News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Mick288

• Armies: Blood Angels
Hello Everyone!
« on: May 1, 2012, 11:31:12 AM »
As the title says, "Hello Everyone!"
My names Mike, I'm 22 and I've recently started collecting Blood Angels after 7 years away from the hobby.

Back then i collected Dark Angels as i loved their grim history and the fact they were actively hunting 'Fallen Angels' and i have contemplated creating a 'Fallen Angels' army but i decided against it for now and so here i am, starting my Blood Angels army!

Im looking to build a decent sized force that i can use in both friendly (is there such a thing?) and competitive games and have it flexible enough so that i can create tailored lists to suit particular tactics and enemies.

So! Last weekend i purchased a tactical squad and an assault squad (both currently WIP) and I'm also stripping the paint from the Dark Angels i could salvage (Younger brother :/)which is going to provide me with another 10 Tac troops, 5 assault marines, 2 heavy bolters, 1 plasma cannon, a Chaplain and a Librarian!

Im currently contemplating my next purchase and im thinking about either the BA Battleforce to add some bulk to my army OR some razorbacks, Death Company or Dreadnoughts!

Cheers, Mike.

Offline KJQ

• Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »
I don't play Blood Angels so I don't have a lot of advice but I recommend that your first vehicle be a Stormraven. IMHO it's the best marine variant vehicle in the game.
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. " - Albert Einstein

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2012, 08:03:07 AM »
Welcome to the site, glad to have another Blood Angels brother on board.

You've got a good base for your amy, I'd recommend transports and toys next :D

Assault marines are fine to either drop in or run around with their pack but your tactical marines are going to need some kind of vehicle to give them a bit of mobility.
Traditionally this is either a rhino or a razorback, both are good choices depending on your desire to combat squad or not.
Luckily you dont have to decide before you buy as the razorback kit comes with all the parts to make it either a rhino or a razorback and costs the same price ??? How is this you ask? I've no idea.
Basicly the difference between the two is the top hatch which is either a flat hatch of a hatch with a turrent, just be sure not to glue either in place and you can then swap between them between battles depending on what you want to take.

Dreadnought are really cool models and are very flavourful for the BA, if you pick one up it might also be worth picking up a drop pod to get it to battle quickly and this pod could also be used for one of your tac squad if you don't take the dread in a game.

Other good toys that you can't go wrong with would be assault terminators, predators of either type or a beastly special character like mephiston or the sanguinor.

One thing I noticed in your list of models was a lack of Sanguinary priests, these are what make the BA's better in combat and more survivable than other marines and you will really want at least one.

Good luck, any questions just ask :)

Offline Mick288

• Armies: Blood Angels
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »
Yeah i'm looking to get some Sanguinary Priests shortly, but i'm unsure on, A-Which miniatures to use and, B-What to kit them out with!

I had a Twin Las Razorback for one of my DA combat squads but my little brother wrecked it and i have no idea where it is now! So i shall definitely be getting a few Razors given they're fast, are a moving wall and have some decent fire power! But again, im unsure on what to kit them out with!

Offline Two Hawks

• Eldar "The Race" to be
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »
Welcome back to the hobby and 40k Online.
Don't hesitate to ask questions in the appropriate places.
"Insignificant are other races to thy ELDAR"

Offline elpana01

• Eldar FTW
  • Armies: Eldar & Space Wolves
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
Hi Mike,

Be sure to try out the Furiosos.  It's mind boggling how a unit with 3 attacks ends killing 6-8 things every turn  :o

Offline Crispy86

• Ork Boy
  • Time to feast!
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Marines(Nurgle), Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »
I don't collect blood angels, but came up against 3 separate lists at a tournament recently and found the army which featured almost exclusively marines with jet packs and priests to be the hardest to kill and the most mobile/tactically flexible.

One opponent used this list to daisy chain it around the board edge in a capture table quarters mission. At any one time he had 2 squads in a table quarter.. My dread mob just couldn't catch them and he won with 3 quarters to one.

Crispy
Crispy86