News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 74046 times)

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Killersquid's Projects
« Reply #200 on: April 2, 2017, 10:04:51 AM »
That mutilator is so gory! I love it. Did you build him out of a terminator?

Great job on the chaos lord too. Your force is shaping up really quickly. I better get off my butt and crank out some stuff soon because your rate of getting out new models is putting me to shame.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Killersquid's Projects
« Reply #201 on: April 2, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »
That mutilator is so gory! I love it. Did you build him out of a terminator?

Great job on the chaos lord too. Your force is shaping up really quickly. I better get off my butt and crank out some stuff soon because your rate of getting out new models is putting me to shame.

Yeah man, out of a spare Cataphact dude I had lying around. He's a troops choice, so I needed him for Highlander games. Also, not as terrible for his points with the Iron Warrior benefits and ob-sec.

Thanks man. It's been a slow process, but these guys are for fun so I'm taking my time. I hate painting the cultists though 100% rushing through them :p
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Killersquid's Projects (mostly Iron Warriors these days)
« Reply #202 on: April 9, 2017, 04:42:28 AM »
Your painting skills are humbling, Killersquid.
You and people like you are so inspiring. Makes me put more effort into my own painting. Thank you for sharing.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »
Your painting skills are humbling, Killersquid.
You and people like you are so inspiring. Makes me put more effort into my own painting. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for the kind words!

Did some work on my CSM and Ynnari (new jetbike squad to round out the force).

Also, I played a couple of games. First, was a fun highlander game.

I brought my CSM, and my friend brought his Space Wolves

I had the chaos lord, with the siegebreaker mace, 3 terminators, 3 bikes, 5 man marine squad in Rhino, mutilator, 2 units of 2 obliterators, 10 cultists and a helbrute.

He had

Wolf Gard battle leader with a hellfrost bolter, Wolf Priest, And Ulrik the Slayer
Squad of grey hunters in a drop pod, squad of bloodclaws in a rhino, tri-las predator, long fang squad, and a squad of bikers.

We played Contact Lost, which is a maelstrom mission where you gain new objective cards for each objective you control.

Game was pretty close for most of the game. Chaos Lord killed Lukas in a challenge, but then was sucked away by Lukas's stasis bomb.

Helbrute did a good job holding up the grey hunters and the blood claws for a bit, but the Wolf Priests power maul, and krak grenades from the squads eventually took it down.

We were tied on points until the end, but I claimed 3pts in my last turn, which ended the game on a 5pt for Wolves - 8pts for Iron Warriors.

Second game was with my Ynnari Harlequins vs Genestealer Cult. My buddy wanted a 'competitive' practice game.

I had the first turn (which I kept) and we were playing ITC Mission 3 (which is kill points).

1850pts. I don't know his exact list, but he had a bunch of smaller units, all the characters and a massive first curse.

SoulBurst did me really well this game. My opponent had not played against the rule before, so was a bit thrown off by how crazy good it is. His First curse was an issue though. I had my big character blob invisible when they charged in, but he still did an incredible amount of damage. I then held them in combat by fog of dreaming his unit, and then hit and run so I could pick off models with the star weavers and windriders.

One of my favourite parts of the game, was where he summoned a unit of 10 Neopythes to kill my Death Jester holding an objective, and then I soul-burst with both units of windriders and shot them off the table.

by the end of the 4th turn, I had lost one jetbike squad, a couple of characters and a few models from a few units, and he was down to just his patriarch and a handful of genestealers. He called it, as he could not catch up on maelstrom or Kill Points.

I'm still making a lot of mistakes with the list. I need to keep my units paired up, to make best use of Soul burst. I also was far too aggressive with a few units, which cost me time or that unit.

The table was divided by a lot of LoS blocking terrain, which hindered both of our shooting, but benefited me more because of my superior mobility.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2017, 09:40:10 AM »
That chequer pattern on the canopy must have taken ages! Very nice :)

Love your Iron Warriors too. They're probably my favourite Traitor Legion. Just so damn 40k ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
Nice... Like the look of that Lord and the Harlie windriders look sweet! Interesting intel on those games too... yeah playing with the Ynarri, its easy to go too far... sort of over extend yourself moving out unsupported units. Anyway great stuff KS, love it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2017, 07:18:17 PM »
Wow! So you didn't just paint a checked pattern on the jetbike canopies. You highlighed them as well... Now that's just showing off, mate. Nicely done, and your painting style looks good on the table. That's always the big test, isn't it? Some of my past jobbies looked ok on the shelf but were waaay to busy as a unit on the table. Like your style, Killersquid. Be well!

• Ancient
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
Wow! So you didn't just paint a checked pattern on the jetbike canopies. You highlighed them as well... Now that's just showing off, mate. Nicely done, and your painting style looks good on the table. That's always the big test, isn't it? Some of my past jobbies looked ok on the shelf but were waaay to busy as a unit on the table. Like your style, Killersquid. Be well!

Gotta always add those highlights to make things POP! And yeah, I paint these things for tabletop, I don't care too much for win any painting awards. I just want to be proud to show them off.

Took some pictures of other things I've been working on. My hobby desk is super cluttered right now with various projects.

Here are some more pictures of Iron Warriors dudes I've not shown yet.

And also a couple of blood bowl teams I'm getting around to painting. I won the box in the fall, and haven't bothered to work on it yet. I also have a half built set of Dreadfleet I'm excited to play with too.

I've posted plenty of pictures of my Harlequins (which is the faction that started this thread), so here are the new additions to that force when I play as Ynnari.

And finally, for my current favourite game, Frostgrave!

Some undead for encounters

And a new warband I'm working on (my old warband is getting long in the tooth).

From left to right Theif, Barbarian, Treasure Hunter, Wizard, Infantryman, Apprentice, Thug, Archer, Ranger and a spectral soldier (in case I get the pre-game spell off).

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2017, 02:26:08 PM »
Holy crap KS you've done some serious work! I'm really not sure what to comment on first.....
The Iron Warriors are looking absolutely superb, I really love the converted Contemptor. More Chaos armies need to use old 30k bits!
Your Windriders have me on the verge of a change of pants though, just wow. Is it possible to get some closeups of them?
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2017, 10:56:15 PM »
Crikey Moses! You've got some licorice allsorts there, don't you Kill. Each one shows a different skill. All you need now is some Epic and Gothic and you'll have a little bit of everything.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »
First off, Holy diamonds Batman! Look great, I mean well done! 2ndly, that checkered table must have given you a headache, whew. Everything else looks groovy too.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

• Ancient
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
I have a bit of hobby ADD. I don't like to finish any one project, just chip on other things. I have 1000pts of Bolt Action in a box too I'll eventually get to lol.

The Iron Warriors have been fun to work on, mostly as they are so quick to paint. A nice change from other things.

First off, Holy diamonds Batman! Look great, I mean well done! 2ndly, that checkered table must have given you a headache, whew. Everything else looks groovy too.

lol. After painting 1850pts of harlequins, checkers don't bother me anymore.

Crikey Moses! You've got some licorice allsorts there, don't you Kill. Each one shows a different skill. All you need now is some Epic and Gothic and you'll have a little bit of everything.

Never played epic, but I did have a Necron fleet at one point, and had a bunch of Imperial Ships in boxes for a while, before I gave them away to someone else. Hard to find games. I started painting Battletech models, until I realized I'd never use them.

Holy crap KS you've done some serious work! I'm really not sure what to comment on first.....
The Iron Warriors are looking absolutely superb, I really love the converted Contemptor. More Chaos armies need to use old 30k bits!
Your Windriders have me on the verge of a change of pants though, just wow. Is it possible to get some closeups of them?

I'll try and take some nice pictures when I have some good lighting. My phone's camera is not too great for the most part lol.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2017, 07:10:36 AM »
Damn KS! These look great... For me the Iron Warriors take the cake though! Those bikes look fantastic! The Mk IV armor is just a superb look... its a real standout look for the Iron Warriors who are usually in MK II. But I like this because it makes them look more deadly. Fantastic stuff bud... the Harlie JB's look great too. You are rolling, keep it up!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2017, 08:06:57 AM »
Blimey KS, you have been busy! Those Iron Warriors are terrific. I like the charnel house feel that you've achieved with them. The Contemptor in particular looks like he's been working as a butcher for the past millennium! The Jet Bikes are also fantastic. Really impressive details and I'm sure they'll stand out on the table.

You really are a hobby butterfly! I thought I was bad, but I normally stick to only 2 systems at a time!!

Great work, keep it up!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Ancient
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »
I've done done a lot of painting in a bit, but I went down to visit Skari from Skardcast.

He did an army show case of my Iron Warriors, and we played a game.

Check it out!

https://youtu.be/tj2g6ZeEPSM
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2017, 08:57:15 PM »
They look nice all on display like that, Killer. Will have watch the game when I have more time.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2017, 10:49:40 AM »
The showcase is a really fun watch. Has the Battle Report been posted yet as I can't find it?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Ancient
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2017, 10:57:32 AM »
Nah, Skari has not posted the battle report yet. I'll post a link when he does. I think he's still working on editing it.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Hey KS, left a comment on Youtube for you. So awesome to see your army get a showcase video. So well deserved. Can't wait to see the actual bat-rep. Rooting for you bud!

• Ancient
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »
Hey KS, left a comment on Youtube for you. So awesome to see your army get a showcase video. So well deserved. Can't wait to see the actual bat-rep. Rooting for you bud!

Yeah, I saw that! No spoilers, but the game was really close. It was fun to play the Iron Warriors on a nice table.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria