News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Archon Leading Coven  (Read 1927 times)

Offline El_Jairo

1850 Archon Leading Coven
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:31:15 AM »
I haven't been playing 40k for a while.

I started with Dark Eldar during 4th with 3th codex. I really liked the idea of Wych Cults but sadly I feel they have lost a lot of their punch in 6th.

I was already liking the idea of creating a Coven and came up with this:

It is a Coven with a Archon twist. I first wanted to do Urien but I want to try out the Archon's Court.

HQ:
Archon (1#, 170 pts)
 +SF, +Huskblade, + Soultrap, + Combat Drugs + PGL

Heamy
+ LG + VB

Court of the Archon (7#, 215 pts)
 1 Lhamaean
 1 Medusae
 3 Sslyth
 1 Ur-Ghul
in Raider + Enhanced Aethersails + Grisly Trophies

Elite:
4x Grotesques (5#, 245 pts)
 + LG
 + Abberation with Scissorhand
in Raider + Enhanced Aethersails

Troops:
10 xWracks (11#, 200 pts)
 + 2x Liquifier Gun
 + Acothyst

3x Wracks (4#, 95 pts)
 In Venom +SC

10 x Wyches (11#, 200 pts)
. . + HWG
. .+ Hekatrix + Venom Blade
in Raider + Enhanced Aethersails  + Grisly Trophies

5x Kabalite Warriors (6#, 125 pts)
  Blaster
In Venom +SC

Kabalite Warriors (11#, 195 pts)
 Blaster, Splinter Cannon
  +Sybarite

Heavy Support:
2X Talos Pain Engine (1#, 105 pts)
. . TL Liquifier

Ravager (1#, 130 pts)
. . 3 DL, Night Shields, FF, Retro Jets

My strategy is a simple rush: move all up but leave the 3 wracks in reserve for grabbing. The ravager might Deep Strike when going second.
All other unit should be able to rush to they target of choice. The Taloi move up too to negate and dominate the centre.
Heamy is there for making wracks troops and might be giving his pain token to the unit that can use it the most: 10 Wracks or 10 Wyches, maybe even warriors.

I know that the Archon's court is a little strange but I thought about trying this for a while. In my build this unit is T5 as long as no other character joins them. I was thinking about giving them a Pain Token but with 4/6 models starting with FnP and not benefit from PfP it souns like a bad idea.

For the purpose of rushing I have taken Enh Sails and I had some spare points I put in Grisley Trophies, as RR morale can really save the day.
I used the flickerfield on the Ravager as ignore cover tends to be rather common these days. And it can help with difficult terrain failures too.

In my opinion the list is missing a truly fast unit, like reavers or beast. But I thought it would be better to have another T5 target for them, which can shoot and assault a little, to support and be a general pain in the a**.

Any C&C is welcome. I really want to have a workable list for Dark Eldar because I was a little disappointed after 6th. So all help is welcome.

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Re: 1850 Archon Leading Coven
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2013, 05:39:27 AM »
I'll be interested to see how the court works for you.

The 2x Talos doesn't seem to work with a rush list in my mind, because they'll just get left behind out of the action.  It might be worth investing in a WWP for the Haemy and keeping them in reserve to stop them from getting shot up as they slog across the board.  On the other hand, if your rush works them your opponent should be far more worried about the stuff that's in his face on turn 2.

Why have you put Enhanced Aethersails on the Warriors' transport?  Warriors don't need to get right in close to be effective, and I would rather advance at the normal fast skimmer rate and begin to pour in the poison shooting.  I prefer splinter racks for this reason.