News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Let's go fly a Kite (1750 Warhost Contest)  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Lyonic

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Let's go fly a Kite (1750 Warhost Contest)
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »
This one is for 1,750 Warhost. Warhost means all units must form part of a Guardian Battle Host, Windrider Host, or Guardian Storm Host. You should build an all-comers lists suitable for both eternal war and maelstrom missions.

Keeping the rules in mind, I have not added any aspect hosts, wraith constructs, living legends or anything not in the Windrider host.

Farseer Skyrunner + Shard + Spear + Phoenix Gem           185
Windriders x9 + Scatter Lasers + Warlock Skyrunner   293
Vypers x6 Bright Lances                                   300
Warlock Conclave x7+ Spears                           385

So there it is. As an avid fan of the PvP technique known as Kiting; this list is going to make any persons day HELL on EARTH... or space or ... you get the picture.

Starting of with the chief, the ol skyrunner seer. This guy will impregnate himself, into the warlock conclave. Guide, Prescience and Psychic Shriek will be the Spells chosen. As the only real caster in the army, survival for this guy is key. That's why hes donning the rare and myserious (oooooh) Phoenix Gem. Giving him a chance to rise from the ashes if something blindsides him. He carries a token that means whichever unit he switch too throughout the match will never fear! Huzzah! He will cast Guide on the Vypers if their is heavy armour that needs downing. Otherwise it will be guide and prescience on one of the the jetbike units... And what a unit they are...

These Jetbikes units are mean. Really mean. Im talking, ''the Lannisters send their regards'' mean. These nimble flying motorcycle space elves will keep max range. AT ALL TIMES. Choosing to turbo-boost away their shooting if they need to. They are accompanied by a Warlock for conceal or maybe a lucky Protect/Jink if you dig me. These 3 units will put out.... 36 Scatter Laser shots each. Totalling 108 in total - 72 of which should be guided and prescience'd. So yeah. That's those aircraft taken care off.

We then come to the workhorses of the list. The Vypers. Now I want to open by saying I really, really hate vipers; but when in space Rome, do as the Eldar. I don't like the idea of an easy first blood and this unit is the only one in the host that can don' some lances. So they have them. Much like the bikes these guys will keep max range at all times and flat out if they need too.

Finally we come to our ace in the hole, the warlock conclave. Rolling on the Runes of Battle these guys hope to grab the biggest syringe with the biggest does of Adrenaline they can. If the psychic gods don't shine on us and if we get Garbage spells, (ohh when you get Garbage rolls on tables....bain of my life...) we understand our limitations. This unit is here for 2 reasons. Dice for my psychic powers on better units (protecting Scatbikes is key) and for their lovely spears. Handy in a pintch if you need to cast prescience and get in on old style and able to pick on backfield units.

So to make this clear. This is a KITING army. If you found yourself in CQC you are doing it wrong. I oft think of my days playing Eve Online... kite kite kite woop! Anyhoo, the aim of the game is simple, you focus fire on all the things that can shoot you and sort by range (Longest Range to Shortest range). Taking out targets one by one gives you more room to breath around the table. Now I understand that 10 bikes in the troops squads leave a footprint alright, but you are just going to have to think about that ahead of time. You really have to think with this setup.

If al's well you should be really frustrating your enemy as you dance around in merriment at the misfortune of the slow-motion like mon-keigh... or whoever you end up facing. Yes, everything is vulnerable to a turn 1 alpha. But hide your stuff best you can and take your jinks like a big boy when you too. It's better to run and live, than die pretending your cool. Remember, a jinked troop still has a 16% chance to hit. Add in some re-rolls and it aint so bad :P just close your eyes and pretend your shooting flyers.

Hope you enjoyed my list and Ramblings. I would love to know what you think and have a few back and forwards in the comments! :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:14:53 PM by Lyonic »

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Let's go fly a Kite (1750 Warhost Contest)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:03:52 PM »
To have a legal war host you MUST take 1-12 auxiliary options.

Offline Lyonic

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:51:05 PM »
IM just reading rules of competition man. Go check. Says all units must be from warhost.

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 04:20:41 AM »
You need an auxiliary option for it to be a legal warhost and hence comply with the competition requirements. Sorry if that was not clear.
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »
Not sure, but I've used my list and it has proven itself.

Leaves on the Wind (1750)

Regent
Skyrunner Autarch [135] Mask, Lance, Reaper, Fusion Pistol

Windrider Host

Skyrunner Farseer [135] Spear, Stone
Skyrunner Conclave x4 [200]

Laser Windriders x7 [189]

EML Vipers x3 [270] GM, Stone, Holo

Crimson Death
Crimson Hunters x3 [440] Exarch

Total = 1747

Tactics:

Autarch joins the Conclave with the Farseer and accepts challenges to ensure the psychic power is always on the top. You'll always get a chance to get Destructor/Renewer and that will help the autarch survive in challenges even more better. Do remember your equipments too. Just because you didn't charge the LL is still AP3. Why but a PW unless they FAQed it. The Conclave unit is your best tarpit unit against most things.

The riders are to keep everyone as far as much as possible, along with the Vipers.

The flyers are there to blow every tank your opponent have and or kill monstrous or gargantuan critters, plus air superiority is always a good thing.

Ramblings:
At least the list is a proven list here in my community.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Lyonic

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »
My mate used to play crimson death and he always had problems with it. The fact they might not come on was too much of a point sink and i tend to agree. I am always hesistant about sticking EMLs on stuff cause they are so expensive. If i was gna stick it anywhere it would be like a wave serpent for twin linked. Like you are paying 270 for 3 vypers is just insane.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 10:54:45 AM »
Thats the reason of the Autarch it's in the book.  8)
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat