors (for now) is almost finished and I got 2 Venoms coming in the mail, so stay tuned for that! Alright guys thanks again for the awesome feedback. Stay tuned!