News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Iyanden Call to Arms: The Walk of the Dead [PoC Campaign]  (Read 7094 times)

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
Iyanden Call to Arms: The Walk of the Dead [PoC Campaign]
« on: December 24, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »
- Iyanden at War -

There is the POC Online Campaign Mission Thread. This is where you will find campaign developments and updates, which should take place daily unless nothing of note actually happens.

Here in this thread, Iyanden players should post their lists, discuss tactica, scenarios, and Accomplishments for the upcoming/ongoing POC Conflict Campaign.

For those that have interest for the online campaign, you may also want to subscribe  within that specific thread before before being counted as an official belligerent... The rules are all laid out there and questions about the campaign (rules) and on what you can or cannot do should be directed within that thread where I will be able to address them shortly.

If you are not yet part of the Iyanden PoC, but wish to join, PM me or post your allegiance in our PoC thread. We do not have an active Autarch yet as we are still organising, so titling may take some time but please cope with us and everything will eventually get in order.

For further details you can read Gutstick's original PoC Online Campaign thread.

Current participants are:
Starrakatt (Warlord of the Iyanden Warhost)

f.desrochers (Deputy Warlord)

Gwaihir

Kiefatar

Kubrick54

Wraith (Still in Reserve)

I will update this thread with all rules and requirements as needed and answer questions as I can, so just PM me if need be.

P.S.: And yeah, I shamelessly copied from Oink, which in turn copied from Moc. Why fix something when it works? :D

The Iyanden Muster

There is the actually deployed Warhost that the High Council of Iyanden committed to the search of Cerwendas and the eventual reawakening of Ishar Bennanesika, the Mother of Terrible Harvest.
   Five of us as deployed so far, with possible backup from at least one other Host in our Wraithships in high orbit:
   -Starrakatt
   -Gwaihir
   -Kubrick54
   -Kiefatar
   -f.desrochers

-Wraith (non deployed, waiting in reserve)

Let's say that's the most formidable gathering of Wraith Warriors I ever witnessed, led by a Council of High Seers and Autarch Lords, bolstered by the might of some of the most elite of our Craftworld's Aspects and the best of the rangers of Iyanden, Pathfinders of many ways and masters at gathering intelligence and reigning supreme in covert operations.
   Harlequins came along, these most mysterious servants of the Laughing God who share a common goal and concern in the retrieving of Ishar Bennanesika.
   And last but not least, providing heavy support, transportation, fast harassment units and logistical support there are the Guardians and Corsairs of Iyanden, mustered in that time of need for the bettering of the Eldar future.

HQ:
- 2 High Farseers (Eldrad equivalents)
- 3 Farseers
- 2 Autarch Lords (Yriel equivalents)
- 6 Spiritseers
- 2 Warlocks

TROOP:
- 50 Wraithguard
- 10 Dire Avengers
- 6 Pathfinders
- 40 Guardian Defenders
- 10 Storm Guardians (Corsairs)
- 3 Guardian Jetbikes

ELITE:
- 4 Wraithguard
- 20 Harlequins

HEAVY SUPPORT:
- 9 Wraithlords
- 1 Ghostwalker (Warwalker)
- 2 Falcons

FAST ATTACK:
- 19 Warp Spiders
- 4 Vypers

LOGISTIC:
- 3 Wave Serpents

Wraith models count: 63
Total model count: 196

That's 63 Wraith units, 9 of these being Wraithlords, and lets say that we could have easily mustered at least (and that's a minimal number) 20 more Wraithguard and 4 Wraithlords more between the five of us if need be (though not necessarily competitive), and that is not counting one that didn't post a list yet.

So lets show them all some Iyanden warcraft out there. The baddies have it coming!

Starky
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:03:56 PM by Starrakatt of the Holy Shotgun »

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
Re: Iyanden Call to Arms: The Walk of the Dead [PoC Campaign]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:18:07 AM »
   There's how the Campaing wil be run, as quoted from Gutstikk from here.

Eldar commanders, gather around - this is how you must lead your forces to battle, and hopefully to victory:

1) This campaign thread will be updated for the week.
- Active Players will be listed in black.
- Deactivated Players will be listed in blue and must sit out until reactivated.
- Standings listed in the first post will be adjusted.
- A new mission will be posted and dated.

2) Get the mission requirements by reading this thread's post dated for the current week.
- Each POC will determine which of the participants get deployed each week.
- This could be as many as all of them, or as few as one.
- Players that are deactivated will be reactivated after sitting out for one mission.
- Organizers may request reactivation of players at the cost of 1 campaign point/player.
- If reactivation is requested, the player's name will change color and a PM will be sent to the organizer to confirm reactivation.

3) Play a game using the mission described in the thread for the current week.
- This game must only feature units as they appear in the army list originally submitted.
- A player can play games smaller than the full 1500 if desired, selecting units from their army list to the appropriate point level.
- An Organizer can request permission for a player to alter their army list at the cost of 5 campaign points; the new list replaces the old one completely - I'll need a copy.
- Some missions will have special variations noted as such at the end of the post.
- Organizers must PM me for permission for each player seeking to use a special variation, and will receive confirmation via PM

4) Each player submits the relevant details of the game they played to their POC organizer.
- This information should include game size, enemy, win/loss/draw, and margin of victory
- If the mission used an available special variation, this should also be noted (some of the missions allow extra risk for better payoff).
- If the player does not score high enough, they become deactivated.
- A deactivated participant must request early reactivation from their POC organizer, or sit out the next mission to repair their forces.

5) POC organizers should PM me any time they wish to spend campaign points, and at the end of each week by Sunday evening with their results for the week.
- Results can be listed as player, game size, opponent, win/loss/draw (for player), and the margin of victory, as well as whether the mssion was Basic or Special.
- Campaign Point expenditure and requests for reactivation/special mission variations can be submitted any time during the week, and confirmation should come by the end of the same day.

-The POC with the most campaign points at the end of the campaign will be the POC to recover Cerwendas. This is the chart to be used in determining the accrual of campaign points by players:

Massacre:        +5 campaign points to POC
Major Victory: +3 campaign points to POC
Minor Victory: +1 campaign point to POC
Draw:               Nothing gained, nothing lost
Minor Defeat:   Deactivation of player
Major Defeat:  -1 campaign point to POC and deactivation of player
Anihilation:      -3 campaign points to POC and deactivation of player

« Last Edit: January 2, 2008, 03:29:58 PM by Starrakatt, the Left Hand of Khaine »

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »
Mission of the Week!

Mission 1: The Arrival (Click to read the story)

Mission 2: Expansion (Click to read the story)

Mission 3: Relics and Ruins (Click to read the story)

Mission 4: Piercing the Veil (Click to read the story)

Mission 5: Morai-Gehna (Click to read the story)

Mission 6: The Hidden Temples of Manoa Weand (Click to read the story)

Mission 7: The Gauntlet (Click to read the story)

Week 1: Seek & Destroy! at Omega level, [Jan 7th - 13th] (Up to 1500 Pts: Click on Mission 1 for details).

Week 2: Recon at Gamma level, [Jan. 14th to Jan. 20th] (with a maximum of 1000pts: Click on Mission 2 for details).

Week 3: Secure & Control at Gamma level, [Jan 21 - Jan 27] (Up to 1500 Pts: Click on Mission 3 for details).

Week 4: Take & Hold at Omega level, [Jan 28th - Feb 4th] (Up to 1500 Pts: Click on Mission 4 for details).

Week 5:Cleanse at Gamma or Omega level, [Feb 4th - Feb 10th] (1000 Pts minimum and up to 1 500 Pts: Click on Mission 5 for details).

Week 6:Strongpoint Attack (Raid Missions), [Feb 11th - Feb 17th] (1000 Pts minimum and up to 1 500 Pts: Click on Mission 6 for details).

Week 7:Blitz! (Check Rulebook), [Feb 18th - Mar 3rd] (With a minimum of 1250 pts)

Who battled and for which results
Also: Click Here to know of the Craftworlds' actual Campaign Standings

@Starrakatt:
-Battle 1: Heavy fighting was reported against Imperial Guard shadows, the battle dragging for a long time. When dust finally settled, only the Silver Ghosts were left standing.
-Battle 2: Shadows of an Alaitoc like force embushed the Silver Ghost recon team. Both sides took heavy losses but the warped Eldar lookalikes finally retreated, leaving the recon team's survivors to further explore the place.
-Battle 3: Deamons took the apperance of T'au to try to contest the Relics from the Silver Ghosts. The Iyanden troops took mastery of the battle and the Wraith Warriors walked unhindered. Though painful casualties were taken by the living, the returning wrathfull and righteous blow was enough to drive the enemy from the field and secure a confortable victory.
-Battle 4: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 5: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 6: Battled deceptives shadows of long dead Eldar, meeting Wraithguard and Wraithlord imitation. Combat was fierce as can be expected from Eldar meeting in battle and the margin of victory slight but in the end the Silver Ghosts prevailed and finally took hold of the famed Cerwendas!
-Battle 7: The Silver Ghosts battled their way out of the ruined city, holding the deamonic hordes at bay (mech IG) to make the escape of the  various Iyanden warhosts possible, finally suceeding to reach the Web Portals and escape the haunted city.

@françois:
-Battle 1: Heavy fighting was also reported, seemingly Grey Knights of the Imperium  launching themselves at the elite Iyanden warriors but the warped deamons broke like water on a rock and were utterly destroyed.
-Battle 2: Deamons under the aspect of Ork Speed Freaks ran the gauntlet for the Iyanden reconnoiter group but were stopped short by heavy firepower and brutal assault. No Orks where seen to escape the field.
-Battle 3: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 4: Again the foul spawning of the Warp took form from the Imperial Inquisition lackeys and succeeded in mauling badly Ihr'Vessen spearhead before reinforcement could come in support, himself being sorely wounded by an embushing deamon. But although hard pressed and leaderless, the Iyanden warriors quickly regained battlefield control and secured a foothold in the Gates sector, waiting for reinforcement.
-Battle 6: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 7: Warped deamons took the aspect of Imperial Grey knights again, the foul spawning trying cut off the swift retreating of the Iyanden force, but to no avail. Despite heavy casualities, the creatures were pushed back and driven off, massacred, allowing the glorious Eldar through to the Webway, finally leaving the cursed world forever with the grand prize!

@Kiefatar:
-Battle 1: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 2: Warlord Kiefatar encountered foes in the form of Tau from the far galactic east but the Iyanden's deamonic opponents weren't a match for the brutal might of the scouting force and were destroyed or driven back from the exploratory grounds.
-Battle 3: Battle was met and the Warp monstrosities took that mantle of Orks and renegade Eldars into an unholy alliance! Their goal seemed to have been to drive the Iyanden soldiery into disarray and confusion but the foul spawn undersetimated the resolve of the dead and were crushed utterly.
-Battle 4: Awaiting the Iyanden forces, shadows of dead Eldar warriors met the Ghost Warriors head on but the attack proved disorganised and weak, giving an easy victory to Warlord Kiefatar's group.
-Battle 5: Reconoiting ahead of the Iyanden forces, Kiefatar met fierce resistance from Orkoid Deamons and despite destroying many, had to pull back from the battle to recover from heavy losses.
-Battle 7: Didn't met the enemy.

@Kubrick:
-Battle 2: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 4: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 5: Surging from the rear where he'd been covering and supporting the Iyanden push, Warlord Kubrick sent forth his troop to relieve Kiefatar in his retreat, the deamons changelings taking thr forms of Imperial Guard to try to pound away the Iyanden force but not to avail and all of the deamonic hordes were destroyed in their attempt, securing a solid foothold for the Eldar to entrenche.
-Battle 7: Didn't met the enemy.

@Gwaihir:
-Battle 2: Didn't met the enemy.
-Battle 4: Ditn't met the enemy.
-Battle 7: Never met the enemy, providing behind the lines support.

@Wraith:
-Battle 1: Keeping watch from orbit.
-Battle 2: Keeping watch from orbit.
-Battle 3: Keeping watch from orbit.
-Battle 4: Keeping watch from orbit.
-Battle 5: Keeping watch from orbit.
-Battle 6: Keeping watch from orbit.
-Battle 7: Kept a lookout on the Fleet while others were busy.

If possible at all, each of us should plan for at minimal of 1 game each (and preferably 2 and more) in the 6 following weeks if we want to stay in the race with the other PoCs.
   Both Victories and Defeats are expected, so there's no need to have a fit and kill your opponent if you happen to lose a match (as well, try to not get killed by an angry player!).
   But lets say we try to win gentlemen, right? ;D

I will keep this Mission of the Week! thread updated each week as well as the list of the Warlords who participated to each Mission.

Please, remember not to post your battle results openly as to not freely give to much detrimental Intelligence to our competitors compatriots. ;)

Also:
Quote from: Gutstikk
4) Each player submits the relevant details of the game they played to their POC organizer
- This information should include game size, enemy, win/loss/draw, and margin of victory
- If the mission used an available special variation, this should also be noted (some of the missions allow extra risk for better payoff).
- If the player does not score high enough, they become deactivated.
- A deactivated participant must request early reactivation from their POC organizer, or sit out the next mission to repair their forces.
   When PMing me the results, as quoted above, keep in mind that I am NEVER available any Sunday after 6:00 PM due to work schedule and will only be available Monday at 8:00 AM if there are questions or requests.

This mean that if there is a game planned by a participant to be played a Sunday evening I need to be informed so that I will myself PM any results that I've already received to ;f.desrochers, Deputy Warlord, who in turn will will receive any Sunday evening results and PM them to Gutstikk in a single post as required for the smooth running of the Campaign.
   If it would happens that you play a Campaign battle a Sunday evening, you will have to PM the (Deputy Warlord: f.desrochers)  by yourself with your results.

Victory for Iyanden!

Starky
« Last Edit: March 3, 2008, 09:20:13 AM by Starrakatt of the Overzealous Shotgun »

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 10:56:10 AM »
Of army lists and adhering to fluff:
And
All of the Iyanden Muster army lists!

It is assumed and expected to have the player's list include Wraith units and that to keep in line with Iyanden fluff, unless some fluff twist be used to justify a Wraithless list.
   A good guideline for traditionnal Iyanden army composition would be to include at least two Wraith units in their army list and of these, one should be a Wraithguard squad, which would not necessarily need to be taken as a Troop selection  (Note that isn't compulsory, only a suggestion).
   As Troop choices goes, Wraithguard, Dire Avengers and Rangers/Pathfinders are all well and good. Guardians of all variety (Defender, Storm and Jetbike) should IMHO be kept as a 0-1 choice at the pts level involved (1 500 Pts and less) but that's my view of things, so feel free to share your own point of view about this if need be.
   Also, some units that could seems unfluffy or unrealistic from an Iyanden PoV may well find a niche in your Iyanden force if plausible fluff is presented or if models are converted in an appropriate way (For example, I have Jetbikes with removed drivers in the process of being converted into spirit driven drones, also use easily converted "Ghostwalkers" which are Warwalkers with WL heads: You see what I mean).
   Anyway, unless you are planning to post Pics/Batreps it doesn't really matter, right? ;)

Here's also an extract from Gutstick's PoC Conflict Campaign thread on how to create your force:
Quote from: Gutstick
   Because this question has already come up and I see it coming up again, here is an example of the concept of using a single master list for your army for the campaign:

Make a 1500pts list that is full of units that would be effective in a smaller army. Some games may see your force operating at less than full power, and some players may not be able to find opponents with a full 1500pt army and therefore need to scale down their games in order to play.
   The thing is, the units selected in your 1500pt army list are the only units you will get to field during the campaign, and they must be configured exactly the same as they are configured in the 1500pt list.

Here is an example of what I mean, using a sample 1500pt list of my own [not Biel-Tan]. For the sake of the example, assume for a particular campaign match I can only find an opponent with a 750pt army, so for this game I can only use 750pts.
   Units printed in blue in the following list are the ones I pick for that 750pt match:

155: Y'sil:  Counts as Yriel   
  98: Nualla:      Doomseer w/ Spear, Runes of Warding       
135: ST Guard: 8 + 2x Melta; Warlock w/ Enhance, Spear
130: Serpent:   ShCannon, VE + Stones
105: D Guard:   10 w/ Starcannon
105: D Guard:   same   
120: Pfinders:   5
  75: Vyper:     EML+Cannon
  75: Vyper:     same
137: Hawks:     5; Exarch upgrade, Sunrifle, Intercept
140: Reapers:   4
125: Prism:      Stones
100: Vibros:     2

Note that this can't be made to come out to 750 exactly because I cannot alter the units I have selected in any way. Note also that in this list, it might not be able to be broken into smaller pieces so effectively because I didn't consider that need when designing it.

For this reason, it will be helpful to consider the army list from the smallest sizes you are likely to work with [1000pts being a good benchmark for most, as I will not establish a mission limit lower than that] and then add to it to build an effective 1500pt list.

Generally, the matches will always have a 1500pt "ceiling" and no floor, though some missions may have a lower ceiling and the first mission will be a 1500pts match [as the POC enters the nightmare system in force]. Additionally, there will be some games where an opportunity exists to earn some bonus points, and some where defeat may be a bit more costly.

All missions will be using VPs - some will be the special scenarios, which have less VPs available and these will be towards the end [as they will be more difficult in general]. These missions also have modified FOCs in some cases, meaning players may not have their entire force available.

For simplicity's sake, there is the format that you may want to use when typing your list (Just do a copy paste of the following prior to type your list):

HQ:    Pts ( %)

ELITE:    Pts ( %)

TROOP:    Pts ( %)

HEAVY:    Pts ( %)

FAST:    Pts ( %)

So there's my own list, blue characters is my own example of a 1K choice.

Iyanden's Silver Ghosts Strike Force

HQ: 130 Pts (8.66%)
 -Rabaddun Err'Lin, Farseer with Spirit Stones, Fortune, Doom - 130 Pts
 An experimented seer, he is often found leading the Silver Ghosts to battle.

ELITE: 168 Pts (11.2%)
 -Harlequins X 6 with Shadowseer, Death Jester, Kisses X 5 - 168 Pts
 Harlequins of the Laughing God have a special interest in the Cerwendas artifact and in unsealing Ishar Bennanesika, a unique and very powerfull instrument in defeating Chaos.

TROOP: 670 Pts (44.66%)
 -Landguard (Wraithguard) X 10 with Spiritseer and Conceal - 396 Pts
 The Silverguard, core of the Silver Ghosts, are the frontliner of that very dedicated Iyanden strike force and is always found in the thickest of the fighting where their might and resiliance is often the keystone to victory.

-Pathfinders X 6 - 144 Pts.
 These hardened travelers, children of dying Iyanden, provide first hand scouting and tactical intelligence to the 'Ghosts.

-Guardian Defenders X 10 with EML, Warlock and Embolden - 130 Pts
 Leave the poets and singers at Home. These are bonesingers, technicians, pilots, navigators and armorers . They are also medics, councilors and scientists. They form the backbone of logistical support for the Strike Force and support the main push from the rear line of battle.

HEAVY: 355 Pts (23.66%)
 -Firelord (Wraithlord) with Scatter Laser, EML, Flamer X 2 - 135 Pts
 -Lancelord (Wraithlord) with Brightlance, EML, Flamer X 2 - 155 Pts
 Each of these Wraithlord are mighty Spiritlords, former Exarch and Autarch and both members of the Silver Ghosts tactical command.

-Ghostwalker (Warwalker) with Scatter Laser X 2, Spirit Stone - 65 Pts
 Ghostwalkers are heavily modified Warwalkers outfitted to be piloted by a combination of a former Aspect Warrior's soulstone and a virtual phantom computer without the need of a live pilot, thus sparing valuable manpower for elsewhere.

FAST: 176 Pts (11.73%)
 -Warp Spiders X 8 - 176 Pts
 Some of the few remaining and most elite of Iyanden's Aspect Warriors, they provide the slow wraith units with some well needed mobility and surprise element.

TOTAL: 1 499 Pts
TOTAL: 1000 Pts Alternatively, I could exchange the Harlies or Spiders or both for wraithlords, depending on Missions.

Scoring Units: 8
Models: 46
Scoring Units: 4 (Though that may change depending on mission)
Models: 37

The force, when whole (ie. 1 500 Pts), is built around multiple redundancy when it come to units effectiveness on the battlefield and be relatively competitive against all comers.
   Each of the selected units have the capability, if not the specialisation, to affect Vehicles(from light to heavy armour), MCs and Infantry to a degree.
   With that in mind, mobility come into question since it is largely footslogging, although I find it to be compensated by resilience and sheer firepower.

Starky

Gwaihir

HQ; 210 pts (14 %)
-Fa'alorath (Eldrad)

Elites; 178 pts (12 %)
-4x Harlies; Shadowseer; 5x Kisses; Troupemaster with power weapon = 178 Pts

Troops; 596 pts (40 %)
-10x Wraithguard; Spiritseer, Conceal = 396 Pts
-10x Guardians; EML = 100 Pts
-10x Guardians; EML = 100 Pts

Heavy; 330 pts (22 %)
-Falcon; 2x Shuricannons, VE, SS, HF = 195 Pts
-Wraithlord; 2x Flamers, EML, Scatterlaser = 135 Pts

Fast Attack; 180 pts (12 %)
-Vyper; 2x Shuricannons = 60 Pts

Total=1494

Kubrick54

HQ: 243 Pts (16 %)
-Prince Yriel of Iyanden = 155 Pts
-Farseer w/ Singing spear, Fortune = 88 Pts

Elite: 304 Pts (20.5 %)
-4 X Wraithguards W/Spiritseer, Singing spear, Destructor = 184 Pts
 +Wave serpent(Twin Shurican and Shurican) and spirit stones = 120 Pts

Troops: 671 Pts (45 %)
-10 X Wraithguards W/Spiritseer, Singing spear, Conceal = 399 Pts
-10 X Storm guardians W/ 2 flamers, warlock, Enhance = 132 Pts
 +Wave serpent (Twin shurican and shurican), Spirit stone, Vectored engines = 140 Pts

Heavy: 275 Pts (18.5 %)
-Wraithlord w/Bright lance , EML, Shuricat/flamer = 155 Pts
-Wraithlord w/Scatter laser, Shurican, Shuricat/flamer = 120 Pts

Total: 1493 Pts

Kiefatar

HQ: 365 Pts (24.3%)
-Yriel of Iyanden = 155 Pts
-Eldrad = 210 Pts

Elites: 208 Pts (13.9%)
-Harlies X 8 w/ Shadowseer (Upgrade), Death Jester (upgrade), and 6 Kisses = 208 Pts

Troops: 475 Pts (31.7%)
-Wraithguard x 10 + Spiritseer w/Spear, Conceal = 399 Pts
-Jetbikes x3 w/Shuri-Cannon = 76 Pts

Heavy Support: 300 Pts (20.0%)
-Wraithlord w/Bright Lance, Scatter Laser, 2x Flamers = 150 Pts
-Wraithlord w/Bright Lance, Scatter Laser, 2x Flamers = 150 Pts

Fast Attack: 152 Pts (10.1%)
-Warpspiders X 5, Exarch (upgrade) w/ Dual Spinners, Power Blades, Withdraw = 152 Pts

Total: 1 500 Pts

F.Desrochers

HQ: 125 Pts (8.3%)
-Farseer Ihr'Vessen w/ spirit stones, Fortune, Guide = 125 Pts

ELITE: None (0%)

TROOP: 698 Pts (46.5%)
-10 Wraithguard led by Spiritseer el-al' Farris w/ Enhance = 396 Pts
-10 Dire Avengers led by Exarch al' Dakkar w/ power weapon and shimmershield, Bladestorm and Wave Serpent w/ twin-linked shuriken cannons, shuriken cannon upgrade and spirit stones = 302 Pts

HEAVY SUPPORT: 455 pts (30%)
-Falcon w/ shuriken cannon, shuriken cannon upgrade, spirit stones, holofield = 175 Pts
-Wraithlord al' Ydrin w/ twin flamers, brightlance, wraithsword = 140 Pts
-Wraithlord al' Qagiri w/ twin flamers, brightlance, wraithsword = 140 Pts

FAST ATTACK: 217 Pts (14.5%)
-Vyper w/ shuriken cannon, shuriken cannon upgrade, spirit stones = 70 Pts
-5 Warp Spiders led by Exarch al' Rakkir w/ death spinner, Withdraw = 147 Pts

TOTAL: 1 495 Pts
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 10:11:33 AM by Starrakatt of the Holy Shotgun »

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:10:21 PM »
Keep in mind if you do not feel your list has a good shot at an individual mission you are entitled to sit out, so long as at least one member competes each week. This may be a necessity on occasion to prevent losing Campaign Points, and should be considered a valid strategy if need be.

Additionally, not every list needs reflect the craftworld doctrines exactly [unless this is what your POC decides]. It is not unlikely that units rare to a given craftworld might be lumped into a single division to fight together. Something to think about, though it is of course better if the forces stick to the general themes of the POC. Especially since you guys have some pretty good material in the works if I'm not mistaken.

Best of luck, and have Rubrick54 post into the main thread with intent to participate for Iyanden [as an ally, or as a member of the POC].

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 10:51:14 PM »
Good to see our Iyanden Bretheren going the call to battle. Best of Luck to you all.

Nice point about mixing up the lists a bit there and the stratagy Gutstikk.

CaHG.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 11:27:31 AM »
I hit you guys last so that your thread goes to the top of the lists, in case any others see it and wish to join Iyanden during the campaign - it looks like at the moment it may just be you two, which could be good or bad. The campaign is designed with risks involved that balance out larger factions with smaller ones, so don't worry too much.

Here is the link to the mission thread which will be updated weekly:

POC Campaign Mission Thread

This thread will remain locked so any questions [should some arise] should be directed to me via Starrakatt. Continue to use this thread after registration to discuss how you will approach each mission and whether or not both of you will commit to action. This will be the hardest for you, as at least one player should do so each week. Also, you may want to discuss what special actions you should take here, but keep your Campaign Points total secret - knowledge of this could influence the decisions of your rivals.

With only the two of you so far everything could probably be discussed via PM in secret, but the benefit to doing discussion publicly is that others will see the struggle of Iyanden and possibly regret not raising their banners to fight alongside yours.

The mission thread will be updated this evening with the rules.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »
   Thanks Gutstick for the update and the special attention.

Hopefully some other(s) Iyanden player(s) will want to join in the campaign soon. It may just be the fact that we are actually still in the festive period that some of us just haven't the time/mood to involve themselves in the forum right now.

I hope it'll change soon though if it is the case. Oh well.

Starky

Oh, and you're all wrong: Iyanden rule! :P

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 08:20:31 PM »
I do hereby tender my lists for the campaign. Due to some of the list creation rules that I missed, I was forced to go back and completely revamp it in focus and design.

Edit: See Below for 'Final' list.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2008, 08:19:17 PM by Kiefatar »
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline kubrick54

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 09:52:35 PM »
Allright guys, here is my list for 1500 pts:

HQ: 243

Prince Yriel of Iyanden

Farseer w/ Singing spear, Fortune

Elite: 304

4 Wraithguards W/Spiritseer, Singing spear, Destructor, Wave serpent(Twin Shurican and Shurican) and spirit stones

Troops: 677

10 Wraithguards W/Spiritseer, Singing spear, Conceal

10 Storm guardians W/ 2 flamers, warlock, Enhance, Wave serpent (Twin shurican and shurican), Spirit stones and Vectored engines

Heavy: 275

Wraithlord w/Bright lance , EML, Shuricat/flamer

Wraithlord w/Scatter laser, Shurican, Shuricat/flamer

Offline Wraith

• Death Before Dishonour
« Reply #10 on: January 1, 2008, 09:17:49 AM »
While I cannot guarantee a particularly active stint throughout teh campaign, I would like to add my name to the list of Iyanden Players on the off chance that I find some free time and manage to get a game together at some point.

Army list coming... eventually. Please watch this space.  ;)

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #11 on: January 1, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
   Thanks Kiefatar, Kubrick54 and Wraith for joining that most important quest! Your name will be remembered forever in the songs of heroes.

Kiefatar: A potent list that you refined here. I guess that if you manage to include either Yriel or the Harlies in a 1K list you will be fine CC wise.

Kubrick54: Hi! I don't doubt you're going to put a challenge on everyone with that variant of your main list.
   The only thing where I'm positively horrified is the lack of V-Engine on the WG's Serpent but I really can't see where you could find the points though so good luck!

Wraith: Thanks for involving yourself despite a possible lack of availability, though I sure hope you will be able to run a game from time to time. On the drawing board with that list, I long to see it! :)

Everyone keep in mind that at 1000 pts you can shuffle your list around from game to game if need be, it doesn't have to stay the same, only to take root from the original 1500 pts (complete units and all upgrades) and that you have up to the 4th January to write, update/change list before they become official.

For Iyanden! Because WE, of course, rule!

Starky
« Last Edit: January 2, 2008, 03:47:08 PM by Starrakatt, the Left Hand of Khaine »

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #12 on: January 3, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »
Ok, I'll try to join up.  I don't have a list yet, but it may look something like:

HQ 210

Farseer Fa'alorath (Eldrad)

Troops 800

10x Wraithguard, Spiritseer, Conceal

Elites 160

6x Harlies, 5x Kisses, Troupemaster with power weapon, Shadowseer

Heavy 210

Falcon, 2x Shuricannons, VE, SE, SS, HF

Fast Attack 120

Vyper, 2x Shuricannons
Vyper, 2x Shuricannons

This isn't my final list, just my starting point.  I'll update it later.

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #13 on: January 3, 2008, 11:09:32 AM »
HQ 210
Farseer Fa'alorath (Eldrad) Looking mighty Ulthwe, just kidding, he is a solid HQ for your troops.

Troops 800
10x Wraithguard, Spiritseer, Conceal Your math is off by 2 points (I know that you know that, I just like to nitpick). seriously scary for any army that I field.... Holy bubble of resilience. Oouch to your opponents and nicely chosen.

Elites 160
6x Harlies, 5x Kisses, Troupemaster with power weapon, Shadowseer Oh, you fit all that into 160pts, as the Troupmaster will put you up closer to 180, any he is not required if you use them well. With the Falcon I have seen these guys (6 with Shadowseee, and kisses al around 162) go through pretty well anything if positioned well. Good choice to ofset your slower less assaulty parts.

Heavy 210
Falcon, 2x Shuricannons, VE, SE, SS, HF I never needed the Starengines, it just takes me an extra turn sometimes to get there; but again, a serious contender and excellent choice.

Fast Attack 120
Vyper, 2x Shuricannons
Vyper, 2x Shuricannons Obviously you are going to spread these out over 3 units..... Yes.... anyway, I prefer the Scatterlaser and Shuri-cannon varient for that first turn ranged snipe option; but I hav used these well enough too. So another great choice (harrasing firepower) to compliment your army.

This isn't my final list, just my starting point.  I'll update it later. All in all an excellent starting point, if you need to shave points, you can drop the singing spear form your Warlocks, but I think your math (when you tweek the Harlies) will put you at 1500pts bang on.  I think you may be pressed for smaller games though, as there is little you can drop and keep all this effective synergy, especially since your HQ and Troops are 1008 points already.

Sorry for evesdropping guys..... but its so hard to resist.... And its in my Blood to gather information and use it to improve my Host. Wicked 1.5k list there Ghairhir, I would be hard pressed to beat it with my list. Good luck int he Campaign guys and remember the principle goal is to quell the Mon-Kiegh

Saim-Hann Rule !

CaHG

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #14 on: January 3, 2008, 11:35:30 AM »
   Thanks for the support Gwaihir! You've been absent for some time so I was a little worried. :D

It's conforting to know that some other good experience is making it's way in.

For the 1500 pts thing, I'm sure you will do well, especially as you go down the way of your specialty, the WG Anvil and Falcon Hammer. We seem to lack some heavy skimmer's might so far so your Falcon will be a welcome addition.

Like Moc said, it may be a problem for you with your actual setup if you have to play at 1K but then you may just not go for them at all since most games will be played at the 1500 pts range anyway.
   I sure can manage to battle the 1000 pts runs if need be so it's okay if one or two of our forces aren't breakable into 1k and under. Plus it give us a real mean force for the large battles, so I'd say go for it!

Quote from: Moc65

Sorry for evesdropping guys..... but its so hard to resist.... And its in my Blood to gather information and use it to improve my Host. Wicked 1.5k list there Gwaihir, I would be hard pressed to beat it with my list. Good luck int he Campaign guys and remember the principle goal is to quell the Mon-Keigh

Saim-Hann Rule !
   Thanks Moc, I'm sure all Eldar will benefit from that quest, and some healthy competition is never a bad thing: It gathers energetic people and these are the future for us Eldar if we are to endure.
But then Moc is wrong: Iyanden rule!

Oh, and happy New Year all! (I know, I'm late)

Starky

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #15 on: January 3, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »
Quote from: Starrakatt
Thanks for the support Gwaihir! You've been absent for some time so I was a little worried.

I had family visiting over the holidays, so have had little free time.

Quote from: MOC
Elites 160
6x Harlies, 5x Kisses, Troupemaster with power weapon, Shadowseer Oh, you fit all that into 160pts, as the Troupmaster will put you up closer to 180, any he is not required if you use them well. With the Falcon I have seen these guys (6 with Shadowseee, and kisses al around 162) go through pretty well anything if positioned well. Good choice to ofset your slower less assaulty parts.

I don't have my codex with me, so I was sort of guessing on points.  It is just my starting point.

Like Moc said, it may be a problem for you with your actual setup if you have to play at 1K but then you may just not go for them at all since most games will be played at the 1500 pts range anyway.
   I sure can manage to battle the 1000 pts runs if need be so it's okay if one or two of our forces aren't breakable into 1k and under. Plus it give us a real mean force for the large battles, so I'd say go for it!

I wasn't thinking of smaller games.  Truth be told, I don't quite understand how this system is supposed to work.  I thought it would be something like show up at my shop with the list and rules and find someone willing to play.  If that is how it works, I don't think I'll have to worry about games less than 1500 points.  If that isn't how it works, could someone enlighten me?

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #16 on: January 3, 2008, 12:14:36 PM »
Quote from: Starrakatt
Thanks for the support Gwaihir! You've been absent for some time so I was a little worried.

I had family visiting over the holidays, so have had little free time.
   Wasn't serious, I guess most of us spent some quality family time last week. ;)

I wasn't thinking of smaller games.  Truth be told, I don't quite understand how this system is supposed to work.  I thought it would be something like show up at my shop with the list and rules and find someone willing to play.  If that is how it works, I don't think I'll have to worry about games less than 1500 points.
   That's just that. Missions will usually be standard missions played at Gamma level (though some may have special objectives, known or not by the opponent).
   Most (if not all) will be at the 1500pts level.

I believe that the smaller games are more to accommodate players that doesn't necessarily have (or face opponents with) big enough armies. So theres a rooftop of 1.5K for the games but there's no bottom point wise, if you see what I mean.

Iyanden Rule!

Starky
« Last Edit: January 3, 2008, 12:16:59 PM by Starrakatt of the Holy Shotgun »

Yes you are being dense.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »
As I mentioned

(162) Harlequins - 6: Shadowseer and 6 Kisses.
     This unit would fit perfectly into your 1500 pt list and it is very good as what it does when combined with the Falcon (especially the way you have it).

As for the Army list Composition, your right, build a 1.5K list and take it to your local shop with the Weeks Missions and Scenerio and find a player to go against. The only thing about having it able to breakdown in points size is that there are potential bonuses for playing with a smaller force than your opponent, and there may be certain Missions where a 1K varient would be more appropriate. I don't think that you will necessarily be forces to field a smaller force all that often, so it really should not be a problem.

Good to see your return Gwaihir, and I hope you had a great holiday season.

Oh and for all of us in the Campaign,.... ** Eldar Rule **

CaHG

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2008, 08:18:28 PM »
The final list, I swear :)

I do hereby tender my lists for the campaign. Due to some of the list creation rules that I missed, I was forced to go back and completely revamp it in focus and design.

The list is as follows, Red units are taken at 1000 point games.

HQ 365 (24.3%)

155 - Yriel of Iyanden

210 - Eldrad

Elites 208 (13.9%)

208 - 8 Harlies w/ Shadowseer(Upgrade), Death Jester(upgrade), and 6 Kisses

Troops 475 (31.7%)

399 - Wraithguard x 10 + Warlock w/Spear, Conceal, Spiritseer

76 - Jetbikes x3 w/Shuri-Cannon

Fast Attack 152 (10.1%)

152 - 4 Warpsiders + 1 Exarch w/ Dual Spinners, Power Blades, Withdraw

Heavy Support 300 (20.0%)

150 - Wraithlord w/Bright Lance, Scatter Laser, 2x Flamers

150 - Wraithlord w/Bright Lance, Scatter Laser, 2x Flamers

The basic battle-plan has changed very little. At 1000, I have little in the way of assault elements save Wraithlords, which are by no means bad, but they aren't Harlies for sure. I hope to be able to Mind War any troublesome powerfist armed models out of the way before they break upon my lines. The Jetbikes provide a swift mobile element to harrass and funnel the enemies into my Wraith-Line. At the full 1500 I will have a quite potent assault element that can run around free or linked to the Wraith-Line for added protection. The entirety of the army is built with defense in mind, between the Jetbikes, Harlies and Warp Spiders being very hard to catch, and Wraiths with their characteristic resilience.

Edit: Reason for changes...

1. I don't want my farseer to eat his own head. As amusing as it is.
2. I need to make my Wraithlords count so Double Guide could be nice.
3. 2x Mindwar is better than 1x Mindwar, and since he wasn't on a jetbike anyways...
4. Divination is quite sweet with my slow army.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2008, 08:23:13 PM by Kiefatar »
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »
   Hi Kiefatar!

I was reading your list and was wondering why you wouldn't specialise more your Wraithlords?
   Like they are now they sure can both do light AT and crowd control (to a point) but woudn't it be better to specialise, say, one WL with a BL/EML combo (155 pts) and the other with EML/SL (135pts), Starcannon/SL (140pts) or Starcannon/EML (145 pts)?
   Some of these combination would also give you some more points for Harlies upgrades.

Also, you seem to have a concern for smaller list regarding CC. In that case I would consider dropping the Spear for the Spiritseer for a single attack in CC with a Witch weapon (especially against things like Dreads) isn't that great.
   There's also the fact that 10 Wraithcannons shot will also usually do the job against any vehicles susceptible to come into range.

Your call. ;)

Starky

Yes you are being dense.