News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pt tourney sisters  (Read 562 times)

Offline TheWarden

• The 40K Killed me...can't you see its smug grin
1500 pt tourney sisters
« on: July 24, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »
hey i am entering into a tournament this saturday and i wrote up this list. i only have 4 extra sisters and a rhino (i am borrowing a exorcist from a friend).

Saint Celestine - 201

she will move with the seraphim and cannoness and lay the righteous beatdown on anything and everything

Cannoness - 141
Jump pack, blessed weapon, cloak of st. aspira, book of st. lucius, mantle of ophelia, melta bomb, frags

will be the HQ and general kill everything

6 x celestians - 162
VSS eviscerator, book of st. lucius
flamer, heavey flamer, frags
imolator - 83
holy promethium, extra armor, smoke launchers

will help the sisters cleanse the unclean

2 x 10 sisters of battle - 394
flamer, heavey flamer, frags
Rhino - 116
extra armor, smoke launchers

standard flamer girl configuration the searchlight is just to fill the extra three pts

Exorcist - 141
extra armor, searchlight

i am only taking one because i am brining celestine and i don't think i really need another

8 x Seraphim - 262
VSS eviscerator, book of st lucius
2 x hand flamer, meltabombs

they will be cover and vehicle kill for the HQ's

1500 pts

9 faith pts

40 models

i am just posting this so that you can make suggestions and help with tactics. i will consider wargear changes but the units are solid where they are.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:12:10 PM by TheWarden »
Inquisitor and retinue-  $34
imperial guard to make IST's- $30

the beating i will get from my friends from spending so much on this hobby-  PRICELESS

Offline Paganus

• Celestians *HATE* Eldar Online
Re: 1500 pt tourney sisters
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:55:43 PM »
I would say that the lack of antitank outside cc can make your tourney army's life very miserable against mech lists (espacially Falcon4you Eldar). I would consider replacing normal flamers with meltaguns since adding 2 Exorcist ain't possible with your current pool of models.

about St.Celestine...

This Lady is seriously dangerous special character for your army since she has low toughtness and can be instakilled easily. She doesn't benifit from martyrdom and her death drains your faith pool for d6. Sudden loss of faith can and will seriously hurt SoB-army. So it's best to keep her safe.

- Paganus

Offline TheWarden

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:28:44 PM »
update

that makes alot of sense

Saint Celestine - 201

she will move with the seraphim and cannoness and lay the righteous beatdown on anything and everything

Cannoness - 141
Jump pack, blessed weapon, cloak of st. aspira, book of st. lucius, mantle of ophelia, melta bomb, frags

will be the HQ and general kill everything

6 x celestians - 166
meltagun, heavey flamer, frags
imolator - 83
holy promethium, extra armor, smoke launchers

will help the sisters cleanse the unclean

2 x 10 sisters of battle - 402
meltagun, heavey flamer, frags
Rhino - 118
extra armor, smoke launchers, searchlights

standard flamer girl configuration the searchlight is just to fill the extra three pts

Exorcist - 141
extra armor, searchlight

i am only taking one because i am brining celestine and i don't think i really need another

8 x Seraphim - 248
VSS eviscerator, book of st lucius
meltabombs

they will be cover and vehicle kill for the HQ's

1500 pts

9 faith pts

40 models
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 07:34:32 PM by TheWarden »

the beating i will get from my friends from spending so much on this hobby-  PRICELESS

Offline Wombats

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »
Just a thought, in my 1000 point army I field:

2 Rhino Squads ~420
1 Seraphim Squad ~209
Cannoness ~101
2 Exorcists ~270

Its pretty light on Eviscerators, I usually bring in a couple at 1,500 points. 

You've got an extra Special Character, a squad of Celestians w/ Immolator extra. 
...and one less Exorcist.  500 points worth?

That is a hell of a lot of upgrades in points, its going to really hurt losing anythinig because they are all around 25 points a model.  I still get outnumbered at 20.9 points per model. 

I'd suggest dropping the Mantle off your Cannoness - with a 2+ invulnerable save activated on Leadership 10, the rare times she does really cop it in the face, those points aren't justified. 

I'd be tempted to just downgrade Celestine to another Cannoness, she has similiar offensive capability for nearly half the points.  My Celestine model is running around with an Eviscerator from the foot Cannoness and does wonderfully even in 2000 point games.  I've run two Cannonesses out of one Seraphim squad effectively before, just make sure they are well hidden as you may have to take hits before you can pull off Spirit. 

You always need another Exorcist. 
Your opponent only has to pop three vehicles and your army is walking, another Exorcist and he'll have good reason to point that anti-tank fire elsewhere. 
You can make another Exorcist by dropping the mantle, downgrading the saint and losing some Eviscerators or Promethium. 

You are still pretty low on anti-tank, why not an Eviscerator on your Cannoness?  She'll be around to use it with the 2+ save and the ability to instakill with help from faith will make up for less grunt chopping ability. 

Anyway, that's looking good, just expensive.  Not every Rhino squad needs to be close combat ninjas, they just have to pull off SoM long enough for the cavalry to arrive or your opponent to start crying. 
Thought begets Doubt : Doubt begets Heresy
(Heresy begets you sent to bed with no dinner)

Offline TheWarden

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 01:19:53 AM »
yes, that is the list that i am going for, but i dont have the models to add the extra exorcist or the pts to drop celestine (i thought it might be fun to try in a tourney) thanks for all of the suggestions.