News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Orks vs C'tan  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
Orks vs C'tan
« on: October 21, 2002, 02:02:17 PM »
what units do the orks have that can combat these special necron characters??

think the Zzapp gun can?
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re:Orks vs C'tan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 07:02:50 PM »
Orks are going to have a really really hard time if a C'tan makes it into CC since only nobz with power-klaws will be able to do any damage.  Zapp gunz are good... but very un-reliable so the best advice to give is to use Kannons and looted tanks from the Imperium to take them down at range.  If all else fails send in the Warboss and his nobz and prepare for the worst... even they are going to have issues when taking Nightbringer or the Deceiver in combat.

Offline AceV53

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 10:46:41 PM »
How could you mention such evil!!! J/k. I'd say the best bet is to blast him from range or take out every other Necron so it phases out. In CC it's nearly impossible to kill him. You can do it with a Warboss and very large bodyguard with Powerclaws in CC but that's if he doesn't kill everyone. You can also do so with a large mob of Ork Warbikes. Although you need 6's to harm him you can still get a small amount of wounds since the Big Shootas are Assault 3 Twin Linked. Take a Kannon, a Kustom Mega Blasta, Mad Dok with Urty Syringe, Uge Choppa, a Lootas Devastor Squad, a looted vehicle, or a Zzap Gun. I'm telling you though, make the sucker phase out!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline darkeldar_god67

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #3 on: November 4, 2002, 10:47:50 PM »
The C'tan don't count towards ther phase out rule and you won't harm him in cc because they are allowed to leave cc with ethric tempest

Offline AceV53

« Reply #4 on: November 4, 2002, 11:45:21 PM »
I know the C'tan don't count toward the Phase Out rule but the Phase out rule does effect them. If you kill 75% of the necrons with the Phase Out rule then you take out the whole army because the whole army dissappears or am I just making things up? Plus, you gotta be really really cheesy to get out of close combat. I mean you are a C'TAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #5 on: November 6, 2002, 01:44:04 AM »
No your right

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #6 on: November 6, 2002, 12:03:14 PM »
The deciever can leave close combat.

The Nightbringer can push out S3 models out of CC. But S4 Nobz won't be affected by it.

And 7-8 nobz with powerclaws, sluggas and Eavy armor will kick his ass..garanteed.
In fact Nobz with powerclaws and Eavy armor are pretty much garanteed to kick anything but Spyders, Lords or Pariahs.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2002, 10:07:40 PM »
I'd have to say get the enemy to phase out.  With the sheer number of Power Klaw/Choppa attacks you can get, Necrons will be dying in droves.  Just retreat and try and force the enemy to Phase Out.