News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Tale of 2 Elysians *Updated June 7th*  (Read 5138 times)

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
A Tale of 2 Elysians *Updated June 7th*
« on: May 6, 2008, 10:49:13 AM »
A Tale of 2 Elysians will follow the progress of Chosen Man's and my Elysian armies. They are both sizable forces and contain Sentinels and flyers, so if you're a fan of Forge World infantry or vehicles, we've got you covered. If you're unfamiliar with the Elysians you can find a primer here. To get things rolling I've included pictures of what I already have painted for my force.

And a shot of the entire army (not including my Valk). That's all for now.

Keep watching the skies.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 04:18:51 PM by Sputnik »
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Re: Death from the Skies: A Tale of 2 Elysians
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2008, 11:14:27 AM »
Here I am the 2nd of the crazy people willing to jump out of a perfectly good Valk. Heh! My first exposure to elysian armies came during an escalation league which I logged on here for a while. Escalation Legue Blues, which was a lot of fun and got me really hyped about this drop army. Recently I have gotten the urge to start a smaller D-99 army with a slight twist....While Sputnik is willing to attack from the skies...I have chosen to take my attack from the low ground...I will intially be taking the D-99 list and making it out of former GW Squats to created a Tunneller force! With their eternal hate for all things Tyranids, this force will be a fun army that fits the background great. I will eventually make it into a whole Ordos Xeno force with additional forces. I still want to work on my Elysians at some point so from time to time, you might see a few of mine pop up here and there...So Sit back and Enjoy the ride! ;)

My Army WIP during the Escalation League

« Last Edit: June 5, 2008, 11:30:08 AM by Chosen Man »
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2008, 03:50:54 PM »
I've been fiddling around with my Chaos Marines recently, but I did take time out of that to take a picture of my entire Elysian force. In all its glory:

All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »
This thread looks very interesting. I was watching it when you guysposted your first pics.

How is the project going and in which order do you plan to paint your armies?
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »

I started building my new Squat force a few weeks ago, and got a good chunk of it primed in the process. I haven't had a chance to get some pics up, but will try to get something on here soon. Right now this project is something on the side for me, since I'm fully involved in my Alpha Legion project. Since this force is only 1500 points it shouldn't take me long, but it will be slow for me. Occasionally when I get bored with my Alphas I might jump into this here and there. I expect Sputnik will have more done here then I will, but I will attempt to keep up. ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Nihilanth

• My Gaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
I'm envious of your large amounts of awesome looking Forge World models. :)

Sputnik, those painted ones look great! I can't wait till they're all painted.

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2008, 11:24:11 PM »
@Sputnik: how many Elysians do you have in your force so far?
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #7 on: June 6, 2008, 12:09:15 AM »

Well, like Chosen, I've been working on my Chaos Marines mostly, but I want to get back to my Elysians. I'm going to prime and base the force next.

Sputnik, those painted ones look great! I can't wait till they're all painted.

Thanks.

@Sputnik: how many Elysians do you have in your force so far?

Last count I had 128 infantry, 9 sentry guns, 4 Sents and the 1 Valk.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #8 on: June 6, 2008, 01:46:54 AM »

... and an empty wallet. ;D

How long did it take you to build up a force like that?
« Last Edit: June 6, 2008, 01:48:36 AM by tryanotherone »
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #9 on: June 6, 2008, 02:11:27 AM »

Tell me about it. I've been collecting them since their release. So about 3 years now.

Offline u9k13

• This is u9k13, as if you couldn't tell.
« Reply #10 on: June 6, 2008, 07:20:51 AM »

How long did it take you to build up a force like that?

I'm not up to that level, at about 60 infantry, 3 sentinels, 1 valk, and a couple of sentry guns, but yeah my wallet is definately on the light side!

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 02:25:19 AM »
After much discussion and much debate on if this project should continue we have both agreed to put the Elysians part of this project on hold for now. In addition we both are working on CSM Nurgle Themed armies now. My Grey Death Legion which has been tournament completed for a few months now is getting new troops added to it. Meanwhile Sputnik is about to begin his own force of DG marines. With this in mind its been agreed that the Project will now become a Nurgle CSM Project of two gamers.....At least till we feel like going back to IG! ;)

The plan for me now is a major upgrade to the Grey Death Legion, I have chosen to make this my 2nd CSM Force behind my Alphas.I have pulled these guys out of my AL/Renegade project since this force is about to grow into something larger then a small allied contingent. I have enjoyed working on this force a lot and had fun converting my Oblits for the army. The plan now is to make a PURE Themed Nurgle CSM army fully painted for Ard Boyz 09....this means 2500 points of Nurgle Goodness for next year!

Below is my FOC of the current Grey Death Legion....Check it out and enjoy....next will be the new additions in mind...

The Grey Death Legion

HQ

Daemon Prince

Nurgle Sorcerer

Elite

Terminators

Troops

1st Squad

2nd Squad

3rd Squad

Heavy Support

Obliterators

With this plan in mind I began amassing the new forces!

Finally the promised reinforcements! The Grey Death Legion is about to DOUBLE in size! One of the best deals I found at the bunker was gathering nearly 25 more Plague Marines for $25! Adding on some more PMs I got from a friend....here is the result of my dealings! The plan right now is to build up the GDL to a 2500 Point force and bring it to next years Ard'Boyz tourny! ;)

In addition to bringing up two of my current squads to 11 models deep, I am adding 2 new PM Squads to the army. 4 More Plasma Rifles for the 2 squads.

1st New PM Squad

2nd New PM Squad

Finally another fun experiment for the force will be a Nurgle Chosen Squad. While expensive in points, 2 Plasma Rifles and 3 Meltaguns will make the unit worthy of taking, and making them Nurgle Marked will fit the theme of the army! :)

Well that's all for now....I'm sure Sputnik will come around and post soon on his Nurgle ideas.....For now that is all! I will post more later on! Enjoy! ;)

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
Re: A Tale of 2 Elysians (And Nurgle Death Guard) *Updated Dec 24th 2008*
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »
In progress shot of a Possessed Chaos Lord using parts from the plastic Possessed kit and Heresy miniatures demon head.

Excuse the shoddy shot, my camera is on the fritz again.

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
Another update for my Chaos forces! This time a familiar for my Chaos Sorcerer. As for my Death Guard, that project fell through for a number of reasons, the least being it would limit what models I could take in my force greatly! Anyway, on to the models!

In case you're wondering, you can pick this guy up at http://www.heresyminiatures.com/.

I'm going to try and get some Elysians done, especially with the new IG codex just around the corner. Stay tuned.

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
Re: A Tale of 2 Elysians (& Death Guard) *Updated June 7th*
« Reply #14 on: June 7, 2009, 06:58:22 PM »
I happened to sell off most of my CSM stuff down at the local GW, so that Black Legion army is no longer on the table. Here's some progress on my IG: