News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hive Fleet Chimaera vs Feral Saints (SM) 1500 pts  (Read 974 times)

Offline Zombie_dla

Hive Fleet Chimaera vs Feral Saints (SM) 1500 pts
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »
Hive Fleet Chimaera vs Feral Saints
Mission: Seize Ground
Deployment: Spearhead

The Hive Fleet:
Hive Fleet Chimaera
1500(1500) pts
HQ – Hive Tyrant 143 pts
   (Winged, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons x2)
HQ – Broodlord 222 pts
   (Feeder Tendrils, Toxin Sacs, Flesh Hooks)
   X8(Genestealers, Flesh Hooks)
Troops – Genestealer Brood (10) 170 pts
   (Feeder Tendrils)
Troops – Genestealer Brood (10) 170 pts
   (Feeder Tendrils)
Troops – Hormagaunt Brood (16) 192 pts
   (Toxin Sacs)
Troops – Termagant Brood (22) 132 pts

Heavy Support – Carnifex 148 pts
   (Enhanced Senses, Barbered Strangler, Venom Cannon)
Heavy Support – Carnifex 148 pts
   (Enhanced Senses, Barbered Strangler, Venom Cannon)
Heavy Support – Zoanthropes (3) 175 pts
   X3(Warp Blast)
   X1(Synapse Creature)

The Feral Saints(Not exact list, writing from memory and the pictures)
HQ – Maste of the Forge
   (Conversion beamer)
Troops – Tactical Squad (10)
   (Plasma cannon, plasma gun, Rhino)
Troops – Tactical Squad (10)
   (Plasma cannon, plasma gun, Rhino)
Fast Attack – Assault Squad (10)
   (Flamer, veteran with fist, )
Elites – Sternguard Veterans (10)
   (Rhino)
Heavy Support – Devastator Squad (2x5)
   (Heavy bolters)
Heavy Support – Devastator Squad (2x5)
   (Missile Launchers)

Here’s the battlefield:

It’s slightly smaller than the standard table size so to not make the distance between our armies too short we set up on the short table edges. The Feral Saints set up first. Using his Master of The Forge he improves the cover save of the large ruin, lowering the save to 3+. After that I set up my force. The objectives are marked 1, 2 and 3.

I use ’Seize the Initiative’ to get first turn without thinking whether it’ll be good or bad for me. I succeed.

Tyranid 1st Turn
I move forward. Not much to say. Only thing I managed to do was to stun the Rhino filled with Vanguard Veterans with one of my carnies.

Feral Saints 1st Turn
He moves forward with two of his Rhinoes (the third one being stunned, hi-hi) and unloads two Tactical squads right in front of my Hive Tyrant. One of his Devastator squad move to get a better view of the battlefield. One of the Tac. squads wounds one of my Zoans. The other completely annihilates my Hive Tyrant in one volley of bolter and plasma death! What I deserve for being so thoughtless.

Tyranid 2nd Turn
More action this round. My Broodlord arrives! But ofcourse, he enters play from the least favourable table edge. One of the carnifex kill one Devastator. Two of the Zoanthropes decimates a Tac. squad with warp blasts. The Hormies zooms in to finish the job (I underestimated that 12” when I really needed to assault the other squad, grr).

Feral Saints 2nd Turn
The Sternguard disembark from  their Rhino to decimate my termagants with bolter fire. The Rhino gets his share too when he manage to nail one gaunt. The Devastators manage to wound a Zoanthrope and the Assault squad burn quite a few Hormies to crisps. Oh boy, do I get shot up good!

Tyranid 3rd Turn
One of my Carnies somehow manages to blast six of my own Gaunts to smithereens with his barbered strangler but he also shakes the Sternguards’ Rhino. A Zoanthrope blasts two Assault marines and my Hormies assault and kill one Tac. Marines. One Hormagaunt survive the retaliation and holds the squad.

Feral Saints 3rd Turn
His Devastators totally annihilate one of my Stealer squads. The Sternguard moves up to kill my synapse Zoanthrope. Some more stealers die due to the Assault marines’ flamer and bolters.  My Termagants are killed and the Assault marines die when they assault my Broodlord.

Tyranid 4th Turn
My two Carnies kill one Sternguard each. My last Zoanthrope kills two Devastators with his warp blast. I charge the remaining heavy bolter Devs with my Broodlord (and what’s left of his retinue) and his last Tac. squad with my Genestealer brood. The Broodlord kills the entire combat squad of Devs and the Stealers kills five Tacs in assault. I lose one stealer but the assault is won by me, the Tacs fail their Ld-roll but I roll higher on sweeping advance and they lose one or two more marines to No Retreat!

Feral Saints 4th Turn
The Sternguard move in on my Carnifex (the one with the 3rd ed. model) and wound in two times with a hail of Hellfire rounds. The Genestealers finish of the last Tac. Squad. The missile launcher Devs that had been hiding behind the ruin embark on one of the Rhino and speed around the ruin towards my last squad of Genestealers who now are hugging the objective (2).

Tyranid 5th Turn
My idiot Carnifex manage to scatter the large blast marker on top of Broodlord, killing his entire retinue. Whoops! My Broodlord turns around to try and immobilize the Rhino behind him (So that it doesn’t contest against the Stealers’ objective!) but fails.

Feral Saints 5th Turn
The Veterans unleash another volley of hellfire rounds on the same Carnifex as before, killing it outright! The Master of the Forge kills two of the Stealers hugging the objective with his conversion beamer. One of the Rhino tries to dash through the small ruins but is immobilized. Ouch! My opponent rolls for another round, and another round it is!

Tyranid 6th Turn
The Broodlord continues to attack the Rhino and this time he stuns it. My Genestealers go to ground (why didn’t I think about that before?) and my last Carnifex fails to harm the Sternguard.

Feral Saints 6th Turn
The veterans move in to attack my last Zoanthrope. One wound is all it takes and the already wounded Zoan is gone. I lose some more stealers to bolter fire to the Missile Devs that just arrived with their Rhino. The second and third Rhino fires some shots at the Stealers but wound none.

Tyranid 7th Turn
Finally, the Broodlord wrecks the Rhino! The Carnifex manage to kill one more Sternguard and that’s about it. My Stealers keep hugging that objective!

Feral Saints 7th Turn
The Sternguard shoots my Broodlord two smithereens. Everyone else focus their fire on my Stealers and kill all but one, leading me to a narrow victory! My remaining carnifex gloats over his victory (despite being an idiot and blowing two of my units up).

My victory came from destroying his Tac. squads (and only troop choice). I was extremely lucky that one stealer survived and succeeded his Morale test after the Broodlord was killed. Reminds me of my last three games  ::). Another narrow victory for Hive Fleet Chimaera!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Hive Fleet Chimaera vs Feral Saints (SM) 1500 pts
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:34:04 AM »
I loved your turnmrker and the sneaking feline. I am happy to see it did not disrupt gameplay by chewing on the Master of the Forge.
Congratulations on your victory.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Zombie_dla

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:44:25 AM »
Yeah, my opponent asked me if he could use my cat as a Titan this game. I declined ;)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »
Someone hired my pet rat at one point for 400 points for a FB game.

"Yeah, put it on the table, and whatver it knocks over in teh first three minutes are counted as casualties". He played Skaven of course. A risky gamble...

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Zombie_dla

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:02:32 AM »
lol, sound like alot of fun