News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: POC: Saim-Hann --- The Wild Host  (Read 108470 times)

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: POC: Saim-Hann --- The Wild Host
« Reply #840 on: June 14, 2013, 03:42:54 PM »
So I have a new list ready for this weekend, Saim Hann all the way.
Autarch on jetbike, fusion gun and laser lance,
 Farseer on jetbike, Runes of witnessing
4 warlocks on bikes to put in bike squads
4x jetbikes w/2 shur cannons
2x crimson hunters w/exarch and night vision
prism w/stones and shur cannon
night spinner w/stones and shur cannon
falcon w/star cannons, shur cannon, stones
6 spears w/exarch, star lance, hit and run
10 banshees w/exarch, executioner, fear mounted on serpent TL Star cannons, shur cannon, stones, vectored engines

equals 1998 pts.

Now my main question is, If the farseer or warlocks move regular they can use their psychic powers, but what if they turbo? Can they still use them?

I will try to do a battle report on the game and let y'all know how it goes.

And I wonder why they skipped over Nadue Fireheart, think that's his name,again

Casting powers and turbo-boosting has been different since the beginning of 6th (and more forgiving as a result). Check the rules for blessings, and turbo-boosting and you will find your answer.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #841 on: June 16, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »
Thanks Ninja. Got it
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2013, 03:10:45 PM »
Well, it looks like the end of July I will be making the trip to go get my army.

So a quick list without too much info added:
Autarch on bike
Autarch on bike with stuff

Two squads of six bikes two with cannons.

Three squadrons of three vypers, one squadron will have EMLs, the others not decided yet, but most likely star cannons.

Three falcons with scatter lasers and cannon upgrade, each carrying six dire avengers.

Of course, with all the new toys, I may have to trade in a squadron of vypers for a fighter jet, but that remains to be seen.

As the time grows closer I will fill out the kit details as I re-inventory the army to see what I have. (if memory serves, about 10K+ points of painted models)

Since it seems the new meta is 1999 or less armies, I will have to figure out new lists.

I will be watching other members of this sage POC to find out what is working and what is not.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
« Reply #843 on: July 7, 2013, 10:36:31 AM »

Just finished a game ywesterday. Here are my thoughts on the lists and the game ...

A homage to Mushlek - 1500 - 1750
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
« Reply #844 on: July 8, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
So my fellow wild riders, Ive got a bit of a problem.

I have a 1250pts tourney coming up in October, 8 games over 3 days. and am having trouble finishing off a list.

Ive started with a core that looks like this:
Farseer, bike, mantle, spear
2x6 jetbike units, 2x cannons
Fire Prism OR Night spinner

Ive played around points wise with vypers, more tanks, less tanks, extra troops, spears, flyers the works. (the elite section just does not interest me, unless i was going to blow massive points on a spirit seer and 5 wraith guard/blades in a serpent.) and i cannot decide on what i should take.

Currently i see it as having not enough armor. Ive played around trying to fit in 2 serpents with 10 guardians in each (ive had 3 games with the new dex, and this unit has SHINED!) but again, am just at a wall.

It really comes down to me just hating to build lists at this size.... 1500+ is my usual game size, (2000 my prefered) maybe im just in the wrong mind set for the size? trying to fit enough toys in, but anyways, any ideas? suggestions to try? thoughts or comments?(ive got/can get most other models before than, its why im writing lists now for it as my budget can be tight and i have to plan fairly far ahead.)
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Shad

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #845 on: July 8, 2013, 11:02:22 AM »
Huh, transports? You have one of the best troop choices in the game, why transports?
Farseer, 18-21 windrider jetbikes, 2 Night Spinners/Prisms, 3 War Walkers (lances or scatter + starcannon) ~1000 pts. Add a flyer, vypers or warp spiders as you prefer, or a Wraith knight for more oomph. Probably how I would do that given the models.

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
« Reply #846 on: July 8, 2013, 12:15:11 PM »
The transports are for the extra power the serpent has on the field at the moment more than anything (that and i have 3 of them sitting around right now, no need to buy anything)

the walkers are a no go, as i dont have any, and am trying to keep it themed to full wild riders/tanks if i can, with only spiders spears and maybe hawks as aspects for it (otherwise id be tempted for some reapers) Want to be able to keep the army all moving at the same pace basically.

My problem is if i take 1 tank, i really need 3 in the list for saturation. Otherwise its going to be hit very early on and focused down rather quickly.

Ive got 12 bikes in the list, have another 6 more in bad shape i could fix up if need be. i have 5 vipers with magnitized weps im playing with, but unsure of at the moment for the points. (i thought about nothing but bikes and vipers, maybe a prism and spinner if i can fit them...) and maybe a flyer for AA cover. but then i really want a bike autarch in the list for the rerolls.

As you can see, this is why i hate smaller points, i find it to hard to choose between toys.... lol
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Shad

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #847 on: July 12, 2013, 04:49:34 AM »
Shooting unit does't have to move '30 inches, and walkers are as mobile, if not more so, than vypers. It was important in 5th to move '24, but now vehicles do not deny objectives, so it does't matter if your firing platform can go flat out or not. You don't even need to hunt for rear armor, because volume of S6-7 shots will bring down anything with armor 12 or lower anyway, even shooting into front armor.
"Target saturation" is a meh concept, I don't understand it. Say if you take tank, walkers and wraithlord - here you have it, even without taking 3 tanks. Also, Nightspinners can fire without LOS.
Shining Spears are still very situational and expensive for what they do.
If you have vypers and flyer then maybe you can get lances from there, and take Nightspinners and jetbikes as your infantry killers.
Autarch does not give re-rolls, he modifies the roll.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:40:48 AM by Shad »