Forum > Painting

Need Help Night Lords Paint scheme

(1/3) > >>

Natakue:
I am starting a night lords army and I want a different color scheme then the normal dark blue. I don't want to do the lighting as well,my first Idea was to do greens but then I thought that it would look to much like the death guard. So now I have no clue. Any ideas? I'm doing a vampire theme army and was looking into new ideas. Thanks for any help.

Natakue

Slann:
I saw some cool necrons once, they were painted black then highlighted with blues on the most outstanding areas and then coated with a blue ink wash, looked pretty cool.

Raven:
Your main problem is that they're going to need to be predominantly blue to fulfill the fussy GW dogma.

You can vary away a lot, but still need a lot of dark blue.

Why not try something akin to the crimson fists?

Brother Asreus:
Mix some black into the Regal Blue as well as blue ink (hella dark) to give it a dark blue semi shiny colour. This way it satisfies dogma and gives them a unique colour. From there you can highlight again with a lighter shade of blue for the extreme highlights.

Hellboy:
i had the exact same problem when i started my night lords. unfortunately you cant use other colours because that would be like changing the colours on an army cap badge (which would be classed as heresy in the british army!).

so what i done was used an old pot of regal blue (im not sure if they still do this colour) and mixed in a bit of black to make it darker, i kept the gold and gave it a very thin coat of flesh wash and wiped away the excess.

if you wint them to look even darker then you can buy a really fine tipped marker pen and go round where the gold touches the blue.

to highlight i used ice blue.

hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page