News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: the waagh..Ork Movement questions  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
the waagh..Ork Movement questions
« on: June 14, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »
So the waagh adds fleet to any squad that can pass a leadership test.  So they move 6 + d6 inches.  Can they then Run during the shooting phase an additional d6 inches, and again move 6 inches into an assault if they are within range?

How does this affect Stormboyz.  They move like jetpacks, so they get to move 12 inches during movement.  But they get to move an additional d6, with a roll of 1 killing one of them.  So (I'm probably wrong here) that means they can move 12+d6 normal move, +d6 fleet, then run +d6, then assault 6 if in range?  That seems incredibly wrong.  Is there +d6 inch basically in addition to the 6 they would get if they were normal infantry.  so instead of 12+++, its actuall 6+++?

So, also, Defkoptas are jetbikes, so they are not infantry, so they do not get the fleet bonus?  Nor do any vehicles or dreds/kans right?

Another slightly off topic question...IF my truck/BW/Kan is destroyed, do I have to take it off the board and put a crater marker down?  I use them for cover to begin with, so can I leave the vehicle on the board as cover?

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
Re: the waagh..Ork Movement questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:55:28 PM »
In short. Read the rulebook and the ork codex and the FAQ again.
Fleet simply allows a unit to assualt after it runs. In addition only units with the waagh rule may use it (seriously read the waaagh rule in the codex again).

In the FAQ stormboyz lost the ability to  waaagh.

defkoptas are jetbikes and therefore cannot run. Kanz/dreads are walkers and can run however do not have the waaagh rule.

If a vehicle is wrecked then it stays on the board as terrain. If it explodes then it is immediately removed and replaced with a crater if one is available. check the rulebook section on vehicles for more info.

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
Re: the waagh..Ork Movement questions
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »
So the waagh adds fleet to any squad that can pass a leadership test.
In addition to AXEBLADES comments, you might wanna check the part I've bolded as well.......
Doesn't seem quite right to me hint hint...
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!