News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pt Harlequin vs. 'Nids  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Ziph

• VRP
1000pt Harlequin vs. 'Nids
« on: June 25, 2004, 04:32:28 AM »
Hi!

I've got an upcoming game 1000 points versus Tyranids in a couple of weeks. Both of us pretty green players, so it won't be too unbalanced :)

I'd like your help in tweaking my list a bit to deal with the hordes of critters which'll come my way. I'm rather strapped for models, so I'm looking to tweak the equipment side of things more than the models.

Here's my list (according to the CJ list on the Games-Workshop website):

HQ:

Shadowseer with D-Field, Powerblades, Bio-Ammo, tanglefoot grenades, Kiss and Shuriken pistol. 130 pts

Elite:

Solitair with D-Field, Dread Mask, Powerblades, Kiss and Shuriken pistol. 171 pts

3 Deathjesters with 2 Brightlance, 1 Missile Launcher. 176 pts

Troupes:

5 Man Troupe with one Kiss, one Powerblades and tanglefoot grenades. 156 pts.
6 Man Troupe with one Kiss, one Powerblades and haywire grenades. 179 pts.
6 Man Mime Troupe with one Neuro-Disruptor, one Kiss, one Powerblades, plasma grenades. 188 pts

Right, I'm thinking along the lines of more Bio-Ammo or Neuro-Disruptors. Lose the haywire grenades. That means I should probably include a Troupe Leader in my Troupes? Also, probably one more Missile Launcher for the Jesters instead of a second Brightlance.

I'd be glad to hear your comments!
Fabricati Diem, Punc

1250 points Harlequins: 0W, 1D, 3L
2000 points Death Guard: 4W, 3D, 11L

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: 1000pt Harlequin vs. 'Nids
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 06:14:59 AM »
Mimes/ Troupers can't get powerblades, but powerweapons. Just making sure you knew that.
Drop the haywires. Nids have nothing you can hurt with that.

An EML will serve you well if you can get the firepower enough to take out the big bugs. If they are still on the table the brightlance might be better.

Drop the dreadmask too. They are not running.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Ziph

• VRP
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 07:52:11 AM »
Thx... Yup, I got confused with the powerblades, power weapon. Since the majority of my oppenents will be low-armoured, power weapons are not much use. Be back in a mo' with a tweaked list *g*

Right, I'm back:

HQ:

Shadowseer with Kiss, Powerblades, Shuriken pistol with Bio-Ammo, D-Field and Tanglefoot grenades. 130 pts.

Elites:

Solitaire with Kiss, Powerblades, Shuriken pistol, D-Field and Tanglefoot grenades. 145 pts.

Death Jesters, one with EML (long range support), one with BL (big critter hunter), one with Shrieker Cannon and Phase Field (mid-range support, pre-'nid-advance harassment). 181 pts.

Harlequin Troupe with Tanglefoot grenades: Troupe leader with pistol and bio-ammo/ccw, 7 troupe members with pistol/kiss and two plasma pistols/ccw. 264 pts.

Mime troupe with Tanglefoot grenades: Mimic with pistol and bio-ammo + kiss, 7 mimes with pistol/kiss and neuro-disruptor/ccw. 279 pts.

Total: 999 pts.

The plasma pistols are there to fill points and to deal with any big guys who get into combat with me. The death jester with the Shrieker Cannon and the phase field plans to flit forward and gradually give ground infront of the 'nid advance, blowing holes in their hordes, or to jump behind lines to wreak havoc or set up crossfire corridors.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 08:23:14 AM by Ziph »
Fabricati Diem, Punc

Offline Ray

• cant stop choppin'
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 12:29:54 PM »
Tanglefoot grenades

Dont go crazy with those..... Nids dont run a lot (unless the synapse creatures are killled, i beleive).... Just bulk up on kisses and send full harl squads to (hopefully) wipe out the nids on the first turn (which you need to do)

plasma pistols

I dont think you really need these in a troupe.... Just focus on charging.... If you want to soften them up first, the neuro-disruptor is A++
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 12:31:41 PM by Ray »

Offline Spaceman Spiff

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 02:57:47 PM »
I would replace all powerweapons and powerblades with kisses because Nids don't usually have good armor saves.
I would also agree with ray and take a neuro disruptor for softening them up instead of plasma pistols.
Let's dispense with the pleasantries, you twisted space crustacean. What is it you want from me?

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 05:38:51 AM »
Nids will outnumber you easily. For this, you need to kill the Hive Minds (HT, Warriors) first. Take BLs to instantly kill the Warriors. Shoot the HT and charge it with the Solitaire or GH. Don't let the Solitaire or GH get stuck within a brood of Gaunts. Your precious CC monsters will die fast. When the Hive Minds are dead, soften up and charge his broods.

Offline Ziph

• VRP
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 06:18:53 AM »
Thx to all. I've tweaked my list, I'll post a batrep when I've got one. Unfortunately, we've had to postpone the game due to having no time  :(
Fabricati Diem, Punc