News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bols: the Lion  (Read 2297 times)

Offline kim

Bols: the Lion
« on: April 16, 2019, 05:28:33 AM »
Bell of Lost souls is out with a rumor: https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/04/40k-rumors-the-lion-is-coming-with-a-shocking-foe.html

Basically: The rumor is about "the Lion" coming in a new limited time box, with an imperial opponent.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Bols: the Lion
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
Never trust anything you read on bell of lost souls, it's nothing but clickbait. I put no stock in rumours that come out of that website. Same with spikeybits.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:01 AM »
BoLS also thought that the Lion was arriving in 2017
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline kim

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:33:40 AM »
BoLS also thought that the Lion was arriving in 2017
Yea, this rumor is a bit over interpreted by BoLS, the words "the Lion" probably would mean either a box of Fallen or proper Dark Angels versus some other Imperials, like inquisition or something like it, not a primarch.

But who knows, it might be some plan to a certain number of primarchs, alternating between good and evil. Wery important to get it to make sense, and not saturate the marked. I think triumvirate boxes would make more sense than a versus box, but I also see happy noobs painting Lion El'Johnson, akin to the Age of Sigmar boxes...

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »
Bell of lost souls will write anything, just to get clicks for advertisements. Nothing you read there can be considered reputable in any capacity.

There will be more duel faction box sets for sure, as they are great for GW, and the consumer, but you don't need bell of lost souls to tell you that.

They also wouldn't ever put a primarch in a duel army box, like shadowspear or tooth and claw. They'd be seperate releases to diversify sales. Case in point, shadowspear and Abbadon.

There could be a tie-in with a simultaneous primarch release, but I am very skeptical we'll see more loyalist primarchs.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 04:42:56 PM »
There could be a tie-in with a simultaneous primarch release, but I am very skeptical we'll see more loyalist primarchs.
I'm curious why you are skeptical that we'll see more loyalist primarchs?  Of the 9, only two are confirmed dead (Ferrus and Sanguinius), and one is speculated to have died (Dorn).  The others all have the potential to come back, and I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch to see them being brought back.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 05:45:30 PM »
I'm curious why you are skeptical that we'll see more loyalist primarchs?  Of the 9, only two are confirmed dead (Ferrus and Sanguinius), and one is speculated to have died (Dorn).  The others all have the potential to come back, and I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch to see them being brought back.

I just think that with chaos primarchs, we know they are out there and are mucking around. It's not a huge stretch to see them in 40k.

Loyalist primarchs are more or a big deal, due to how missing they are. We'll never see a party of loyalist vs imperial primarchs, and if any others come back, it'll be a very big deal.

I think GW wants to emphasize the hopelessness of the imperial situation, and will not bring out primarchs as that goes against that feeling.

This is my feelings on the matter. I could very well be wrong, and we'll see a new loyalist primarch every year, but my gut says we'll see two more chaos primarchs before that happens.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 06:00:35 PM »
I just think that with chaos primarchs, we know they are out there and are mucking around. It's not a huge stretch to see them in 40k.

Sure they are floating around, but if GW was interested in keep the game closely related to the fluff, then they would only be an APOC thing. Given GW has no such goal, I don't think it is a stretch to see all the primarchs rolled out eventually, even if they have to roll out a v2 codex..

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:52:12 PM »
even if they have to roll out a v2 codex..
Chaos 2.0 makes me think that this is a very real possibility.  With them adding units and updating rules in campaign books, I don't think it's too far of a stretch to see GW bringing back the loyalists.

In fact, I think this...
emphasize the hopelessness of the imperial situation, and will not bring out primarchs as that goes against that feeling.
... is exactly the reason why GW would bring back the loyalists.  The Lion sleeps deep within the Rock, waiting to be awakened  when he is truly needed.  Russ left, saying he would return for the Wolftime.  Khan, Corax, Vulkan, and Dorn (depending on if they say he actually died or not) all have the potential to make a come back as well.

So, if they want to emphasize the desperate position the Imperium is in, then bringing back heroes that said they would be like Obi-Wan Kenobi and return in its most desperate hour makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:53:36 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline kim

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »
https://spikeybits.com/2019/04/rumors-primarch-lion-eljonson-a-new-40k-starter-set.html

New rumor on the "rumor". The new one say the Box contains a new Dark Angels primaris leader. If true, Im assuming an DA primaris made someone guess it is a Primarch without knowing what it is. Imho, this makes it more beliveable, and also: it's not a primarch if this is true.

• Ancient
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 10:34:22 AM »
Every duel faction box comes with a unique/new HQ model for both forces, so this isn't really a huge stretch to say the next will have the same ha ha. I'll bet we'll start seeing these sets to tie in with the next campaign book series. Like how Wake the Dead and Tooth and Claw were lead-ups to Vigilus: Defiant.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria