News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chapter  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Adam500

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
Chapter
« on: October 17, 2002, 09:24:43 AM »
Ok Im still tryin to decide what chapter my army should be. If I can find my bloody copy of the Armageddon Codex I'll have it narrowed down to Salamanders, and any chapter in the space marine Codex cept for black templars. The only reason I refuse to play Black Templars is my uncle plays them. Any suggestions? I need it to be simple to paint as I cant paint worth beans.

Offline Wolf Raider

• Wolfraider's Den
Re:Chapter
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 10:51:17 AM »
What fighting style do you like?  Shooty, assault, fast attack, heavy armor?  That will have a big impact on what army you should think about.

My personal choice would be Space Wolves, but they have a lot more details to paint.  They can look really good without a great amount of painting experience though.

Offline miclantecuthli

• The Unpronouncable Man
  • Ancient
  • Forever in debt to your priceless advice
  • Armies: Empire (AoS), Chaos (AoS)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 11:53:13 AM »
You can always use the rules of a chapter, but paint it in another way. Make it a successor(spelling?) chapter.
Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear And I'm floating around my tin can
Far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Offline Adam500

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 12:33:28 PM »
I prefer mass destruction. That prolly says alot about my personality. Im being tempted more by the salamanders because thier Tact squads can have two flamers :) I like flamers....

Offline spacepiper

• Soul Rebel
  • One Love; Bob Marley
    • EldarOnline
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 04:02:44 PM »
I'd go with those pesky Salamanders if I was you. They have cool rules and they're easy to paint. Plus nobody will complain about you being cheesy.
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself: but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” –Marcus Garvey

Offline icestorm182

• Ultrmarines will be victorious !
    • Warhammer40krookieclub
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 04:20:27 PM »
Well I play Ultramarine and I think there great!
So I would recommand the Ultramarine they have two great speacial charaters. Marnus and Tirgus . They arn't that hard to paint plus the space marnie codex is mostly about Ultramarine. Chosing a chapter is about your preferance so take one you like .Surf on the net for history and other things like that so you cold no what the chapter is like. You know not it's just on the game board  but in the way you play so take a chapter that meets your
personality.So good luck in the chapter you chose and one more thing. "For the EMPEROR" that is all you have to remember .

Offline Colonel-Commissar Ghostmaker

• Fluff Master
  • Straight Silver! Straight Silver!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 10:54:59 AM »
I'm very stubborn, so I chose the Dark Angels. ;D (Sorry, bad joke) My friend collects Blood Angels which shows one thing. He's desperate to win. Keeping mind he has never won a decent game (e.g. just blood angels w/ no allies, using equal point amries etc.) just goes to show one thing. DONT COLLECT BLOOD ANGELS!! If I had a chance to start over again I would love to collect space wolves. I don't know how well they do on the table, but they have an attitude. That is rare to find in a chapter. I wouldn't mind getting the salamanders or the black templars (but you don't want BT so I'll shut up here before I gon and on about them)
Check out my Fluffman thread:
http://www.40k.ca/community/index.php?board=34;action=display;threadid=24599;start=0
Quality fluff free of charge!

Check out the worlds best wargaming comic site: http://www.larryleadhead.org/

This one requires Quick Time and a sense of humour:
http://www.thekeeponline.com/radio/TakestheCall.mp3

Volren

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2002, 12:33:04 PM »
Salamanders are ok. But I like Space Wolves and Blood Angels better. BA are great assault troops, while I personally feel that SW are even more balanced between assault and shooting than regular chapters. Hooray for Leman Russ!
And the Ultramarines' characters are special characters, so you can't use them if your opponent doesn't want you to. Besides, they're not very good, compared to Chaos champions like Abaddon or Kharn.

Offline CO Tarne

• Die with honour Brother Marine
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2002, 01:45:31 PM »
I think you should go with a simple chapter if your not so good at painting and then add more complex things to paint at a later date and keep on working at it!

Or if you don't like the sound of that just go with blood angels because they're insane enough to keep on fighting even against the most horrorifying army in the universe, they have quiet simple organisation and have the easiest colour range(red mostly, some black, some blue and some gold).So even if your skills aren't the best they still look good.
 8) CO Tarne  
Co Tarne.
Die with honour my Battle Brother