News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177136 times)

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • army funded with lotto winnings since 1996
Welcome all Newcomers!
« on: January 22, 2002, 03:35:48 PM »
who is new at 40k Online?
Welcome I am the bardic soul, known  as pathfinder, And although I don't help run the show, I would like to say Welcome, You should explore and try to get to know people we have some awsome folks( and a couple of weirdos including myself). and feel free to say hey at any time.

feel free to introduce yourself we are all dieing to meet you.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:48:04 PM by pathfinder »

Offline dark_wind

• It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm
Re:newbies
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 03:59:47 PM »
i'm fairly new to the eldaronline message boards but i've cruised around the site before
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!
                      http://project86.com/

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 04:02:51 PM »
i have been going to eldaronline for like a couple mounth b4 they went down for a long time.

Offline DaddyWarhammer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 04:24:33 PM »
I've only started posting about a week and a half ago, though I've been paging through the posts for months now.

DW

Offline Lord Calamir

• Member of the Council of Ulthwe
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 05:47:52 PM »
I've also been around for some two weeks only before the new board started. I have been dealing with 40K and Eldar for several years, but never found the time/money/whatever ;) to build up an army until recently. I'm currently painting lots of minis with the advice of an experienced painter and WH:FB player, who has now also started Tau. (And I do need his advice as I'm far from good at painting...)
All hail Eldrad, for he shall safely guide us through the darkness until a new morning dawns.

Offline Salamando

• Jesus H Christ
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2002, 09:45:35 PM »
Yeah, I posted at EldarOnline like a year ago, but I'm back and stuff.
Some people may laugh at you and call you crazy, but when you're pointing a gun at them you decide who's crazy.

Offline crackjoy

• I can quit whenever I want!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2002, 11:00:59 PM »
i started playing 40k at the beginning of last summer (2001).  i found this site aboot a month later, and i started posting... yesterday.  so far, its been great ;D cept for that lousy karma... :(
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Alexander Falcorian

• Ancient
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2002, 11:39:44 PM »
I'm an Old one I guess... Or a first one.  ;D
Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war! - Salamander Chapter Battle Cry

The whole point of naval fighting is to be able to go anywhere with every damned thing the Navy possesses. - Captain Grenfeld of the Hammer of Justice

You might as well try to catch starlight as bring the Eldar to battle.

Offline ChadTheBad

• SHAZAM!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2002, 11:58:04 PM »
I can't remeber not being around this site. Although, I've only been a part of the message board for a little while.
You're all gonna die. Only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet or on your knees, begging? I ain't much for begging. Nobody ever gave me nothin', so I say let's fight it!

Offline Star.Scream

• The OLD Transformers were the best! - Classic!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2002, 01:15:49 AM »
>>>>>I first came to EO about 2 months b4 it went down for a while.  I must say, i am extremely proud to have been around to see it grow the way it has with the re-launching, very encouraging.  Our community has grown a lot in the last 2 months, and its wonderfull to see.
"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies." - StarScream

"You can never know everything, and part of what you do know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies on going on anyway."
-al'Lan Mandragoran, p.600 Winters Heart, book nine of the series "The Wheel of Time," by Robert Jordan.

Offline Purple Raine

• The Ultra N00bie
  • Administrator
  • Let's put a smile on that face.
    • About Me
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2002, 01:54:44 AM »
Well then,

Welcome to you all!  Myself, I haven't been around that long... started chatting on the EO EZboards I think sometime last summer ... so, there are actually quite a few users who've been around longer than I have (Falcorian is a good example).  

I'm glad to see that the community is growing.  It's unsettling to see that there are only 260 members on our new board, but then again, it's only been up a week or so.  The GOOD part, is that 90+% of these users are return users and regulars, which is what really builds a community.  

So, with luck, time, and (most importantly) your presence, we will be the founders of a strong community!  <sounds cheesy, I know, but it's true!>

Hopefully, with the relaunch, our community will attract even more members!

Just a fan of this awesome site.

Offline Cabeza_Gigante

• Later Days=Better Lays
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2002, 10:55:43 AM »
I'm also new to the game(I flirted with it for 2 months in '98 but I picked necrons when they first came out and just got really discouraged when I got stomped by any and everyone that I played, but I have recently come across the funds -just back from a deployment to camp rhino, hazardous duty pay is a beautiful thing, and I am on a tdy to sendai in mainland japan right now, so when the marines are all running to tokyo (I saw Planet of the Drums@the LiquidRoom -just incredible, I'll do a writeup in off topic in a minute)and spending all of their travel pay I'm chillin spendin all my money on miniatures through the mail, btw where are some good places online to order minis?. I'm also new to the board(like about a month now) and the eldar(a little less than a month -this board persuaded me to play them) All I can say about it is that the people on it are extremely friendly (except for whoever smited me :'(,but I digress) and Helpful, the site itself is extremely well done, everything is top notch. congrats to everyone involved here, the editors/moderators/regular posters, this place is great!!! and, as always mad respect to the party people and all of the kids running around on this board, you guys rock. late
« Last Edit: January 28, 2002, 10:59:56 AM by Cabeza_Gigante »

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2002, 10:07:40 AM »
ive mostly just read posts in the past, until EO got serious about harlies.

Offline elite Tyranid Warrior

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2002, 10:20:06 PM »
I'm new
I'm different than all you mutated Lictor prototypes-- The Warrior govenor

Offline King Snake

• I'm not a llama!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2002, 10:22:45 PM »
I also first came upon the site when ol' keithale was still running it. So I've been around longer than Raine *nyah nyah* lol

I haven't posted a heck of a lot, but I've definitely been around for a while.

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2002, 11:19:50 PM »
I was new...about...oh, 2 weeks ago...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2002, 01:05:38 AM by The Hive Custodian »
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline StrangeAeons

• With Strange Aeons even Death may die...
    • Metatron Graphics
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2002, 11:41:59 PM »
I'm a Rogue Trader era vet who just got back into it again during Xmas. The community for all wargaming is so good now with the exsistence of the internet, back in the old days it was like "Warhammer? Whats that?" And honestly, Eldar Online has my vote for the best army-related site hands down, being an eldar junkie aside...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2002, 11:44:12 PM by StrangeAeons »
"I am here to destroy your world, o Man, and turn it into a Paradise"
~Atrributed to the Alaitoc Farseer Catatheron

"Ask not the Eldar a question for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and horrifying to know."
~Inquisitor Czevak

Offline Cortex_Killer

• Graduate lookin for work
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2002, 06:55:50 AM »
I first found Eldar Online back in March (2001) when I was holding a temp office job which had net access.  Needless to say I didn't do much work cause I was checking the site out too much.  Didn't register cause EZ board for some reason would never let me create  an account.

When new board appeared I felt obliged to register (all the good work of the people involved in the site and message board).

Been collecting for about four years now but I'm luck as I've got plenty of friends who have Rouge Trader stuff and various sources of fluff, like UK White Dwarf 127 (or something like that when eldar got first proper release in 1.5ed).
Come my brethren, for it is time that the Eldar retake our birthright: our Empire.

Offline Hammer of Ulric

• Do or do not. There is no try.
I was a lurker
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2002, 10:22:16 AM »
I've been playing for too long (I too can remember when 40K was but a single book) but I only signed up here TODAY.

I bought my son a box of Guardians and Eldrad for Xmas, cos he was really interested. But he's bored with them already, and they haven't been out of the box for six weeks.

I'm trying again tonight.

Any tips on how to get my wife to play would also be appreciated.
Hammer of Ulric

======================================
Kate Bush - The most original sonwriter on the planet
======================================

Offline Korhedron

• Warlock by Eldrad Ulthrans side
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2002, 03:28:18 PM »
Hey!!!!
I challenge thee , foul enemies of Eldar!!!