News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Realspace Raiders and Iyaden meet to make something beautiful.... I hope  (Read 2274 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
So, this is my first attempt at a list merging the New DE dex with the Iyaden supplement at the 2k level.

Real Space Raiders
140 Archon with WWP, Armor of Misery, Agoniser, and Haywire grenades
55 Venom

135 10 wyches with a Hextrick sporting an Agoniser
55 Raider

70 Raider with a Night Shield

155 Razorwing with SC and Night Shield

120 5 Scourges with 4 HWB
140 5 Scourges with 4 Blasters

Iyaden Support
140 2 Spirit Seers

160 5 Wraithguard
160 5 Wraithblade

185 Hemlock

260 Wraithknight with Scatter Laser and Starcannon

Tactics
Starting on the board will be the Wyches in their raider, along with the two solo raiders and the Wraithguard and Wraithblades.

Wraiths will mount up into their raiders turn one.
Hunt from shadows plus Night Shileds will afford these units a 4+ cover save - 3+ with Jink

The spiritseers will join the Archon on his personal venom - in reserves.
Their job is two fold.
1) They are to drop in and allow the Armor of Misery+Psychic Shriek power to drop some models
2) to drop a spirit mark or two for the Wraiths

The wyches job is to draw fire and allow the wraithblades to hit a good target - or to tie up enemy shooting platform/death star. Basically they are here to tarpit and to die.

Razorwings deal with enemy flyers, while the Hemlock does its fun LD stuff while hitting heavy infantry/vehilces.

And the WraithKnight drops in enemy back field to lay down some heavy fire.

Thoughts?
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Starrok

• Emerhelp - IT Outsourcing
  • Armies: Eldar + Dark Eldar allies
Re: Realspace Raiders and Iyaden meet to make something beautiful.... I hope
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
Thoughts?

Looks rather solid.

Except that instead of a wraithknight (A weird wargear for him by the way, you know that he can't shoot more than two weapons a phase, right?) I'd probably take a standard (Scatter + holo-fields) serpent for each wraithpack. Will give your army some shooty potential it needs, and take the fire away from your boats with CC units. Also finding some points for Night Shields on a raider with wyches may be helpful.

Teach yourself to be the light amongst the dark;
Stream as a river by the groaning dusts...

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »
Thoughts?

Looks rather solid.

Except that instead of a wraithknight (A weird wargear for him by the way, you know that he can't shoot more than two weapons a phase, right?) I'd probably take a standard (Scatter + holo-fields) serpent for each wraithpack. Will give your army some shooty potential it needs, and take the fire away from your boats with CC units. Also finding some points for Night Shields on a raider with wyches may be helpful.

I want my wraiths in raiders.

Reason? The boats are open topped. This means I can move and shoot with them, or move, disembark and assault. Turn 1 embark and move 30 inches up the field. Turn two, can move 12, disembark, and shoot all guns or move 6 and shoot or move 12 and snap shot all. Lots of options there.

The wraithknight I forgot he had the heavy d-cannons... hmm, may need to rethink him. Perhaps swap him out for some ravagers? Or just run him naked - frees up 40 points for me which would go to NS for wyches raider... Chuck a blast pistol on the Archon and perhaps use the last few points to put advanced sails on the wraiths raiders to get them even better positioned. Sails let me do a nice 36 inches up the board - giving me a turn two threat range of 60 with shooting and 52-66 with charging.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Starrok

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 05:17:54 AM »
I want my wraiths in raiders.

I am not saying that you should put the wraiths in serpents. Obviously they must ride in Raiders, especially the Wraithblades. But both of them can still take dedicated serpents, that may start separately. Think of it as two additional serpent slots, and it's a good idea to use them.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
Hmmm...

I don't have anything that would really want to ride in them though.

Tbh - two of them would cost the same (10 pts less) then the Wraithknight... Don't know which is better.

The serpents can put out more firepower in terms of number of shots - and they seem more survivable - but they can not go into CC... which I do love... But firepower could be useful too...

So, revised list:

Real Space Raiders
135 Archon with WWP, Armor of Misery, and an Agoniser
55 Venom

135 10 wyches with a Hextrick sporting an Agoniser
70 Raider with NS

120 5 Scourges with 4 HWB
140 5 Scourges with 4 Blasters

Iyaden Support
140 2 Spirit Seers

160 5 Wraithguard
125 Waveserpent with Scater Laser and StarCannon

160 5 Wraithblade

185 Hemlock

I think that works a little better. More firepower and can use serpents as screens for my assault boats.

Thanks for the input
Flawless logic.

Offline Starrok

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »
I don't have anything that would really want to ride in them though.

You don't need to put anything in the serpents - they are a self-sufficient machine gun platform, best in the game.

This is an impossible combo, since the Serpent turret can only be a twin-linked weapon of one type, and the bottom catapult exchanges only into a shuriken cannon.
Regardless, you really should stick to the most effective combo, checked by generations of players - Scatter Laser\ Holo-fields. Very good save from jink or from being behind ruins, and maximum twin-linked anti-infantry firepower.

Screening your boats is also unneccessary - their firepower is neglectible anyway, and they can safely jink into a much better save. Unless it's some random lonely shot that you want to take on a 4+.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 06:46:22 PM »
Ah - I've never played Eldar before, so am not as familiar with their rules. Only started seriously looking at them once the and DE became battle brothers.

So that frees up a few points which would just be me changing the Archon to a Huskblade and Soul Trap
Flawless logic.