News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: any body who know what a GOOD ork army includes???  (Read 374 times)

Offline EFA

• sproglige stinker
any body who know what a GOOD ork army includes???
« on: April 2, 2003, 02:33:25 PM »
i need some help to make a NASTY ork army (1500) any one got some ideas or army lists i can try??
speed freeks are also welcome...
our time will come sons of asuryan

Offline Jeezus_H_Chrystler

• Salvation in the new millenium! Just $19.99/mo!
Re:any body who know what a GOOD ork army includes???
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2003, 03:04:33 PM »
LOTS of Boyz! Max out your troops choices and make sure there are alot of Big Shootas in there, I use 3 in each squad.

Don't waste $ and points on bikes.
Get a few trucks, one for the boss for sure.
Even though they get a bad rap I like Stormboyz, they excel at stopping those pesky Havoc/Devistator squads from picking you apart from long range.
Power Claws for everyone that can take them (nobz etc).

I play the footslogger style, just flood across the board. You lose at least one squad on the way but the more dice you roll the more saves your oponent has to roll.
Basically, if they shoot at the boyz, the trucks and Stormies are going to be chewing on their asses soon, if they shoot at the trucks or try to get the Stormies, the mass of Boyz will be again, chewing on their ass.

Orks are awesome fun, the basic rule of thumb is to keep rolling as many dice as possible and screen the really powerful stuff.

JHC

Offline the grim squeaker

• your time is up sammy the hammster
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2003, 03:08:03 PM »
yeah lots of boys thats the best way and as many nobs as you can, they carry afew wounds and can have handy wargear.
Death was standing behind a lecturn, poring over a map. He looked at Mort as if he wasn't entirely there. HAVEN'T HEARD OF THE BAY OF MANTE, HAVE YOU? he said
'no sir' said Mort
FAMOUS SHIPWRECK THERE
'was there?'
WELL THERE WILL BE, said Death, IF I CAN FIND THE DAMM PLACE

daimyo of the samurai cult of the rat

pm me for details

cullyJR.

« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2003, 03:58:59 PM »
     that's right... BOYZ... because why not?  but when you do, slugga boyz, because why would you want a rapid fire weapon when you can have choppas?  take some burna boyz, because power weapons are precious in this army, and the mek boy can protect them with a force field.   speaking of which, your boss should have one too, and 'eavy armor, because 4+ is another standard-in-other-armies-but-special-here thing.  I enjoy lobbas, but some people find them hard to handle