News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Arrival of Cadian Command #6  (Read 5034 times)

Offline CadianCommand#6

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
The Arrival of Cadian Command #6
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:26:03 PM »
Cadian Command #6 here with my first Project blog dedicated to all the loyal sons and daughters of the Emperor! Though my brother, admittedly Xenos scum, was first to post some photos of my Imperial Guard host I wanted to provide an update as I understand there was some interest in my progress. Here are some of the things I recently finished and am currently working on. Death to the heretics! Long live the Emperor! Cadian Command #6 Over and Out!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: The Arrival of Cadian Command #6
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 06:57:17 PM »
Hello and welcome Cadian Command #6!  I'm really happy to see another IG commander join the site.  Especially one with an army as awesomely presented as yours!  I especially like your Ogyrn squad.  The paint job you did on them is sick, and they aren't used too often either so kudos for having them.  The Vulture is pretty sweat too.  I hope you'll stick around and present us with more updates on your army!  :)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 08:06:02 PM »
Welcome back Cadian Command #6. Where have you been for the last five years? As this is your blog would you mind giving us a few more details about your IG? Have you got any fluff for your army? What are you working on at the moment?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 07:06:04 AM »
You...fiend! How dare you trespass on these sacred forums. There isn't room on here for the both of us. We'll have to settle this on the tabletop brother! This means war!!!

Anyway great stuff bro even though I see it every flipping day! For all those who don't know Cadian Command#6 is my brother and the owner of a fantastic IG army. Please stay tuned for his updates he's been hard at work on an incredible array of models, many of them Forge World units. His army is truly becoming legendary.

Anyway thanks for sharing dudes, its looking great!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »
Wow those ogryn are next level, absolutely fabulous -- really looking forward to seeing more!

The level of extra love and detail blows these guys out of the water, I feel inspired to go and spread some paint on my crusty old veterans now too.

Give us more!

Cheers
Ibushi
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 03:19:10 PM »
I LOVE that Vulture. Very, very cool. Keep up the good work!

Offline Ebon Star

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 06:15:13 AM »
Old fashioned metal Ogryns. Seeing those just about made my morning.

Offline CadianCommand#6

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
The Arrival of Cadian Command #6
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 08:06:56 PM »
Cadian Command #6 here, to Tangi, Ibushi, Ebon Star, and Wydrr thanks for the kind words. To Alienscar, where have I been for the past 5 years you ask? I have been defending the Cadian gate from the forces of Chaos! "Cadian Command #6 was sent to a distant planet near to the Eye of Terror to recover an ancient relic of unknown origin. Upon our arrival we lost all off world communication, our search for the relic took years, and cost many lives, yet we live and die for the emperor and would not return without completing our mission. We were not alone in our search for the lost artifact, it seems that Eldar Corsairs were also seeking the relic, many skirmishes and clashes ensued. Yet finally the relic was located and a grand war for the relic began. The Imperial forces and The Eldar Corsairs battled tooth and nail to a near stalemate, the relic changed hands several times, yet ultimately was seized upon by the Eldar and brought into the Webway. It was a glorious defeat for Cadian Command #6 and those who stood upon the wall of martyrs knee deep in blood knew that they had failed. The relic was lost and yet long after the smoke cleared and the slain were laid to rest, the xenos remained, for what reason we knew not. The Corsairs having won their objective, but remembering the fierce battle we brought them, and losses suffered, they gave us a wide birth, yet still tarried, why? That this world had at one time felt the taint, and evil, of Chaos was apparent from their many ruined shrines, yet none of the fallen had been seen, nor rumor of their passage felt. Some secret lay upon the barren world shrouding the planet in mystery, yet the nature of that mystery eludes us still we feel it in our bones. Some evil remains, and while we live and breath we will fight for the Emperor to purge it." As for the things I am working on well...
The campaign I described above rolls on and an upcoming battle report will explain the episodic progress there.
I recently purchased a number of hostile environment guardsmen to represent my veteran company command battalion, aka the "red shoulders", aka BB, or "Blood Sucker Battallion". Ring any bells guys. That's right you can just call Cadian Command #6 Chirico! So I am working on three veteran squads of which I showed one picture in my last post. I am also working on the Plasmacutioner, the Vulture, and assembling a host of Reviler Space Marines. Below are my Company Command Squad from the Blood Sucker Batallion featuring none other than Cadian Command #6 himself (The One with The Red Shoulder and Red Cape). Also depicted is the first completely painted unit I ever finished, I still have some rouge trader ratlings to add to the squad. Hope you guys enjoy this project blog, be seeing you. Death to the heretics! Long live the Emperor! Cadian Command #6 Over and Out!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 04:48:56 AM »
Nice to see you, Cadian Command.
I love the freehands you did on your ogryns, that looks very promising for the rest of your force! Also, those casualties... are they on the base of an imperial knight?
would love to see more - especially your fully painted command squad!

check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 06:50:58 PM »
Well it surely is a pleasure to finally meet you my dear ...  Let me first warn you, you stepped in the wwrongzone of space... Human are not welcomed in this part of the systeme. Here the eldar prevail and shall prevail for ever, may we inflict tourment and death to you and your pathetic subordinate. You shall die a death without honor betrayed by your own brother tainted by chaos. And we shall be here to see you fall. Enjoying your agony. 

Did that sound villain enought?  ok never mind the random talk that I wanted to say for the fun of it>< Welcome to the forum, we've seen so much of you yet so few, I am certainly looking forward to see more. 
By any chance could you do a full army pick with some close up to see more specific unit, it will set the tone for the work you are going to bring next. 
Those ogrim is it what they are called?  look pretty damn cool and one things for sure your comand squad or god knows what it is i'm sadly really bad with other race than eldar, certainly look imposing, let me see if they keep that aspect as you paint them further ^^ 

Please enjoy your time here and Nice to meet you. 

Ah and don't let that weird intro trouble you it was just for the fun, i'm a pretty nice guy once you know me :)

Ps i beslubbered up and deleted my previous comment so here it is back up.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 11:50:22 AM »
Thats it Grizz tell this Imperial Dog how we Eldar roll! lol

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
I could speak for my main army... but then I'd just hiss, maybe screech, and try to recreate the sound of flak armour being munched on...
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »
Haha wow those ratling snipers are straight-up incredible, nice work there!

If I could make a humble request, I would love to hear what the Cadian Command #6 is running on the tabletop these days, and see some Cavalier-style army wide shots if possible. Also from a gaming perspective I really am not that familiar with IG (AM now I suppose) anymore -- they used to be one of my worst matchups and really terrifying back in the leafblower days (and before!), but these days you would have to walk me through how the army works again. Obviously its "stand & shoot -- blast the foul xenos from this planet!" for the most part, but i mean in terms of tactics and synergy.

And of course looking forward to seeing what else you're working on!

Cheers
Ibushi
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »
To Alienscar, where have I been for the past 5 years you ask? I have been defending the Cadian gate from the forces of Chaos! It was a glorious defeat for Cadian Command #6 and those who stood upon the wall of martyrs knee deep in blood knew that they had failed.

Nice, I thought you were going to say that real life had taken you away from this forum.

Ring any bells guys. That's right you can just call Cadian Command #6 Chirico!

Didn't ring any bells with me but a quick Google shows that you would appear to be a fan of the VOTOMS anime or maybe just the Last Red Shoulder episode of that series.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline CadianCommand#6

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Hot off the Vox: Cadian Command #6 Update
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:55 AM »
Cadian Command #6 here with an update for all of you out there who are hungry for some Imperial Guard Goodness! To begin, here are some rough in progress shots of my veteran core which I am in the process of painting. This was a day I batch painted 25 of the 35 veterans which make up my Blood-Sucker Battalion. My Blood-Sucker Battalion or Veteran Core is made of 3 Veteran Squads each with 3 Plasma Vets and a Vox Caster, and a Company Command Squad lead by my company commander and warlord, Cadian Command #6, accompanied by 3 Plasma Vets and a Vox Caster. I will be posting progress on B.B. as it develops.

Here are shots of two veteran squads which are nearly fully painted which are a part of my Blood-Sucker Battalion.

Here are some group shots of my mostly finished collection not all my models are present and not all are fully painted. This is an attempt at answering (INSERT NAME)'s request. Sorry my photo skills aren't better next time I think I will get Cavalier on the scene to help take some wide shots. Also I am re-writing my list right now so once I do that I will take a few pictures of my complete list. Anyways here it is, in and behind the wall of martyrs is my Infantry Platoon which consists of two 10 man squads of guardsmen each with a vox-caster. In the Infantry Platoon Command squad is a Platoon Commander with a Power Fist, a Medic, a Vox Caster, and 2 Plasma Vets. Out in front of the wall are my 5 ratlings (I have a few more rouge trader ratlings in progress). Behind the wall to the left is my Leman Russ Squadron lead by Knight Commander Pask who rides in the Punisher with hull mounted heavy bolter, and two sponson heavy bolters. Riding beside him is the Plasmacutioner with hull mounted plasma cannon, and two sponson plasma cannons, and a Battle Tank with hull mounted lascannon, and two sponson multimeltas. Behind them are Gecko Squadron, two Armoured Sentinels mounted with plasma cannons. Flying over head is my Vendetta armed with 3 twinlinked lascannons, and two heavy bolters. In the backfield are REX unit, my basilisk battery armed with heavy bolters. Positioned just in front of REX unit is Manticore, Tyrant with hull mounted heavy bolter. Next to my Platoon Command Squad and in front of my Tyrant is three Wyrdvane Psykers which I have been using as Primaris Psykers. Behind them I have two FireBall Chimera's which are armed with turret and hull mounted heavy flamers, one is completely painted by my bro Cavalier and the other is in progress by yours truly. Not pictured here I also typically use my Vulture armed with twinlinked Punisher Cannons.  So that right there is most of my collection which I use. I also will do some posts soon about my Imperial Knight Paladin which is a fairly recent addition to my list, and my Blood Sucker Battalion which are pictured above.

Here is a smoking hot close up of a sergeant painted by Cavalier.

Vonny thanks! Yeah I felt like those Ogryns needed something to take them over the top, with such large models there is room to do a little free hand and I'm glad I took the risk I'm pretty pleased with how they came out.

Grizzlykin, and all Xenos scum!!! You can make your claim upon any world or system you like for a day, and you can feign lordship and play at war. Yet there will come a day when the Emperor's Gaze will fall upon you fully, then either at the hands of the  Emperor's Children, or by order of Exterminatus will you come to realize your folly and doom. (See the base of my Veteran Below!)

Griz thanks for welcoming me properly! Hope you enjoyed my rant, I think the game can't have enough fluffy banter its one of my favorite aspects to the game!!

Here are some shots from a hilltop ruin that I'm making. Its my first time making a piece so large and complex but its one my favorite homemade pieces. It has developed over a long time and is nearly complete. Making terrain is one of my favorite parts of the hobby and I one day hope to have a board as incredible as Scorpion 82!

Here are sniper perches which I'm particularly fond of.

If you can believe it here are the after shots.

Aerial Shot

Here is an "in progress" Leman Russ on the road that winds up the back side of the hill.

Here are some progress shots of a piece I began yesterday in the middle of this writing this post. I started it on a whim at a suggestion from my bro and then 3 hours later I had one of my NEW favorite pieces almost rivaling my ruined hill.

Details revealing the sign of the enemy.

Aerial Shot.

And finally here are a couple of a Servo Skull I made from a standard pole. Just a cool bit until I figured out what they can do I plan on including them in a future list.

I hope you all enjoyed the update, as I said before I will update next with a 1850 list review, where I can talk a little bit about the way I play my I.G. Thanks guys, be seeing you. be seeing you. Death to the heretics! Long live the Emperor! Cadian Command #6 Over and Out!

Offline Ebon Star

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Hot off the Vox: Cadian Command #6 Update
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 09:22:47 AM »
Blood-Sucker Battalion.

Now I'm thinking they're actually Vampire Guardsmen. They don't sparkle right?  8)

Offline CadianCommand#6

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 11:50:39 AM »
Ebon Star,
No they aren't truly vampires, such aberration would have to be purged by the flames of the Imperium. May the God-Emperor forgive you for speaking thusly.
-CC#6

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »
Looking good!  8)

These guardsmen look like how I'm playing to paint my scions.  The black clad Jakals.  So naturally I love them!  ;D

Offline CadianCommand#6

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 02:32:58 PM »
Tangi,
Thanks, actually before I made these guys my veterans, and before the Scions came out these black jackals WERE my scions. I plan on getting Taurox for my veterans and run my Fireball Chimeras for my regular platoon.
-CC#6

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
Ah I see!  That makes sense.  Nice paint job on them anyway.   :)