News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Scratch Built Nurgle Dreadnought WIP update  (Read 2618 times)

Offline undead pig

• Unless positive or constructive, don't post.
Scratch Built Nurgle Dreadnought WIP update
« on: July 27, 2011, 09:27:03 AM »
I have been working on this on and off and at the current speed of progress then I would never finish this thing because it still requires a lot of work. I thought that if I started a thread here then mabie it would encorage me to finish it. Because I have now finished school I will have more time on my hands so I am setting myself a completion date of two weeks without painting (probably completely wrong but, well, meh.). Here it is so far:

Update:

Is it just me or does it look a bit too tall? if so should I chop it on the upper or lower leg?

Thanks
undead pig
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:53:44 AM by undead pig »

Offline Faeluchu

• Let the sunshine in!
  • Armies: Yme-Loc Eldar
Re: Scratch Built Nurgle Dreadnought WIP update
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »
Definitely too tall - this pic may give you some better understanding as to how tall they actually are (because AFAIK Chaos dreadnoughts are roughly the same height): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KBj3Hj4Z4zk/S9B9imj66CI/AAAAAAAAAv8/Q0xqXmYmxII/s1600/28dread.JPG ; dreadnoughts usually have short, even stubby legs and what you have here looks rather like a Sentinel/War Walker ;-)

Apart from that all the damage, decay and overall filthiness looks very 'Nurglish', keep it up - I especially like the face, waiting to see what kind of rotting modifications would his weapons have :-D .
"Tylko jeśli szybowałeś przez niebo na skrzydłach z ognia możesz zrozumieć Jastrzębia"

BYB is too close to BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze) which is how I started gaming anyways. The proper way.

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »
end of the day it'll be slightly taller than the defiler-to-dread conversion i made.  while larger than normal, i never ran into anyone unwilling to play against it and had no issues using it in any tournaments.  I say go for it, so long as you're okay with taking a small amount of "I can see you" extra fire.

as for the project, go for it! two weeks!  looks like you have most of the structure done.  the rest can go pretty fast, especially if you have a lot of bitz; just plop down in front of the tv and start mashing green stuff together :)
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline undead pig

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Thank for the replys! I have come to the conclution that It will be taller than usual but I am going to chop it down a bit. The tv distracts me so I just listen to music. I started the arms after these pics and are designed to be interchangeable.

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »
That is some nice greenstuff skill, looking great sofar.
my greenstuff always sticks to everything but the model ::)
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline undead pig

Re: Scratch Built Nurgle Dreadnought WIP update 29/07/2011
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 06:51:29 AM »
Thought I would update as I had a run in with a scalpol and everything is turning red but I managed to keep it off the model...

firstly one almost finished shoulder and one barely finished one, also displaying the first part of the close combat weapon:

Next the front of a leg with new armour plate:

A bad quality picture of nurgle stuff living behind the armour: