News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Night Spinner VS Warp Hunter  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
Re: Night Spinner VS Warp Hunter
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
At this point is is important to mention that as of the release of IA:11, The Warp Hunter uses the large blast template, not the small one.

Is this really true? I don't have the book (won't have it for quite a while), so i would highly appreciate if someone could simply post a 'yes' or 'no' so that there's no copyright-problem.

I thought the WH was awesome already, a large blast would be kinda insane, but certainly appreciated :D
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Offline Farseer Ashair

• i Shall come forth from the webway
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar and Orks and Gobblins
« Reply #21 on: January 4, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
Wow if it stays this way itll b impressive but i doubt it i recon if it ever makes a codex it maybe toned down

Offline Mordecai

« Reply #22 on: January 5, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
Not only is it large blast, but it glances on a 2-4, penetrating on 5+, according to IA Apoc 2nd Ed.  Is it different in IA 11?

If not, under which circumstances would the Prism be better?
It's time to make like a fetus and head out...

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #23 on: January 5, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Please remember that fishing for rules isn't allowed.  We're not a replacement for the books.  If you want to know specific details about rules, then you'll have to buy the book.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Morachi

• Eldar snob...
    • When Craftworlds Drop By
  • Armies: Eldar... lots of Eldar
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »
Fire Prism is designed for range. Really depends on what you're fighting against - sheer destructive power would be the Warp Hunter outright, but against CC armies with little mobility, a Fire Prism might be the ticket if cover saves aren't easily found by the enemy.
ERROR: Reality.sys corrupted - Reboot Universe? Y/N

Offline Farseer Ashair

« Reply #25 on: January 6, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »
2 warp hunters and 1 fire prism for good measure :P haha what i struggling to understand is if you wanna play appoc do you purchase the appoc rule book or the A11? because from what i read certain stats contradict each other, or do you need both?  im deff getting the WH and i may use NS in my FS slot rather then Shining spears...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »
IA 11 is the most recent version of the rules and so if there's a disagreement with the Apoc book and IA 11 you go with IA 11.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Farseer Ashair

« Reply #27 on: January 7, 2012, 08:49:14 AM »
So if I buy ia11 I won't need the others??

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #28 on: January 7, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
That would depend on whether everything you want rules for is located within IA 11 or not. This Imperial Armour volume also does not contain the Apoc appendices at the back so for some of the vehicles you'll either need a copy of a IA 10 or such or a copy of the more recent Apoc II book to use to replace them.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline mustanguk

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 05:06:11 AM »
I agree with the different strokes argument. I personnally run both a warp hunter and a night spinner in my Eldar army with my final HS slot going to either a squadren of war walkers, a wraithlord or a 2nd night spinner.

I've never been a fan of the fire prism purely because they need to be fielded in pairs to be most effective and there are just too many good things I'd want to take.

The best thing about a night spinner is it has range. Lots of range and It can be devestating against any army. The warp hunter just puts the fear of god into an opponent which is always nice.

Go for what you like not what works best. You'll always have more fun that way!

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 06:01:24 AM »
I I went for what I like then I would go for older rules...  ;D

Nightspinner not having the monofilamentweb rule BUT the 7" template and transport capacity.........

Anway, to me it all depends on just what fits into my specific composition and oponents. The Spinner is currently seeing use, the Prism not.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 06:15:50 AM »
[mod]This thread hasn't been posted in since January, and nothing revolutionary has been included to warrant raising this from the dead. Locked for thread necromancy.[/mod]
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente