News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Online retailers - warnings and praise  (Read 47211 times)

Offline Holier than thou

• Praise the Emperor (or he'll kick your *%#).
  • Armies: Grey Knights (since 2006, not a band-wagon jumper)
Re: Online retailers - warnings and praise
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »
Has anyone had any problems with Wayland Games recently? I've ordered from them a few times and my orders have always arrived in a couple of days however I placed a pretty big order (over £250) near the start of February and it still says 'processing' in my order status. The payment has gone out of my bank so I'm starting to get a bit concerned.

Repent and ye shall be forgiven.
Sin again and, verily, I shall bring the hurt!

Offline Reepy

• Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Angels
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »
I've waited for more than two-three weeks. You won't lose your money - don't worry about that. But some of the items may not arrive and they will refund their cost.

I'm really disappointed with them recently. My last few orders took a while and they couldn't provide some or all of the items. Their availability approximations have been very poor from what I've experienced. Try buying only stuff that are in stock at the moment. That's what I do.

Offline Holier than thou

• Praise the Emperor (or he'll kick your *%#).
  • Armies: Grey Knights (since 2006, not a band-wagon jumper)
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
Yeah, everything I ordered had the green light meaning it had high availability and should have shipped between 1 & 5 working days. I'm a bit disappointed to hear you've had problems too as they had been very reliable up until now.

Repent and ye shall be forgiven.
Sin again and, verily, I shall bring the hurt!

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2013, 11:41:58 AM »
nugaming.com dissapeared???

Offline small_furry_spider

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • www.small.furryspider.com
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
nugaming.com dissapeared???

I think they went years ago. I used to use them before he sold the business.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #125 on: December 7, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
I can recommend Element Games based near Stockport (UK) www.elementgames.co.uk
Ordered a Storm Wing at 14:50 on Friday and it arrived 12:30 today. 15-20% off 40K and £2.95 postage. So £70.95 for an £85 item. Nice web site as well with clear stock indicators.
Personally I thought the packaging was a bit flimsy. The box was a very thin gauge and there wasn't any protection on the sides or bottom of the box. Everything arrived in one piece though so can't really complain.
Quote referral code CLW856 when you order and you get double Element Crystals and I will get some as well. Crystals being there customer loyalty scheme.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2013, 06:45:17 AM »
Not sure if it was worth the effort but I have updated the table for this thread. Can a Moderator please update the first post in this thread with the information as I can't do it myself?

NameRatingWill ship toOther notes
Chaos Mail Order+3US only, located in the US40K can only be ordered by phone/fax – no pictures of 40K
Chaos Orc’s Superstore+4/-2worldwide, located in the US
HobbyShopen+2Worldwide, located in Sweden
www.hobbyworkshop.c om+1seems to have gone missing, malware warning
http://www.scifigenre.com+5/-1Worldwide, located in the USNow called Atomic Empire so should probably be deleted from this list
The Warstore.com+5/-1Worldwide, but US-preferred, located in the US40K can only be ordered by phone/fax – 20% discount
WargamesWorkshop+2Worldwide, located in the UK
www.maelstromgames. co.uk/+5/-1Worldwide, located in the UKShop no longer exists, advertises Reaper models
Great Canadian Miniatures+2Worldwide, located CanadaEmail for 40K availability list – no pictures of 40K
bruces_collectables+1Worldwide, located in USEbay Store. Doesn’t always stock 40K
http://www.superherogameland.com/+2Worldwide, located in USAddress defaults to TCA coffee now
Tellurian Games+1Worldwide, located in Germany
Battlewagon Bits+2Worldwide, located in USStopped trading
Simple Miniature Games+1Worldwide, located in UKWholesale/Trade only
Blackdagger Games+2Worldwide, located in USEbay Shop – Bits supplier mostly
The Players Cove+1Worldwide, located in USOnline shop no longer exists – moved to Facebook
Cheap Joe’s Art Stuff+1Worldwide, located in USArt Supplies only
Bitzbox+1Worldwide, located in UK
Pig Iron productions+1Worldwide, located in UK28 – 30mm models, non-40K
CCG Armory+1Worldwide, located in USNo Longer Exists
Impact! Miniatures+1Worldwide, located in UKPewter miniatures for sports related games
4Tk Gaming+1Worldwide, located in UK4TK Gaming – Club and store
Epicast-1Worldwide, located in USManufacturer of bases and terrain
Wayland Games+3/-1Worldwide, located in the UK
Rattlehead Games+1Worldwide, located in USTabletop games and gaming supplies – non-40K
GiftsforGeeks+4/-2Worldwide, located in the UK
Hoard O’ Bits+2/-1Worldwide, located in USBitz supplier
Spikey Bits+1Worldwide, located in the USBlog only now
Triple Helix +2Worldwide, located in the UK
Element games+1Worldwide, located in UK

« Last Edit: November 9, 2015, 12:19:56 PM by Alienscar »
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2013, 07:05:44 AM »
Thanks Alienscar.  Updates are always helpful.

I've put a link to your post at the top of the opening post in the thread.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2013, 12:08:04 PM »
Replaced the front table so everyone is on the same page, as it were.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »
Good call.  Nobody has any excuse for not reading up-to-date information at either end of the thread now.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »
I can just about recommend Triple Helix Wargames who are a UK company based in Westbury, Wiltshire Triple Helix Wargames Get Discount on All Your Warhammer, Flames of War and Many

Ordered the Tyranids Codex at 15:.30pm on Weds 22nd Jan and it arrived 10:00am today (28th Jan). 25% off and £2.99 postage. So I paid £25.49 for what is normally £30. No stock indicators on their website so I recommend emailing for the availability of your required item first. I was very pleased with the way the Codex had been wrapped up as well as it came in a really protective wrap around cardboard cover that effectively covered the Codex in two layers of cardboard.

I was looking for the cheapest online price I could find for the Tryanids Codex (excluding eBay) and decided that the normal 15-20% wasn’t good enough when taking postage into account. So I thought I would try THW based on the +1 in the Trader table and registered on their website. Well next time I tried to logon I had forgotten my password and sent off for a password reset.

2 days later I got a reply and a link. The link didn’t work so I sent off again. 2 days go by again until another link is sent. This one also doesn’t work and I also notice that the links to “unsubscribe” and “view this in your browser” do not work. I email them again and don’t hear anything back for 8 days.

Once that was sorted I emailed regarding stock of the Tyranids Codex. 2 days later they informed me that they didn’t have any in stock (this was the 22nd Jan, just over a week since its release).

On a positive note I received acknowledgement of my order by 08:57 on the 23rd even though I placed my order 15:30 on the 22nd.

Confusingly the emails from THW said that if I were to order the Codex that they would request one from Games Workshop on Mon (27th Jan) and ship it on Thurs (30th Jan) yet I have received it today. I will probably use them again to see how it goes without the confusion of resetting my password.

PS: Surely I can’t be the only person ordering stuff online. How are the rest of you getting your 40K stuff? If you post your experiences here I will do my best to keep the Trader table up to date.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:09:05 AM by Alienscar »

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
I order via Ebay, primarily concerned with price. I've rarely had an issue, but there isn't one particular seller I buy from so I can't exactly recommend anything other than the site itself.

As a general rule, the most expensive models are the painted ones followed by (oddly enough) the ones still in the boxes. The cheapest stuff is the already assembled but unpainted models and the piles of miscellaneous bits. I *very much* recommend the piles of miscellaneous bits if you can spy a couple useful objects in the pile. I've built entire tactical squads out of piles of bits alone. I've also found Ebay to be the easiest place to get specific bits, though usually at a hefty premium.

Final Ebay note: buying whole, painted armies there is a real possibility and you can often get them at extreme discounts. Some are even quite nice looking, though the drawback is simply that you don't really get to pick what you get. For those of you painting-averse, it's a nice way to start the hobby.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:01:25 AM by Wyddr »

Offline Tinybrain

Blue Table Painting and metal minis?
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »
It seems that Blue Table Painting doesn't know how to ship metal minis... Is that a thing people knew, or something other people have experienced as well?

I recently bought a bunch of stuff from them, and was pleased with everything else. The painting was just what I expected, and the minis made of plastic arrived safely (which was most of them).

The metal minis though... Not so much. They were wrapped in a single layer of tissue paper and all put in the same bag, so they were allowed to chew on each other during their ride over. Small dings over all of them, so they're all missing some part of their paint job (which I really like!) and some weapons were bent. This was particularly odd given that the plastic minis were wrapped in bubble wrap, and if the metal minis had gotten the same treatment they would have arrived safely.

I sent them an email about it, and got no response (weeks ago now).

So yes... I'm posting here some as a warning, some out of curiosity, and some in a passive-aggressive snit.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2014, 07:28:57 AM »
So sounds like you like you are happy with the majority of your order from BTP then. From what I remember of metal minitiatures yours may have been bent before they were sent to you as even some new metal models weren't perfect straight out of the box. Saying that I guess if you are paying for someone to paint your models it's reasonable to assume that the company would straighten your models before painting them.

Do you want me to put BTP down as -1 in the trader table?

Offline Ambience 327

« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2014, 09:28:37 AM »
I had a very positive experience with Hoard O Bits. They shipped everything I ordered, and all bits arrived intact and well packed. I will definitely be dealing with them again!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »
I had a very positive experience with Hoard O Bits. They shipped everything I ordered, and all bits arrived intact and well packed. I will definitely be dealing with them again!

+1 to this. Hoard O' Bits is great. I've had numerous positive experiences with them over the years.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
Hoard o' Bits updated, now +2. I'm glad of this actually as I have been wondering about ordering a heavy bolter from them.

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #137 on: July 6, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »
Dark Sphere (Dark Sphere) give great discounts (25%!) in the UK.  Whilst last time I ordered it took a while to come, they did keep me in the loop and I wasn't in a rush so it didn't matter :P  So definitely a plus from me! Note that this was a while ago before they stopped then restarted their deliveries (it went to shop pick up only for a while).  I'm not sure why that happened but it may have been whilst GW was changing how GW dealt with Independent Retailers (i.e. they now have to have an actual store I think...). 

Let the Dice Decide (Let The Dice Decide) is great for bitz in the UK.  I ordered some Heavy Flamers from the Sternguard box when it came out (plus a few other bits) and they came promptly.  This was also a while ago.  They rarely restock but seem to buy the new stuff occasionally, so look keep an eye out in with every release. 

They will have less popular bitz for a long time, these usually include Bolters, Chainswords, Shoulder Pads and Heads, which means you can cheaply grab a few from different boxes to help make each model unique without having to buy the whole chapter specific box.  E.g. Black Templars have lots of cool chain bits on their Bolters and Chainswords, and there are still 18 Terminator Shoulder Pads left if you wanted to field a bunch of Templar Terminators using either unbound or Deathwing rules. 
« Last Edit: July 6, 2014, 08:03:24 PM by Fio'la Slick Samos »
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #138 on: April 5, 2015, 06:08:58 PM »
I can recommend Element Games based near Stockport (UK)
Personally I thought the packaging was a bit flimsy. The box was a very thin gauge and there wasn't any protection on the sides or bottom of the box.

Hmm just received my Angel Giraldez painting masterclass book from Element Games. Whilst I have been more than happy with how they dealt with my order once again they used some of the thinnest cardboard I have ever seen for their packaging. This time there was a slight crease on the book I had ordered so if you order from them bear this in mind.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #139 on: July 6, 2015, 09:32:46 AM »
I just called TheWarStore.com Home Page this was the conversation:

"Hey, it's [my name], is this Neil?"

"Yup!"

"Awesome, good lookin' out.  You still in New York?  I'm waiting on some paychecks before I order anything, I just wanted to call you up before I made a recommendation on this website."

The War Store is great, it's delightful to talk to The Guy Himself that runs the company every time.  I do not see the crazy 60% off discounts I saw about ten years ago when I bought Wraithguard, there is a 5% + 5% off Summer sale right now, though.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.