News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Beasts of Chaos 2000  (Read 583 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Beasts of Chaos 2000
« on: September 22, 2018, 02:35:36 PM »
So, the new Beasts of Chaos Battletome is officially released, so I think it's time to finally get a list or two running on the forum! Before I detail the list, I do have a question about the rules in the Battletome. So, there are warscroll battalions specific to each Chaos God. There are also three Greatfrays that you can align your army with. Am I right in the assumption that you can take one of the Greatfray alignments on top of the God-Marked Battalions?

Just a note that I'm assuming that one choose an option from both. So here is my Phantasmagoria of Fate from the ranks of the Allherd! Each unit in the battalion being able to potentially unbind a spell sounds pretty amazing. Khorne was the second runner up, but I've decided on Tzeentch because I think that fits more along my play-style. Plus, Tzaangors ;D!

Also, receiving an extra Primordial Call point a turn is simply a great bonus from the allherd, let along their other special rules. I'll have one unit of Gors always hanging around the Herdstone for the purpose of sacrifice. Not sure what exactly I would want to summon though. Some Skyfires or more Enligtened in the late game sounds like an interesting option, plus they would be buffed by my Tzaangor Shaman provided that he is alive at that point. Also putting another Gorgon on the table as well would be pretty cool.

I decided on taking the Doomblast Dirgehorn to my horde a bit more durable, while the Herdstone will be doing the opposite to our enemies and making them more vulnerable. I also decided on the Ravening Direflock, just to fill out points and provide a solid bravery debuff.

Only thing I am not sure about is having the Gorgon in the list. Mainly because I am not sure if he fits thematically. But then again, all manner of beasts are attracted to the Herds, right? I could take a unit of Skyfires instead though, and they aren't affected by wound brackets.

Any advice would be appreciated ;D.

Greatfray:
Allherd   

Battalion:
Phantasmagoria of Fate   

1x Tzaangor Shaman
Command Trait: Dominator
Artefact: Blade of the Desecrator
1x Great Bray Shaman   
Artefact: Brayblast Trumpet
30x Tzaangors   
30x Gors
30x Gors
6x Tzaangor Enlighened on Discs
1x Gorgon

Endless Spells
Doomblast Dirgehorn
Ravenwing Direflock
Quicksilver swords
Soulsnare Shackles

Total: 1960
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:28:58 PM by Myen'Tal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!