News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 800pt tournament list. Help me pls..  (Read 337 times)

Offline Gremlare

• Fear? Mercy?
800pt tournament list. Help me pls..
« on: March 10, 2005, 03:16:29 AM »
Well I given it some thought and I have made a new and improved list of destruction:

HQ:

Dracon w/drugs, Torm Helm, Punisher, Shadow field, Animus Vitae.

Troops:

- 13 Warriors (+sybarite w/agoniser)

+2 Splinter Cannons
+2 Blasters

- 12 Warriors w/Splinter Cannons

- 10 Warriors w/D.lances
- 10 Warriors w/D.lances

Heavy Support:

Talos
Talos

I've been thinking it through and I prefer to get another Talos in there.  This will force my opponent to focus too much fire power on them.  I'll keep my assault squads near them too.  The dracon will hide behind the taloses and block line of sight to herself until she is close enough to open a can of whipass.

The lance squads will destroy any transport and pick of the marines.  This of course will probably be the case with a highly defensive army.

If I run into a more assaulty army, I'll just sit tight and unlease wave upon wave of firepower, until he closes for that hth action.

Hey its no the best list in the world, but its all I can muster atm.  I need to get more warriors.

Anyway lemme know what you think!
::GREMLARE::

Offline Zucrous Shadowhelm

• I have transformed my fear and now it serves me
Re: 800pt tournament list. Help me pls..
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 12:03:27 AM »
So, your feilding this army in a tournament. Most of it looked good until I saw the TWO talos' I have played 2000 pts in which I didnt use two talos. ok basically the main thing I saw was compared to other DE armies I have seen it is kinda slow, taking away some of the DE's greatest asset. I could definatly see this army getting creamed by a tank heavy one. First I would drop the sybarite and put that lord on a bike but this requires some money. I think I would keep those talos I think it might be effective, but if you might consider it I would exchange them for some ravagers give your army some mobility but this requires you tobuy the model as well. The problem I see with your plan of your opponent focusing on your talos is, they are the slowest model in your army they dont need to until they have devestated your little men. However if I saw two talos coming around the forest at me I would shoot everything I had at them. For what yoy got it sounds pretty sound instead of more warriors I would get some raiders for more mobility, I have 5 and it doesnt seem good enough.
“You are the Emperor’s finest; his word is our strength, his might our sword, and our faith in him, our shield against all enemies. We are the Emperor’s Crusaders, and through us his will is done.”

Offline Gremlare

• Fear? Mercy?
Re: 800pt tournament list. Help me pls..
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 04:09:59 AM »
Ravagers will become scrap even faster than the taloses, and even though I have one, I never field it in a tournie, it's just a wasted 105+ points imo.

The lord on the jetbike is also not a great option for me since I'll just be screening him with the taloses until he can make this 18+d6" charge at the enemy.

I've also decided to remake the list into a more heavy firing list:

HQ:

Dracon w/drugs, torm helm, punisher, shad. field, a.vitae .

Troops:

- 12 Warriors (+sybarite w/agoniser)

+2 Splinter Cannons
+2 Blasters

- 11 Warriors w/D.lances
- 11 Warriors w/D.lances
- 11 Warriors w/D.lances

Heavy Support:

Talos
Talos

I've included 6 lances since they absolutly devastate marines (most common tournie army).

With 4th ed.  Most terrain counts as 4+ cover.  This means my warriors are able to be deployed in cover and shoot the living daylights out of a heavy tank or three.  I really don't care if he fires at my 4+ save warriors for the first turns because it'll mean my taloses will be in his face on turn 3/4.  My lord being behind my taloses will rush ahead of them eventually and hold enemies in assault until I get there (if I'm playing offensively of  course).

Well Lemme know what ya'all think of my new list!  I'm going to be trying it out tomorrow at my local gaming store before I play in the tournie.  Hopefully I'll see what still needs to be done.
::GREMLARE::