News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Based on history and rumours - eldar host  (Read 1130 times)

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
Based on history and rumours - eldar host
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:25:08 PM »
ha, with the new codex now leaked what would your host be?

Mine will change only very slightly. I will lose the Avatar, at least it looks like that.

my centre will still be 2xAvengers supported by Guardians with platform.
on the flank will still be bikes but there will be less as I will no longer need 6 min but 4-5 will be enough.
Hawks will increase to 8 men, spiders stay the same.
Banshees will make a return and work with W-Blades again.

What dou you know that will happen to your list?
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Re: Based on history and rumours - eldar host
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:06:46 PM »
I think it will be the same list basically. The difference would be taking the aspect warriors as formations. I still haven't seen anything regarding the rangers or the reapers.
What I probably won't do is go out and buy wraiths nor jetbikes. They were not appealing to me before, and with the new found hatred for them, due to rulebuffs, it will be even worse.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »
Not entirely sure as the rumor mill is still a bit too salty for my taste, not to mention the bad taste in my mouth from needing to buy another codex and having the Iyanden book relegated to the bookshelf of unuse.

Nevertheless I'm totally going to find and dust off the old Falcons (unit of three Deepstriking sounds really nice to me), and I'm hoping to put the Banshees back on the table.  In fact I may even dust off Guardians or Storm Guardians since something is going to be in those Falcons, yeah returning to 3rd Ed roots! (Hrm, maybe not, haven't heard any rumors about Guardians going back to a min squad size of 5).

Not sure if I'm going to remodel the Jets though, tempted, but I also like the idea of having ablative wounds for heavy weapons.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »
We have been rather lenient on the wish-listing discussion, but that does not mean we are going to condone people constructing lists based on leaked information.

If you want to have this conversation, wait until the codex has been officially released on the 25th.

*click*
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...