News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Tourney/all comers  (Read 499 times)

Offline Velox Letum

• "Swift Annihilation,the only way to show mercy"
1500 Tourney/all comers
« on: June 5, 2008, 11:29:47 AM »
HQ
DEVILTYRANT=121
DEVILTYRANT=121

ELITE
3xDEVILWAR=105   
3xDEVILWAR=105
3xDEVILWAR=105

TROOP
8xGenestealer=128
8xGenestealer=128
8xGenestealer=128
22xspinegaunt=110
22xspinegaunt=110

HEAVY
DEVILFEX=114
DEVILFEX=114
2xZOAN(wb)=110

TOTAL=1499

Built this army mainly around the 5ED rumors as well, 4+ cover save from intervening units will help warriors and genestealers so much that i did see a need to add carpase to them.

Everything shooty can also hold its own reasonable well in combat, s5 warriors, 4 mc's as well as a healthy amount of stealers and spinegaunts.

I do think my troops are kind of weak for tyranids anyways only takes 15 stealers and 24 gaunts to die then they aren't scoring. But i don't really see where i could scrape anymore points from.

Also i was wondering if anyone has fielded a list like this using hormogaunts and raveners, it would seem like their superior charge range would be perfect after shooting up a unit with some devourers. Dono mabe not running the numbers hormo's don't seem extremely  strong against marines hiting on 4+ and wounding on 5+ isn't my cup of tea.

My local gaming club has quite a few marine players then everything else is rather mix matched. This list seems like it would preform well against just about everything except lots of armor.

One thing i was debating was droping the zoans and 1 spinegaunt and picking up another devilfex.

But any ideas /improvements to the list would be greatly appreciated.

-Velox Letum

Just remember imitation is the highest form of flattery

Offline coredump

Re: 1500 Tourney/all comers
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »
Definitely give one of your tyrants wings. And probably warp field. ( I assume the 121 includes +BS and +Str)

Warriors are usually better off in larger broods. Combine them into a 4 and a 5.
Also, they tend to do better with deathspitters, especially if you are looking towards 5E.

I do think my troops are kind of weak for tyranids anyways only takes 15 stealers and 24 gaunts to die then they aren't scoring.
You mentioned 5E; so troops are scoring until the last man.

In the past the sun moved around the Earth.
This is fifth edition! You are wrong, your opponent is right.
-Finoro
Glancing hits suck my face off now
-YuenglingDragon
RAI is used by people who want rules to mean what they want it to instead of what it says in the book.
RAW is used by people who want rules to mean what they want it to instead of what it says in the book.
-Hymirl

Offline Velox Letum

• "Swift Annihilation,the only way to show mercy"
Re: 1500 Tourney/all comers
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »
Yes tyrants do have +bs and +s

Troops scoring until destroyed should help.

Well if i combine my warriors into larger broods then it would only take 5 kills to make them nonscoring as opposed to the 6 its takes with the 3/3 layout. Mainly i like the ability to split the firepower up aswell. Squads of 3 get 2.25 MEQ kills and 5.33 GEQ kills, i've run broods of 8 before and found them to just be overkill against GEQ armies, was pretty nice however to kill 6 marines per turn with em.

Even in 5th i dont see deathspitters getting near comparable to a TLDev.

TLDev =4shots, 75% hit, 75% wound 33.3% kill so .75 vs MEQ
TLDEA =1shot,about 75% hit again, 83.3% wound 33.3% kill so .21 vs MEQ

Now on average i notice blasts to get 1.5 hits (always 1 or 2, unless you just poped a transport) so deathspitter probably pulls about .31 MEQ kills per shot.

My warriors run 35 points each, letting a friend barrow my dex so he can get acquainted  with nids or i'd probably crunch the price for a deathspitter war.

Any idea what effect twinlink will do on blasts come 5th? all i've herd is they autohit/scatter d6-bs.

I do think i was pretty generous with 75% hit for a deathspitter now that i think about it, assume anything scattering more than 2'' off target is liable to be a miss. Say bs3, so 6's. So scatter dice is 33% hit, 66% scatter 83% scatter is still hit so the actual hit rate would be 88.88% hm not shabby.

New number crunch for deathspitter

TLDEA =1shot,about 75% hit again, 83.3% wound 33.3% kill so .25 vs MEQ
figure 1.5 hits so .38 meq kills

Yeah seems the TLDev still outshines a deathspitter even 5th ed, deathspitters would be great if they were assault X, or at least usable.

Just remember imitation is the highest form of flattery