News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330681 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1180 on: March 28, 2017, 09:41:12 PM »
Just noticed the back of your wave serpent, very nice touch there Cav.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1181 on: March 29, 2017, 07:41:20 AM »
@Ynneadwraith- Hey bud. Hope you enjoyed the trip to the glorious mainland. So jealous of you guys across the Atlantic... I'm dying to to make the trip to Europe and visit the motherland. Hahahah love the Cosmonaut reference... I know where you are coming from and I totally agree. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted on all future Ynarri insights and post up a bat-rep with my bro's remvamped army. He beat me to a pulp last time I played against his Knight and his flyer army. Anyway thanks man

@Dog of War- Yeah there is a BIG difference between the Sepia Wash, Agrax and Reikland. I do use all 3 but only for certain reasons. When I want a warm glowy gold like on my Eldar or these models its gotta be Reikland to give it that slightly magical look. Anyway glad to help DoW. Thanks for your feedback :)

@Magenb- You know me... know details left behind. Thanks bud  8)

Post Merge: March 30, 2017, 07:31:24 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:32:02 AM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1182 on: March 30, 2017, 07:43:28 AM »
Going back to the battle report, those Striking Scorpions certainly played a crucial role yet again.  They really do perform a crucial role in your army.  Congratulations on emerging victorious.

Great photos as always, especially the shot of the Dark Reapers.  They look truly imposing on that board and with that terrain.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1183 on: March 30, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
@Irisado- Hey thanks Irisado... yeah the Scorpions were excellent again. Its been such great fun running them in games... and they've just done so well, again and again. Thanks on the Reapers too... really want to convert up some using the Corsair kit eventually when I get some more EML's which should look really cool, I even have some cool heads picked out for them. Anyway thanks Irisado I appreciate it.

@Everybody- Hey guys just wanted to share the final touch-ups on that Triumvirate commission. Had to do the scrolls/purity seals... and I'm real happy with how they came out.

Anyways thats it for now guys... stay tuned got some cool stuff on the way

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1184 on: March 30, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »
Whoa Cavalier, Celestine and her buddies look absolutely fantastic. I don't know if it is just the uncluttered white background or the outstanding scroll work that you have done but there is something subtlety diferent bewtween this set of photo's and the first and whatever that difference is it has really lifted the overall look of these models.

Staggering work Cavalier.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1185 on: March 30, 2017, 05:43:45 PM »
God damn are they pretty models :) utterly stunning work Cav
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #1186 on: March 31, 2017, 06:25:51 AM »
Wow Cav, you've done such a great job on those models! The white actually looks better with a white background, you've done a great job with the shading there.
I love the details on the purity seals though my only thing is that they are all a bit clean for my liking, I've always liked purity seals to look like old bits of parchment but that's just a personal preference.
Great work!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1187 on: March 31, 2017, 06:51:43 AM »
@Alienscar- Thanks bud...yeah the white background really sort of shows off the white paint job giving it that ultra pure vibe (at least IMO). The scroll work really did do a lot for the model too... just gave it some detail that it otherwise lacked... and the brown and red of the scribbles on the scroll also seem to add to the white. Anyway thanks Alienscar really glad you like these guys. Real happy with how they came out, so its appreciated. Thanks buddy

@Ynneadwraith- Thanks bud, really appreciate the kind words. These models were tough to do and I wasn't satisfied at a certain point, but I'm glad I was able to bring them to a finish and be happy with them.

@Auric's Pride- Hey bro thanks man. Yeah I agree the white background does give that radiant vibe. Thanks on the shading too... thats always the toughest part of white. I try to keep not to touch even a single drop of paint anywhere on the model and just let the primer do its thing (especially army painter white... it has a thicker more plastic look to it). Yeah I agree on the purity seals... I always like that dirty ancient look, but I got to draw the line somewhere with this commission... the amount of freehand sort went over the line in terms of a simple TT+ job... technically it should cost more, but hey its Saint Celestine ya gotta go a little above and beyond. Anyway thanks bud really glad you like her and her girls  ;D

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1188 on: April 2, 2017, 07:53:02 AM »
Hey guys... like I said on FB... if a FW package in the mail doesn't bring a smile to your face nothing will. At long last its here... my Chaos Storm Eagle! Sorry I had to spoil it... its gonna take me awhile to get this thing assembled as I'm up to my eyeballs in commission stuff... so I did want to share with you guys long teased reveal.

This bad boy will be transporting 19 Khorne Berserkers + Kharn straight into the heart of battle. Can you believe this thing rocks in at only 5pts more than a Storm Raven? I couldn't... so I had to get it.

I've never seen this thing in games... and I remember recomending them to people after I got Imperial Armor apocalypse to get Chosen and Berserkers into combat waaaay back in 6th edition. Regardless of the edition change, I cannot see this thing going out of style.

I'm gonna have an Aegis with Comms. Relay to help guarantee to get into action too... so it should be epic. 

For those unfamiliar... this is what it looks like assembled and in glorious Imperial Fist colors.

Also... a little objective marker my brother made for me. I think this looks insanely cool. Hope to use this in games soon... Also will be able to blend this into terrain for my future Maiden World ruins/Corsair outpost board which I've long been planning.

Anyway guys small update. A lots been going on behind the scenes but hopefully I'll be back with bigger updates soon. Take care guys and talk soon.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #1189 on: April 2, 2017, 07:57:52 AM »
That's a great objective marker.  Is that cork which has been used on the base?

I'm looking forward to seeing the painted Chaos Storm Eagle.  Chaos corruption of Imperial vehicles is always a wonderful sight :D.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #1190 on: April 2, 2017, 10:10:52 AM »
I totally did not see that model coming. That is going to be a wicked combination. I simply love using Kharn. He's such a beast in combat and I love the miniature. He's going to be devastating with that transport.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1191 on: April 2, 2017, 02:10:41 PM »
Great updates Cav, sorry I haven't dropped by in a little while.

First up, the markings on the parchment on Celestine totally finish the model off. It would have looked weird without them; with them, you've nailed it and really brought the miniature to life. Also, thanks for the recipe on the Doves, I hope to get around to painting them later tonight.

I can't wait to see what you cook up with the Storm Eagle. I also like a nice, corrupted vehicle rocking out for Chaos.

Finally, that objective marker is great. A really characterful piece that will fit tremendously into a Maiden World board. Kudos to your Bro!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #1192 on: April 2, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
Damn I was wrong, definitely thought you were going to get a Kharybdis drop pod!
Love the storm eagle model though. I will warn you that like the fire raptor they can be pretty awful to put together. Make sure you have the stuff around to reset warped resin!
Can't wait to see what you do with it though  8)
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1193 on: April 3, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »
@Irisado- Thanks Irisado. Yep its cork alright... one of the best basing materials around. Thanks about the Storm Eagle too. It should be awesome to paint up... been looking forward to it for a long time. Thanks  :)

@Dog of War- Glad I was able to surprise you DoW. Like I said no one ever talks about this thing and its been out for a good long time. I feel like it'll be a great centerpiece to the collection and really allow Kharn and his Berserkers to really make a mark in each game. It should work great... Thanks bud.

@Looshkin- Hey bud no worries. Hope the technique with the Doves helps. Very simple I know... but sometime just knowing what paint a guy used can really help. Anyway thanks for the kind words on Celestine hope the client likes it too.

@Auric's Pride- Hey AP, yeah I'm sure people thought I was getting that Drop Pod. I thought about it but when I looked at the cost of the model, plus the dubious prospects of that Warhammer World exclusive formation surviving the edition change... I figured good old Storm Raven tactics with an expanded transport capacity will never go out of style. As far as assembly goes it looks really terrible... but oh well. Its a one time deal... so hopefully it'll go together easy. I've got a video tutorial thats already helped so. Keep your fingers crossed for me... and thanks bud, glad I was able to surprise you.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1194 on: April 4, 2017, 10:11:34 AM »
Hey, Cavalier!

Wow; what a journey that was. A visual feast from start to finish. You must have shares in GW and FW by now, mate. I read your wanting to make the trip to Europe one day. When My responsibilities at home have ended, I'll be headed over there. Have been thinking about organising a subscribers trip. Visit SEoSWGC and meet the Barker brothers. Will be yonks before I'm ready to go, but have been putting a lot of thought towards it.

Anyhoo, glad I finally found my way here. Will be uploading soon..... Cheers pointy ears!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1195 on: April 4, 2017, 02:10:14 PM »
Hey Saim-Dann, thanks so much for the really kind words. Thanks for taking the time to look through my log, anytime someone does, it always means a lot to me. Bro I would LOVE to go to England... sadly I mean a man of meager means... however I do plan on making the trip some day. James actually invited me to the channel for a bat-rep and he said I have a standing offer... it would be a dream come true.

I wish I did have a share in GW/FW stock... cause I'd use to to fund my trip! My goal is to save up my money and make the trip someday and meet those 2 legends. Hopefully in the next 2 years.

As for my collection... I have about 6000pts of Eldar and DE... about 1000pts of Dark Angels and about 700pts of Chaos... so not as much as others but definitely good enough for me. If I can get my DA and CSM all up to 1850-2000 pts I'd be thrilled. I'm then gonna go back and adding some super heavies to my Eldar. Thats the plan at least.

Anyway so glad you are on the forum bud. Always enjoyed chatting with you on SS82's page... looking forward to continuing the conversation here and rooting each other on. And as you always say... POINTY EARS FOREVER!  8)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1196 on: April 5, 2017, 08:04:57 AM »
Your right. it would be an honour. Matt Saxby has invited me for a spin round his table as well. As you say, won't be happening anytime soon. My responsibilities could end tomorrow or in another ten years, but the trip WILL happen. See you amongst the threads, Cavalier. 

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1197 on: April 5, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »
That objective marker looks really sweet! Compliments to your brother :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1198 on: April 9, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks bud! Yes its an ultimate hobby dream but it will happen  8)

@Ynneadwraith- Thanks bud. I'll make sure to pass it along to my bro!

@Everybody- Hey guys! Dang its been tough to rustle up some updates for you guys. I've been painfully unable to get time for my own models with all these comissions and just when I think I have some free time, an untimely interruption occurs. However that being said, here's what I've been working on!

Well my brother is actually the architect of this! He's gonna be assembling this beast and is off to a hot start. He's really a pro with this kind of thing and I'm really endebted. I'm gonna be painting up a bunch of scatter terrain to compensate him for his time. I'm soooo stoked for this. My friend Brian gave some intel on how his Storm Eagle has done for him in 30k and I'm beyond pumped!

Next up is my current commission. A small Thousand Sons army... only tabletop BASIC so its not too, too spiffy looking, but nice nonetheless.

Also snatched some time to work on my Reavers. Almost all the basic highlights are done on the squad. Just the net guy is unhighlighted... As you can see I was able to bring the Arena Champion's markings up to white which was nice. Hopefully I'll finish these guys this week.

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #1199 on: April 9, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »
That commission work on the Thousand Sons is superb.  I particularly like the pink fire look that the bases have.  I'm really impressed with how those have turned out.

The Reavers are well on their way to having that flowing and sleek appearance that you seem to achieve so effortlessly.  Great work :).