News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Back from break. Spacewolf tactics question  (Read 1135 times)

Offline commissar_bob

• blarg
  • Armies: space wolfs.  IG armored company
Back from break. Spacewolf tactics question
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:19:58 PM »
Hi comeing back from a long 40k break and wondering how spacewolfs have changed.  I hear bad things about wolfguard tetminators. Also wondering if its still allavout long fang spam? 

So ya hust wondering what other people think about the new codex ..like the shield and giveing my dread a 3+ save

Offline Sarenyon

Re: Back from break. Spacewolf tactics question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 03:56:14 PM »
No to the Long Fang Spam as split fire is by the book now and of course the versatile old standby ML is now more than a LongFang model. It can still be done, and utilized well, but not necessarily the best investment of points.

Big winners in the codex:
-T-wolves of all various sorts.
-Blood Claws are very cost effective now
-The new transport flyer (storm wolf?)

Meh:
-Terminators with dual claws and T-hammers and shields are not super cost prohibitive anymore, though still more expensive than their codex brothers.
-Grey Hunters... do you fit them with the extra weapon or not? So far I've been running one squad with extra weapon in a pod with, one squad in a Rhino without...

Bad:
-Not sure if there are any really bad choices... the scouts are not any good because it is an elite choice that cannot come in on the back edge anymore... just better stuff to buy in that slot... and the Hvy Spt flyer, you should probably use the more versatile transport one.

Cool:
Drop Pods in FA choice - you can give your Lone Wolves a drop pod to come in with two Fenris Wolves... great way to get your Lone Wolf in terminator Armor into the backfield.