News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: new to wh40k - dark angels - HELP!!  (Read 3553 times)

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
Re: new to wh40k - dark angels - HELP!!
« Reply #20 on: July 7, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »
looks good

Plus you probually know and since everything is blue tac I'm probually going to sound dumb but your base is upside down but you probually know this

Cheers

Offline Azash76

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #21 on: July 8, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »
If your going DA try picking up Raven Wing starter set. Some of the best DA armies out there are the biker armies and they have the best bikers out there bar none. Plus cost wise the RW boxed set is the cheapest way to purchase space marine bikes.

5 Bikers
1 Attack bike
1 Speeder

3 Large DA/RW customization sprues.

Also your better off starting out with the SM start set instead of Assault on black reach. Start set gives you 5 scouts, 15 tac marines and 5 assaulters and a rhino plus the regular sprue options so if you want to do some customization you will have better luck with that than the AoBR. It's fairly difficult to Customize that set and the terminators while a cheap place to get them they are shooty terminators that don't have any way of fielding a chain fist, Assault Cannon, or Missile Launcher and one of the nice things about playing DA's is you can field the higher grade terminators (AC, ML, etc) with some fair regularity in your termie squads.

Offline HORDE

• Infinity Circuit
    • Horde's Deathwing Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 02:57:18 AM »
You get 6 bikers in the box, but no special weapons.

Making the most of the older codex, you can have 3 troops choices: DW terminators, RW bike squads or tacticals. The best way (imo) to run tacticals in a DA list is 5 man + special (usually a meltagun) + razorback.

If you're making a lot of conversions from black reach, just bear that in mind. I know a couple of people who use 5 man devvie squads with MLs to add firesupport to tactical based armies.

1 kitted out rw squad (I.e the rw box) will run you in the region of 450 points but gives you potentially 4 scoring units (and a minimum of 3 killpoints). I personally would not take the tornado (you have the bits for a typhoon in the box).

That is, of course, if you want to use the DA book for your army. There's nothing wrong with using C:SM, as the bulk of the chapter are aligned to codex astartes.
If you roll enough dice - everything dies eventually.
My Deathwing Blog