News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Names  (Read 961 times)

Offline acdb

• T'Ark'An'Ni Ak'Kan
Names
« on: January 8, 2003, 06:16:30 PM »
I am writing about the Rhana Dandra (the final battle in which all Eldar be they Dark, Harlequins, Exodites or just Eldar will unite for a final battle against Chaos)!

I need some names for my story!
Tszark"Man"nak'kan ik kannainss'sdeg'Kan'Ni

Supposedly Lord Blood Mage's stripper/personal guard, unavoidable distraction that causes you death in many ways.

But actually the Goddess of Death and Sadness.

Long Live C'Nesha

T'Ark'An'Ni Ak'Kan - acdb - me

My trusty steed: A wonderful creature I picked up that can change into anything.

Offline Heimdallion

Re:Names
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2003, 08:13:03 PM »
What kind of names? The names of actual Eldar figures or just unassociated names to use for your characters?
~Heimdallion

"The wind swept across the dark plains, flatening the long grass in rolling waves. Dark storm clouds were rolling in. The chill penetrated even my thick Rune Armor. The cold rain was running of my men's grim faces.

It would be a good day."

Offline acdb

• T'Ark'An'Ni Ak'Kan
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 03:55:47 AM »
BOTH! ;D :D

Supposedly Lord Blood Mage's stripper/personal guard, unavoidable distraction that causes you death in many ways.

Long Live C'Nesha

My trusty steed: A wonderful creature I picked up that can change into anything.

Offline Brutal Moon

• "Junior" Member ?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 06:54:25 PM »
I think you posted this in the wrong forum - we have a place dedicated to fluff. It's called the fluff and fiction forum :).

However, I suppose that place is pretty useless after it was flooded by 'Online Campaigns'.

Well, I could type out a bunch for you, but I'll mostly just give you this link.

http://www.40kcantina.com/eldar/encyclopedia/encyclopedia.html

And for other names, take actual eldar words (http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/daviddo/ELDAR/English-Eldar.html) to describe the character, then crush them into one short, single word.

ie
Destiny Warrior (names are normally MUCH more words, but for ease's sake (these words aren't really well-suited, either))

Furte Ann

Which could be compacted into Furan, for example. Go and Look at the page in Codex: Eldar right near the end, which gives a good description of the Eldar language, and an example of a name.
Some dwarves offered me a drink, about 5 years ago. When I fell asleep, I couldn't grow a beard if I wanted to! Not so fortunate these days, it seems.

Offline acdb

• T'Ark'An'Ni Ak'Kan
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 11:21:45 PM »
THANKS

Long Live C'Nesha