News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Custom IG - Warlord Titan (6-23)  (Read 54355 times)

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
Re: Custom IG - Warlord Titan (6-1)
« Reply #280 on: June 3, 2011, 03:01:07 AM »
Wow! Just Wow...

Been following this expectantly and can't wait to see it finished and painted!!!!

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline Marlec

• "The Post Reader"
« Reply #281 on: June 3, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
Holy....

I'm not familiar with GW's buildings sets... from which sets did you take the parts for details for the top part of your Titan?

I already said this a lot but... dam! great job! great project! keep it up, but don't forget us with pictures!

Thanks!

Marlec

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #282 on: June 4, 2011, 12:55:08 AM »
I'm not familiar with GW's buildings sets... from which sets did you take the parts for details for the top part of your Titan?

It appears to be mainly from the Manufactorum City ruin kit.

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
« Reply #283 on: June 6, 2011, 01:43:36 PM »
Robo is correct. All my building bits are from the manufactorum kit. I just sawed off most of the details from the wall pieces.

So I think I have it scheduled out. I will give myself to the first week of Augest to finish making the model. 9 weeks from now if anyone is counting then. I figure around 2 weeks of painting per part: legs, torso, arms/weapons to put me at around the end of September. Then I will have a month to do last minute things.

Last minute things will be superdetailing parts of the model like proper shading of windows, detailing out the Command and control room and painting the crew. As of right now if i don't get to the crew I can leave them out of the model for tanksgiving and there won't be anything obviously missing. If they are there, bonus.

Other things on the last minute list will be the damage control peg board. If all else fails I can photo copy the apoc data sheet and write on it for damage. And lighting will be the absolute last thing to do as it will prob take the most time to do correctly. It might be a retrofit for the next year. If I did the lights I would try to do a series of dip switches to signal damage done to the titan basically replacing the peg board.

Next thing on the to do list is the Hood/neck armor for the cockpit and with some luck detailing out the rest of the front of the titan and small side walls on the upper super structure. There should be a decent update near the end of this week with some decent photos.

Offline Juroda

• You don't play ping-pong; Ping-pong plays YOU!!!
« Reply #284 on: June 11, 2011, 10:02:57 AM »
I meant LED, sorry. Stupid iPod Touch Autocorrect...
What do you mean TANKSgiving? Apoc Game? If there is a deadline, then by all means skip out on the LED for now. That would be a good idea too; use LEDs for damage markers, once you get around to it...

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
« Reply #285 on: June 11, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »
Tanksgiving is a huge apoc event held the same week as thanksgiving in the US. Most LGS and GW stores have an event where you bring anything and everything that has an AV. Normally you can only bring infantry if they are inside armor at the start of the game. I do have pictures of the hood but its not quite done yet mainly due to the type of construction in doing for it. I have to wait and let the glue dry between stages so I have only done a little bit per day. I should have enough to show either tomorrow or Monday.

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
Re: Custom IG - Warlord Titan (6-23)
« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »
Ok 1 week... 2 weeks. Oh well here it is I have warhammer quest to blame. Had to build and paint a wizard, imperial noble and a few others.

The base of the armor.

The armored helm.

The socket.

Ok the reason why I built a socket so I can 'plug' it in after I start painting it. If I glue it on now I will never be able to paint the top of the cockpit. Now I can paint it top then glue on the piece after in the same place all set up.