News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Primaris marines fluff.  (Read 1695 times)

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
  • Stop looking at my AVATAR, read what i did write!!
Primaris marines fluff.
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »
Can somebody point me to the best sources of Primaris Marine fluff.

I have an Idea in mind for brining a bit of chaos into my Lamenters.

So Horus goes to chaos. The Emperor sees this, Already has a collection of Horus gene seed and doesn't want to destroy it all. The event's of the future are unknown.

In order to test this geneseed and see if there is an inherent flaw, The emperor renames the Geneseed to Sanguinius stock and hides it for future testing.

Events happen and the stock goes unknown even to Cawl.

Cawl makes up his Primaris marines, The sanguine stock he is working with seems to have multiple types and one in particular is noticeably different still brutal in combat but without the effects of the black rage. Cawl assumes this is some pre-cursor to the Lamenter geneseed the only other sanguine chapter who have had black rage suppression to varying degrees.

So we end up with Luna Wolves in the Lamenters, And they probably already feel the pull of Chaos. The Lamenters who already sided with Chaos once by mistake and are riddled with poor judgement and bad luck now have been handed yet another catch 22.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:35:42 AM by nesbitt_bub1 »

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: Primaris marines fluff.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:03:58 AM »
That's not entirely impossible, if a bit contrived. Not sure why they would feel a pull to Chaos just because of their geneseed, though.

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
  • Stop looking at my AVATAR, read what i did write!!
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2017, 05:36:52 AM »
I'm more wanting the fluff sources so I can cross reference. The new books don't have a lot in the way of background in them so I think I'll be needing to pick up whatever novel has the primaris origin story in it.

And Tzeench well he likes the long game.

I'm not sure about the pull to chaos thing either, But it would fit with the Lamenters.

Once I get to grips with the story I'll be able to make a call on how I want the marines to look and pan out.

The current blockwork for the Primaris in the army is putting them in a near penitant crusade scheme anyway. It might need a little more grey and a little less white but I'm pretty happy with how the blockwork is looking.

« Last Edit: July 1, 2017, 05:43:52 AM by nesbitt_bub1 »

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2017, 07:31:08 AM »
Nice paint scheme, looks cool. :)

Unfortunately, at the moment, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of fluff on them. :/

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: July 1, 2017, 07:35:32 AM »
The main thing, is that Primaris Marines are about twelve minutes old at this point. They are still marines, so they can probably be corrupted in the same way as Mk9 and older marines, but that still is a very situational process.

I don't doubt we'll see Chaos Primaris marines at some point, but I think it's a bit early for them to be doing a foot-heel turn.

I'd also wager that the Badab War wasn't a war between chaos and imperials, it was more of a misunderstanding in force.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: July 3, 2017, 11:35:24 AM »
I was just thinking: The timeline for the Indomitus Crusade seems to be going into 100.M42 (so about a hundred years into the future). You could argue that they became corrupted sometime during the Indomitus Crusade, if you want a more fluff-friendly army.

Of course, at the end of the day, do what feels the most fun or interesting.