News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153839 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #900 on: August 1, 2015, 05:01:49 PM »
Hey there dog of war, love the batreps. Do us all a favor please, post a link to your batrep in your post on this thread so you can get more teef.

In the URL box at the top of the page just hit "copy" and then in the WoTW thread tell us your batrep is done and then "paste" the link after it.

Like This:

Hey all, just put up a new batrep, you can find it here:
 The Rematch: Battle Report Ork vs Eldar 1500 points

That way lazy gits like myself can find it with minimal work.

Thanks 
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #901 on: August 1, 2015, 09:48:38 PM »
Right-oh boss. I like me some teef. I'll make sure I keep these lazy grots busy and keep the info easy to find.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #902 on: August 5, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated.

You can find your name and account balance there. As a reminder those with the copyright symbol are verified members, those without it will be deducted one toof a week, and when the account is at zero they will be deleted. Those who had titles will be added to the list of missing presumed dead (title still not determined), starting August 15th.

ON the other foot, if you did something to earn teef, and don't see your earnings posted, give me a PM and we will get you your teef tootie sweetie.

Lets get our green tide rebuilt and get the waaagh going again. The universe has been too safe lately with not enough green krumping happening.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #903 on: August 26, 2015, 08:06:36 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated.

You will notice the countdown deductions have begun. Those with a zero balance will be deleted from the bank account and the rolls. Those with a title of boy or higher will be added to the "All The Way Dead" list. We still haven't figured out what to do with awol/missing orks, so we will get back to you on that.

If you want to stay on the active list all you have to do is either post on this thread that you are not all the dead, or send me a PM to do the same thing and your account will no longer be deducted and you will remain an ork.

For those of you who are still orks, if you did something that is eligible to earn teef, just let me know and I will get your teef deposited toootie sweeetie (thats french for right quick).
"

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #904 on: September 2, 2015, 08:16:27 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE Has been updated.  We have lost a few members due to inactivity and a zero balance. We therefore have to assume that they are casualties. May their spoors regenerate into many more orks...

As you can see the countdown continues. If you wish to remain a member of this board; simply post here that you are still alive and I will add a anti toof taking symbol to your name in the Bank Account and your teef (and membership) will be safe.

On the other foot, if you did some toof earning activity, and I missed it, a simple PM will solve that problem and I will get the teef in your account tootie sweetie.

Green

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #905 on: September 9, 2015, 09:36:09 AM »

The Bank Account: HERE Has been updated.  We have lost a few more members due to inactivity and a zero balance. We therefore have to assume that they are casualties. May their spoors regenerate into many more orks...

As you can see the countdown continues. If you wish to remain a member of this board; simply post here that you are still alive and I will add a anti toof taking symbol to your name in the Bank Account and your teef (and membership) will be safe.

On the other foot, if you did some toof earning activity, and I missed it, a simple PM will solve that problem and I will get the teef in your account tootie sweetie.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #906 on: October 28, 2015, 09:28:37 AM »
Well is has been a few weeks since I have been on due to some RL issues, and I notice that nobody else has either. So, am I the last ork standing?

I guess the new rules and the new codex have destroyed the orks, something that couldn't be done by other armies, but death by nerf is just hard to accept.

I don't know if it was the new rules, but the 40k community at my local dwindled down to almost nothing and now my LGS has gone out of business. That means for me no place to play. Added to the pain is the forum now seems dead too.

Talk about having to quit cold turkey...  :o

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
« Reply #907 on: October 28, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »
 Sad :( . My newest project was the orks (since I wanted them for more than a decade), but even working on them I feel no desire playing the actual game. I enjoy painting and converting them and am still collecting some kits that I think will soon go the way of the dodo, but have very little gaming activity other than that. I had some thoughts about heavily modifying and playing some of the older 4th ed scenarios (ork kommandos kill-team, raid and defense missions etc.), but when it will happen...

On the topic of nerf - the new mob rule is very punishing to a starting player with a small model count. The coolest new kits are also pretty expensive (it surely feels that gw are emulating apple). I can see why one wouldn't want to play orks, but instead collect them.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #908 on: October 28, 2015, 05:05:23 PM »
Orks don't give up. They might go into hibernation, but they are never down for the count. We need to drive some traffic to the board and I'm proposing a contest. We are generating some good conversation over on the eldar side and with the right incentives, I think we can do so here. We have had some modelling/painting contests that have done well, but the participants tend to think out, as it trails on and they don't generate much talk. I think a list building competition might build some interest. It's free for people to join in and doesn't take a lot of real life commitment. If you want me to help organize something, I'd be more than happy to.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #909 on: October 31, 2015, 08:08:49 PM »
Well it is nice to know that the forum here isn't all the way dead. I will continue to be the orkountant until I get fired.

I still have 15,969 points of orks that are assembled and painted, (and not a single deff dread, kan, or grot gun. Well ok, just one meka dread. But it has never played) as well as close to another 2k or so of models still needing finishing.

Looks like I am just collecting now. I think I will have to procure one of those glass cases so I can put all my models on display.

Maybe the next codex the orks will be more playable, and if I can find a new LGS that isn't more than a two hour drive away. I will just have to wait and see.

As for this forum, maybe a modeling contest is in order. Since it seems that most of us orks have been reduced to collecting until the next waagh can get started, it seems like a good idea to build our armies to get ready.

So, shall we try a general modeling contest, where you enter whatever you want, or shall we go for a specific genre such as everybody assembles and paints a squad of something (like burna boys or tank bustas, etc. etc. etc)?

As for a list building contest, since I can't play test those lists to check viability, I would not be able to judge them as to their play worthiness. Maybe a bit more thought on that line is in order as well.

Let me know, we will see if we can breath some life back into the ork forum.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #910 on: November 1, 2015, 06:30:51 AM »
With a list building contest it would be mostly theoretical and based on past experience. The main reason I suggest one is that it takes less real life commitment to participate and encourages traffic by creating dialogue. The lists are created on a theme and a poll is run where the community then votes on it, no judging or play-testing necessary. I've thought that we could maybe start off with a versus list ie bestvork list against let's say eldar. That way we can encourage feedback from non-ork players as well.

I'm all up for a painting/modeling contest as well. I just think it might be a little restrictive in participation.

As for display cases, it's totally the way to go. Got mine from Ikea for $60 CAD and I can display about 4000 points of orks on four shelves.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #911 on: November 3, 2015, 07:13:32 AM »
OK, a list building contest is in order. I will start a thread as soon as I spy on the other boards to see what all is involved with the list building contest. Of course there will be teef to be earned as well.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #912 on: December 16, 2015, 11:11:59 AM »
Well then, the first list building competition is over. Here are the teef awards. They will show up in the next bank account update.

SKEETERGOD: 5 for posting list, 3 for duplicate truck boy units (first one dont count) and 4 for duplicate coptas. Taking off my boots to use toes to count that comes out to a total of 12 teef.

dog-of-war: 5 for posting, 3 for duplicate grot units, 1 for duplicate kan units, 1 for duplicate dreads, 1 for duplicate meks. Unless my toe moved out of the way that comes to a total of 11 teef.

OD From TV: 5 for posting, 3 for duplicate grot units, 2 for duplicate trucks, 1 for duplicate MaNs, 1 for duplicate dakka jets, and 2 for sneaky great idea of dakka jets in a small list. That comes to a total of 14 teef.

Ork E Nuff: 5 for posting, but -1 for not posting the link in the thread, 2 for duplicate kans, and 2 for great idea of burna boys in a truck. That comes out to a total of 8 teef.

That means the winner of the list building competition is OD from TV (with the most teef) so we all need to scowl smile at him and add our congrats at him for winning the first ever ork list building competition.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #913 on: January 13, 2016, 08:50:02 AM »
Alrighty folks, there is still a list building competition going on. You can find it here:
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=229366.0

The holidays are over, however, there is a secret ork holiday coming up. So the contest will continue until the secret holiday gets here.

Here is your chance to show everyone your genius at taking a limited field and making it work for the orks. So get stuck in...

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #914 on: March 8, 2016, 10:33:20 PM »
*blows a fine layer of dust off*
Woo that got a bit dirty.

When we formed the WotW around 6 or 7 years ago, we didn't forsee how it would grow, change, and evolve.  And now, with the chance of a new codex revitalizing not only the army, but possibly this little corner of the web that some of us have called home... its exciting.

So in honor of the US election primaries, here is my 'Campaign' Pledge.  When the Orks receive a fair Codex you will see increased activity on the boards, new Competitions, new Special Missions, a return of Unit of the Month, and overall we will reforge the WotW to new glory!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #915 on: March 9, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »
Whoa... (I fell out of my chair. )

for a little while there I thought I was the sole survivor of this massacre, and was wondering what to do.

So, new codex coming you say? Any idea of a time frame or just a good rumor?

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
« Reply #916 on: March 9, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »
And now, with the chance of a new codex revitalizing not only the army, but possibly this little corner of the web that some of us have called home... its exciting.

Wut?!? When?!?

Bringer of false hopes

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #917 on: March 9, 2016, 07:18:59 PM »
Not seeing a new codex but the whole 40k for kids concept and the orks of AOBR making a comeback to major stores this year brings some hope.  My LGS now plays kill teams but I still can't get motivated due to the sour taste 7th edition left.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #918 on: March 9, 2016, 08:58:16 PM »
Yeah Super excited that the crappy Ork book was taken off the webstore, that means

Dang.  It was "No Longer Available" yesterday, greyed out and all, but now like a case of [redacted] its back and just won't go away.  I am the saddest puppy ever.

With any hope they'll release some new form of rules with the Vedros sets that are slated to come out soon, and at least with Vedros we get a new still unseen Wartrakk mini.  Yes it'll be snap fit, but at least that's something we've been asking for forever.

Peace (the sad puppy)
~OD
« Last Edit: March 9, 2016, 09:00:57 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #919 on: March 10, 2016, 05:05:15 PM »
Wot's all this???

Optimism? Rumors?  Dare I say levity in the ranks? 

Well, it's about time...As long as I have a box or two of multi-pose orks, I'll be as happy as a squig in the drops after Chef's Surprize at the canteen! 

OD:  Campaign promises are like farts...they usually stink, are for the most part all noise and stink, and are usually only remembered if they're loud and inopportune...being such, I'll definitely remember yer promise, o' boss o' mine...

Let's hope (there's that word again) that we get a fair shake, but if it's only a new boxed set or 2 (or more) and something akin to updated errata, I'm still happy!

OEN
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?