News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Da Boyz iz ere to stay! (first game with Orks)  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
Da Boyz iz ere to stay! (first game with Orks)
« on: February 7, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
*before i start, 2 important notes: 1) this is not realy a batrep so it is here not in the batrep forum. 2) I know i went a little crazy with upgrades but i have limited model choices.

So it was a 2v2 500 point each game with my Orks and LordCorrax's Tzeentch CSM vs Space Wolves and Blood Angels.

The lists as i remember them:

Space Wolves:
Rune Preist - Chooser of the Slain, Runic Weapon, Plasmapistol, Living Lightning and JoTWW
10 Grey Hunters - Some kit....
10 Grey Hunters - Some Kit..... in a Rhino.

Blood Angels:
Captain - Jumppack, Powerweapon, Digiweapons, mebbe meltabombs.
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Powerfist
Scout squad with Heavy Bolter
Assault Squad - Powerweapon.

CSM:
10 CSMs Icon of Tzeentch
8ish Thousand Sons - Bolt of Chaos
Daemon prince -  Bolt of Chaos, Warp Time, Wings

Da Orks:
Warboss Krotchkikka - Eavy Armour, Attack Squig, PowerClaw, Cybork, TL shoota
Da Biguns: 5 Nobz with Big Choppas and Sluggas, 1 Painboy, Eavy Armour, Cybork.
Da Green Tide: 24 Ork Boyz, Nob with Klaw, 2 Big Shootas.

The game was a special mission which saw me and the chaos player holding a large Imperial Church from the marines reasoning that we had taken it and they wanted it back...

Deployment.

The Chaos player began in the church with the orks setting up outside. The BA set up their Tactical squad in the road leading up to the church on the right, between two large buildings. The Assault Squad was on top of a Skysheild instalation - one of the buildings on the right of the tac squad. The Scouts Infiltrated on top of a building near the church. The Wolves bravely deployed the Rune Preist out of LoS with one GH squad and the other squad in the rhino set up in the main road directly in front of the Church.
We reasoned that it cost 3" of movement to move one floor up a building and that Assault Squads could hop across the gaps with Dangerous Terrain checks needed.

Turn 1:
The Orks go first!
I moved the large Boyz mob 6" down the road towards the Tacsquad. The Nobz go 6" up two floors of the Scouts building. Chaos dont move.
I run the mob into the shelter of a building out of los of the Tac Marines... i hoped.... and the nobz run 6(!!!) inches to be up with the scouts... one more floor.
the 1ksons vaporise 2 Scouts with shooting, Bolt of Change misses. Scouts fail morale and run towards the building door.
There are no assaults.

Marines T1
The Tactical marines dont move. The rune preists Hunters move towards the mob while the Rhino jiinks out of LoS of the CSM. Closer to the Church though.
The Assault Squad flies towards the other end of the Landing Pad ready to hop the gap next turn.
Assault Squad shoot the Nobz causing only one wound which is saved.
Tac Squad miss the one Boy they can see.
JoTWW is out of LoS, Grey Hunters find themselves 1" out of range.
Scouts fail to rally due to Nobz proximity
no Assaults.

Orks T2
Chaos dont move.
Nobs climb the last level and look at Scouts...
Mob moves up towards Tac Squad.
i call a WAAAGH! giving Fleet.
Mob fleets 6" towards the Tacticals.
Nobz shoot and kill 2 scouts.
Chaos does nothing of note.
Assaults:
Boyz hit the Tac Squad like a tone of bricks... or not.... 81 Attacks from the Boyz leave 5 tac marines left. Jammy saves mean i lose 3 orks. Marines lose another 2 to the Klaw. Pfist Sarge hits one ork boy. They run, are caught and fail a No Retreat! save.
Nobs and Warboss assault the scouts.... they all die. I consolidate away from the assault squad - Kunnin plan here -

Marines T2:
Assault Squad hop the gap, no casualties.
Rune preist and Hunters move up the main road again having been denied the chance to charge the orks. Rhino weaves through more buildings, scared of Bolt of Chaos.
Assault marines are 1" out of Charge Range.
Boyz finish off the Tac Squad for one more loss.

Orks T3:
Nobz walk down the stairs to the Assault Marines. Boyz move back towards the church.
Chaos Shuffle around a bit.
I shoot one assault marine down with the Warboss's TL shoota.
Assault sees all the Assault marines die with one wound on a Nob (Cappy hit only once and i saved it with Cybork) Cappy loses 2 wounds.

Marines T3:
BA player gives up! Swolf player says the nobz can now consolidate as if they had killed the Cappy last turn. 6" down they go.
Rune Priest zaps the Daemon Prince with living Lightning but he passes all the saves.
Rhino keeps moving.

Orks T4:
Nobz are now in Assault range of the Rune Preist squad. Daemon Prince joins them (moves over to assault also....) I kill one with shooting, Preist dispells Warp Time. Nobz and DP assault the Grey Hunters without the rune preist, kill all of them for no casualties (allocated all wounds to the DP but does nothing)

Marines T4:
Last Swolf Squad move up to assault the Orks and DP. Fires pistols ineffectivly. Plasgun blows up but saves are made.
Daemon Prince beheads Runepreist in Assault before it can strike, All other Swolf attacks either miss me or fail to wound the Daemon. We wipe them out through sheer number of failed saves and the warboss killing 6 :D

Orks T5:
Warboss moves up to and explodes Rhino!

VICTORY TO DA ORKS!

Total casualties were about 6 ork boyz and no chaos in return for everything in the other team...

Will continue playing orks.....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

{GMS}

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Da Boyz iz ere to stay! (first game with Orks)
« Reply #1 on: February 7, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
Well then it is a good start, seeing and playing with the orks makes you want to do more. So you have found that orks are indeed the best that 40k has to offer, (regardless of what the other races say) and now you want more.

If you think 500 points is fun, try 5000 points! It is a reasonable goal, and once you are at that level you will still not be satisfied and continue to want more. So you are starting to turn green, go with it, the color suits you.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »
Warboss Krotchkikka.....

When I wake up tomorrow morning I will still be laughing at that.  God I love the da orks!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2011, 03:03:40 AM »
Well then it is a good start, seeing and playing with the orks makes you want to do more. So you have found that orks are indeed the best that 40k has to offer, (regardless of what the other races say) and now you want more.

If you think 500 points is fun, try 5000 points! It is a reasonable goal, and once you are at that level you will still not be satisfied and continue to want more. So you are starting to turn green, go with it, the color suits you.

Going to have to agree...  Orks are very addicting and with all the cool Forgeworld stuff it makes you really want to field an ap-ork-alypse army..

A good game very intersting to see it played as a two player co op.  In my game I played against chaos against a very simliar army as your partner.