News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New to Game and Helpful tips for my army list 2000 pts  (Read 335 times)

Offline Malikk

New to Game and Helpful tips for my army list 2000 pts
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:45:22 AM »
sorry to list point costs , i have removed it all as to not cause any more problems. I hope i didint get u guys in trouble

Chaos Daemon prince w/ mark of khorne , wings
Chaos lord w/ mark of khorne , term armor, heavy bolter and daemon weapon, personal icon

Chaos term x 5 upgraded to champions , mark of khorne 4 pairs of lightning claws 1 heavy flamer
chaos term x 5 upgraded to champions , mark of khorne 4 pairs of lightning claws 1 chain fist and 1 heavy flamer
Chaos Land Raider daemonic possession , havoc launcher
Chaos Predator twin linked lascannon , havoc launcher , side sponson w/ lascannons
Khorne berzerkers , skull champion, power weapon , personal icon plasma pistol x 2
Chaos Vindicator daemonic possession , dirge caster and twin linked bolter
Chaos Space Marines , aspiring champion power weapon chaos glory mark twin linked bolter melta gun and missle launcher

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 12:55:20 PM by Malikk »

Offline Windsong

• that's just two little candles gloomin in the dark
Re: New to Game and Helpful tips for my army list 2000 pts
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »
Why should we bash you ? Maybe cause you're writing all the equipment's costs in details ? It's against the copyright of Gw your know, just write the total of the unit, we should know how much each equipment cost if we post to give you advices.

This said:
Following my own tastes, I:

Would haved bought warp time to the daemon prince in place of the mark of khorne, make it more deadly than than before.

Your khornate lord is tons of fun with a pair of claws instead, as it give him another attack in Hth.

Your termies are ok if you make them go in the land raider.

But that's just one unit, and if you make the lord go with them they must be just 4 termies and the lord to fit in the land raider.  :-\

The other unit should stay cheap, with a fist and heavy flamer, and the rest standart power weapon, and combi weapon, plasma or melta, as it's the only way to make them earn you some points in deep strike.

The land raider can go without any further enhancement, havoc and possession isn't this benefic to such an armour.

With a predator, you usually go for autocanon and heavy bolters, cause of the enormous cost of lascanons, and you already have some on your land raiders.
If you can make room for three termis with combi melta in can do as well as the lascans of your predator.

Vindicator, yum, tasty.  ;D

Khorne's berserks should stay 8 men, a fist, in a rhino, if not they're not gonna join the fun till it's too late, and your land raider make a juicier target so your rhino can survive long enough.

10 men units of csm to get an heavy weapon ? Not this good in this edition, but do as you like, as you've no room for oblits, and this unit can keep your table's quarter just fine.

The winds of change are coming,
Nothing will stay as it is now,
for the whole world is gonna change.

Follow the way of the frenchie. ;)

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »
You've listed the basic points cost of the unit, and not the total cost of the unit with all their upgrades...

The Daemon Prince costs: 140 points... you've listed it as 110, as you just erased the single points costs, but didn't replace the base number with the total number.

I personally don't like MoK Daemon Weapon...it can screw over a CC lord pretty fast.

Terminators will be deadly, but too many points stuck onto 5 guys that are not that hard to kill.

Land raiders are cool, but the havoc launcher is useless
Tri-las preds are good Anti-tank, but 'expensive' since the last codex, and the havoc launcher is again useless.

THe vindi is cool.

IMO, a powerfist is better in a 12 man Zerker squad, PS, for any fluff purposes it's a bad number.

The CSM squad is a jack of all trades but the master of none.  I prefer 2 special weapons... if you are the sit and shoot type, a plasma gun is better than the melta gun for the extra 12".

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 12:37:18 PM »
You can keep your list up there but just don't include the specific point cost for each thing you get. 

Whole unit w/ upgrades cost =  ;D
The cost of everything in the codex =  :'(

But without a list no one else can talk about it.  Want to bring it back?
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...