News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin Wraith Fluff leave feedback please  (Read 982 times)

Offline samswiggaog

• The rise of Ulthwe, the return of the Harlequin.
Harlequin Wraith Fluff leave feedback please
« on: January 19, 2004, 07:01:37 PM »
After the fall the Eldar's galactic empire was left fragmented across the galaxy with very little hope of survival.
However the craftworlds which were able to escape Slaanesh quickly organized formidable militaries to defend their inhabitants.
Among these was craftworld Ulthwe, who under the wisdom and power of Eldrad Ulthran was able to organize a military so great that
it reaches beyond the goal of self preservation, and has become a protector of the Exodite worlds, other craftworlds and sometimes even the Imperium of man,
minding the affairs of all that are vulnerable to Chaos.  Fueled by Eldrad's visions of returning their empire to greatness, the Black Guardians and Ulthwe Strike Forces
have operated with impunity slaying the forces of chaos where they materialize.  The beacon of hope brightens with another sect of eldar, who also have organized a military which inhabits the webway acting in intrest of the Eldar race and against that of Chaos.  The Harlequins have no craftworld for they are constantly roaming the webway seeking out the threat of chaos and performing there dances for those Eldar living today.  This has left them with limited facilities to make war machines, vehilcles and weapons.
Ulthwe and the harlequins:
Both the Eldar of Ulthwe and the Harlequins share two common goals, the defeat of chaos and the restoration of the Eldar empire.  The seers of Ulthwe have worked closely with the Harlequins of the Black Library in order to get a deeper understanding of the great enemy.  While on the craftworld of Ulthwe many articles of weapons and waregear are produced for the Harlequins, while members of the military of Ulthwe are inspected by the Solitaires for potential Harlequins, the Solitaires have even been seen around the craftworld's spirit stones as well, it appears they have not stopped their search for recruits at the living...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 06:03:37 PM by samswiggaog »
I can beat anybody!!!!!!!

Offline EightyEight

• The Santa hat is here to stay.
Re: harlequin wraith fluff
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 09:06:26 PM »
Very good, did you write that?
Are we as offensive as we might be?

Offline samswiggaog

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 09:37:07 AM »
Thank you I wrote this months ago and never posted it, but I am glad you like it, Rasmus was the first to see it I had sent it to him in a personal message a while back. :D

Offline moody

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 02:56:12 AM »
I still recon that the 'call it a dreadnaught' idea works pretty well.  There is nothing that says all spirit walkers have to be contolled by spirit stones.

But a good option if you don't agree with that.  The recruiting from the dead actually makes it sound believable.  Maybe not so much the ulthwe though - possibly a lesser known craftworld?

Offline samswiggaog

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 12:16:16 PM »
  The recruiting from the dead actually makes it sound believable.  Maybe not so much the ulthwe though - possibly a lesser known craftworld?

I was remembering the passage in craft world eldar that suggest a relationship between the seer councils of ultwe and the harlequins of the black library.

Offline spirit warroir

• Wraith bone is my Home
Re: Harlequin Wraith Fluff leave feedback please
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2004, 12:52:27 PM »
I belive that any eldar can take the Test and become a Harlequin.  So why not a waithlord or guard?  They a still souls and this is what the Test strengthen against HER infulence.
The living must recall us, lest they join us.

Offline The Slann

• Are you sure?
Re: Harlequin Wraith Fluff leave feedback please
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2004, 01:36:18 PM »
I belive that any eldar can take the Test and become a Harlequin. 
Wrong. The Harlequins pick their recruits from among the DE, Exodite and CWE populations. Eldar do not just approach them. After training, the Eldar takes the ritual. is The Harlequins could be given a Waraithlord by a Craftworld however and they just shove a D-cannon and holo- field on it. Since some Warlocks can commune with Wraithlords/Wraithgaurd they could ask the Wraithlord's spirit if it was OK with it.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2004, 01:37:20 PM by The Tomb Lord (Formerly Slagman) »