News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Orktober Modeling Contest  (Read 2897 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Orktober Modeling Contest
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Orktober is just around the corner. so start gearing up for your next model(s) to add to your army.

This Year it will be a bit different, a looted model that "counts as" a regular model in your army.

So, that looted vyper that will get modified to be an ork biker boss, or a looted centurion squad that becomes your newest killa kan squadron. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Remember; orks can use anything from the alien races as we have meks and big meks that can make it work better.

There will be prizes: glory and teef, and if we can con the mods into it, maybe even a title. (SSSHHHH, don't tell them yet, so we can surprise them)

Rule 1: It must be a model from an alien race in the GW world. You can use ork parts, but the main model must be from one of the alien races that we exist to krump.
Like this:   Ork Looted Bike

Rule 2: It must be orkified to suit the purpose for which it will "count as".
(example: the valkyrie that your tank bustas shot down converted into a battle wagon for them to ride in)

Rule 3: You must provide start and finish photos of the project. The mods might require that we post the project work on the modeling forum, but the start and finish photos should be posted on this thread so it makes it easier to judge (with a link to the modeling forum if applicable)

Rule 4: You need to tell us what you are making ahead of time. Don't just get a falcon model and then say it is now a deff copta. You must say what the project is and show the parts/model kit you are going to use to make it.

Rule 5: The end result must be something you can use on the table in an actual game with the "counts as" rule in full effect. No theoretical models that can only be displayed in a glass case at your house. (or in my case another box in the garage) Bonus teef if you post pictures of it in an actual game.

Once I assemble a judge committee, we will judge the entries and award winners and runner ups at the start of the next month.

So, post a reply if you are in. Then when you get started (after Orktober the 1st) modify your joining post to show the starting picture(s).

Lets get some good knowhats and orkineering going, let your inner mek shine.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:41:25 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Orktober Modeling Contest
« Reply #1 on: October 4, 2017, 08:08:36 PM »
Wow... This must be too tough of a contest. We will let it ride till the end of Orktober, maybe some others will ork up and get stuck in.

Anyways; I am in. However, I don't want to be the only contestant. So I will not post starting pics until there are a few others in.

I will be turning an eldar war walker into a counts as skorcha buggy.. :o No walkers in my Speed Freak army.

BTW, AOD007 will not be modeling but he will be judging, so gets your grots in gear and get looting.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2017, 08:14:25 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #2 on: October 5, 2017, 05:48:30 AM »
G'day SKEETERGOD!
You just had to enter with an Eldar piece, didn't you... Blessed mushrooms!!

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »
I'm sure I can work something out... Just haven't painted anything in such a long time, don't even know if I remember how! :)

Seriously though, I'll have to relearn how to paint since all my original paints have dried up... I bought some acrylics and they worked just fine for painting undead, bet I can manage a looted tank! :)

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »
HOOOOOWEEEEE, that was an absolute fall on the face event!  :o

Well, Orktober is over, however, we will keep the thread open to anyone who wants to convert non ork models to ork models. NO contest, just show off your stuff.

If you posted it somewhere else, just include a link to where it is so we can go see it (unless you just want to post the pictures here cuz you luves it so) and we can all start to dream again of the orks krumping the entire galaxy.