News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Civil War on Ivalyo VII - A Thirst For Power  (Read 18745 times)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Civil War on Ivalyo VII - A Thirst For Power
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »
[ooc]

The incoming Rhino [North] will either be arriving turn 3 or 4, so it is not there for turn 2.

When you are finished moving, you're welcome to pivot on the spot to bring the "fixed" melta cannon towards the front.

That would expose your weaker armour to shots coming from the East... not that there's much to worry about! Damned Battlecannon really put a dent in the Ivalyan plans...

[/ooc]

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2014, 06:56:11 PM »
OCC
Halollet not sure if there is another target that the setinals should/could engage?  A Leman russ is hopefully powerful enough to kill a 2 hull point hell hound?  Meaning overkill and wasted shots?

At the same time it does kinda make sense as it is a big threat to the infantry in the AO

OCC

OCC
This is why RPG games like this are so interesting. Right now in cassandra's mind, the chaos marines are the biggest threat and she want to be able to focus on them when they arrive. If that isn't the best choice and her actions get others killed then that's something Acer can talk to her about after the battle.

Making mistakes and choices you disagree with is part of the fun in role playing as someone else.

:D
OCC
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 11:30:46 AM »
OCC Rodger at least, unless we all roll ones...  the hell hound will die preventing further allied casualties which is important.  Just wanted maximize firepower.  But you know the saying if it is worth doing it is worth over doing. OCC

Offline Trokair

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 03:41:05 PM »
[ooc]
When you are finished moving, you're welcome to pivot on the spot to bring the "fixed" melta cannon towards the front.

That would expose your weaker armour to shots coming from the East... not that there's much to worry about! Damned Battlecannon really put a dent in the Ivalyan plans...

[/ooc]
[OOC]Considering that there is a ruin between the centaur and most of the eastern side of the board I will take the risk, the centaur will pivot far enough for its front arc to shoot the infantry. [/OOC]
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2014, 02:46:15 PM »
Hey! I just found out that if you follow the link by clicking on the picture, you can then click on the magnifying glass in the lower right corner of the picture. If you click it again, the picture opens up at “full size” and that might make seeing details a little easier, if anyone is interested.

The Marines to the South began the turn inside a Rhino. They were armed with a Power Fist, Combi-Melta, and a Meltagun. The Rhino was exploded. The Combi-Melta is expended, the Meltagunner was killed, because he had an upgraded weapon, as was a bolter Marine. I swear, the random wound distribution is out to get special weapons this mission. ;) They passed their pinning test. They can assault in the upcoming turn, although that would not normally be the case. [You get a round of shooting at them first, which is what the limitation would normally grant, and there's still overwatch...]

Destroyed bunkers are imppassable terrain, but provide cover like a low wall if you're on the other side of it. You can still access active computer terminals by getting into base to base with the destroyed building. Surprisingly, both computer terminals survived a building crashing down on them. :)

Ivan completed the entry protocols, amidst the burning remains of his squad. The door opened, and howling lunatics began pouring out of the access hatch. They were armed with wrenches, pipes, axes and all manner of tools. The mad men weren't even properly armed. Ivan felt a moment of pity. “Opeen fyre!” Ivan shouted, and his shattered squad began firing into the horde. The workers kept pouring from the hatch, and it was clear that they were about to be overrun. “They'ers too maynee! Turn around you brewtes, heelp ahs!” Ivan called to the Ogryns.

Oxnard turned about, ready to help the little'uns, when the vox channel blared to life. “Oxnard, I want that Lascannnon out of the Sky!” [Order Roll: Passed!] Oxnard slumped his shoulders and turned around. [Opposed Ld: “Failed”] He told his tribesmen to fire at the humies up in the tower. The rapid barks from the Autocannons nearly masked the screams of dying men coming from the burning hell behind him. Oxnard swallowed hard. Sometimes he didn't like following orders. Some chunks flew away from the tower, but he was pretty sure they didn't take any of the humies down.

“Oxnard, I want that Lascannon out of the sky!” Colonel Macrophyllum yelled into the Vox. Intensity hardened Acer's words. He was itching to get out of his Chimera, and to get stuck in with the enemy, but he knew he needed to keep a clear view of the field if he was to coordinate the attack. “Grimaldus, I want triple-time from those lasguns, we can't afford to slow our advance, and you're back there boning the caninoid! You're getting a week of rifle training when we get back. Boys! Frag those infantry trying to get into the East bunker. Throne cursed dogs! Enemy marines to the South! Rodriguez, what in the name of the sweet Emperor are you...”

An Earthshaker round dropped just in front of Rodriguez' Chimera, as a Lascannon blast tore off a tank tread. The newly arrived Marines popped the top hatch, and the unmistakable warble of Melta Weapons preceded the rupture of the fuel cells in the front of the Chimera. A deafening explosion scattered debris around the Main Access door.

“Ferdinand, get your men inside the...” Acer began, just as the building took another hit and began crumbling to the ground.

Grimaldus' men were galvanized by the Colonel's words [Order roll: Passed!]  and took three of the traitors down, exchanging a like number of men in the firefight. “Hold your ground, men, here comes the reinforcements!” Grimaldus shouted, shielding himself behind a pillar, as the warble of the Tech Priest's Melta Cannon wound up...

Thantos noted that the infantry were still alive inside the remains of their Chimera. “Gunner, see that slagger team in the crater? I want them gone.” The Demolisher's cannon roared, but the shot was high, and instead slammed into the bunker, causing it to collapse. It also caused the promethium tanks on the back of the Hellhound to rupture, leaving a burning wreck in front of the destroyed building. “Damnit! Acer's going to have my hide for that!”

Capain Harold sighed. Overhead, he noted the trails of an aircraft, and nodded his head. “Looks like the Glory Boys are going to drop in just in time to see us destroyed. Perfect.” He turned to the Heavy Weapon Team. “Do you think you can hit that Chimera, now that he's out in the open? Please try, I'd hate to have to throw you from the tower.”

The team exchanged nervous glances, then fired at the Chimera. A solid hit on the front corner peeled a track loose. They both released a sigh of relief, moments before slugs began rattling their perch.

Opening the Vox, captain Harold issued a command. “Unit Alpha, infantry arriving north of bunker Delta. Ventilate them, if you please.” To their credit, plenty of shots were fired, but not made it to their mark.

To the South, as he'd expected, Beta squad was torn apart by fragmentation rounds from Acer's Chimera.

To the North, some giant of a man armed with some kind of tool bludgeoned a trooper to death, before becoming impaled on a bayonet. The survivor let out a victory cry, just as the approaching Sentinels turned and unleashed their deadly payload into him.

Immediately following that, the building took a colossal impact from the central Demolisher, leveling it. He thought he saw a robed figure sail out the front door moments before the building collapsed, but it was hard to tell amidst the smoke and debris.

“Unit Alpha, I'm not terribly impressed. I certainly hope you've accomplished something over there.” Harold hissed into the vox.

“Er, its an open channel sir. We have... uh... got an egg in the basket. But we're pretty sure the Ambrasians now have... uh... a key.” The voxman responded.

Harold rubbed the palm of his hand against his forehead. “Very good. Please focus your efforts on killing people now? I assume you can hear this, Colonel? You know that the charges have been placed. All you will accomplish by opening the access door is create a path for the explosion to exit the refinery from. Please know, that if you retreat now, we will still honour our earlier agreement to parlay. You can't save the refinery, all we're doing is wasting lives! Withdraw, and we will parlay after our mission is accomplished.”

The Zealot was breathing heavily from the exertion of butchering the Ambrasians. He had known The Will would protect them from the mutants, but now it was time to take the fight to them. They wouldn't be able to understand the controls, their minds were feeble, but they couldn't be allowed to prevent him from executing his duty. The sacred munitions and supplies would be delivered by the divine Tram to the capital. If he could save the workers from a fiery death, he would try, but the Tram was the most important thing, followed by destroying any that would oppose The Will. “Destroy The Abominations!” shouted The Zealot as he lead his bleeding comrades to righteous victory!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:43:21 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
"Hold fire Hold fire" Lt. Antonoch yelled to his crew!
 Seeing though his periscope a big explosion and thick fire and bellowing smoke.  The hell hound that Shelly was going to destroy was alight on a blaze no man could stand or vehicle continue on with.  Spewing out black smoke into the sky with creators shells of destroyed fighting vehicles and dead bodies from near by enemy losses form before but the new addition to this catastrophic mess was the ruined bunker rockcreat every where and more smoke made the "good kill shot" not so good any more. Panning his scope around the feild it looked like the 519th other russ shot the killing blow.

"Fire at the tower everyone open up with everything" Antonoch voxed into the internal comm's  Quickly deciding to his the nearest thing available then over kill a tank carcass. 

No response was given from the crew but the loud whine of the las cannon barked first seeming to practically vaporize the upper torso of a trooper in the tower  then the bark of the battle cannon that went low as they had a harder time to adjust for a nice shot with the big canon.  All the while the chunk chunk chunk of Frohock's and Brensel heavy bolters ripped into the towers with powerful shells killing off the crew around the las cannon.

Antonoch started thinking ahead was getting his next orders ready to issue as wasting rounds at the tower there had to be better targets.  He will order his driver to move to the top part of C1 to try and shoot down the basilisk.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:54:22 PM by ranger_scout »

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2014, 06:11:27 AM »
Down. Continue.
The machine spirit communes with us.
Continue.
It wonders at our presence. It questions our intrusion.
It does not know.
It does not need to know.
Continue.
We return it to the service of the Omnissiah. It is grateful, but it does not know it.
Down.
Authenticating.
Access denied.
Executing sabotage protocols.
Continue.
Authenticating.
Access granted.
Continue.
Identifying other users.
Alert. Hostile organics controlling other door access terminals. Main refinery access denied.
Alert. Hostile organics controlling all tram access terminals. Conflict detected between heterodox platforms.
Continue.
Down.
Root access enabled.
Uploading manipulator virus. Uploaded. Installing. Installation complete.
Executing control protocols.
We have control. Ave Omnissiah.
Exit.
Alert. Hostile organics are attempting to discomfit us. Incoming las fire.
Target acquired. Engaging. 72% likelihood of fatal damage.
Firing.
Target eliminated.
Commencing area scan.
Alert. Hostile armour engaging. We must evacuate.
Correction.
Friendly armour engaging.
Friendly platform designated Thantos has performed an illegal operation and--

"Slow us down, Rhodri," Madigan ordered as the Rhino surged ahead. "Let it pass in front."

"Then we put the wind up its arse, right ma'am?" Donaghue asked.

"Exactly."

The Rhino, cobalt blue with scale patterns and green serpent markings, had seemingly been racing towards the refinery alongside Firebug since Fallon started his approach. Ostensibly the enemy, judging by Acer's response to their heraldry, but Madigan didn't want to engage just yet.

"Target locked," Donaghue reported. "Got a clear shot at that side door."

"Rhodri, get us into cover," Madigan instructed, "over by that wall. Emrys, fire when ready."

Firebug slewed, the front pointed squarely at the Rhino. Madigan engaged her glare filters, expecting the Rhino to burst into flames. The melta cannon wound up to fire and Madigan's lips curled into a manic grin as the Rhino slowed to a halt between Firebug and a control bunker.

Swearing from behind her soured that grin and creased it into a scowl.

"The hell's going on, Emrys?"

"Cannon's not responding," Donaghue called back. "amphetamine parrot. It's not firing!"

"Then beslubbering make it fire!" Madigan shouted, sparing a glance at the viewscreens as the Rhino popped its hatches and vomited its Astartes cargo onto the battlefield. "Rhodri, hull mount. Emrys, if we end up dying because you beslubbered the cannon again, I'm going to--"

The melta cannon finally fired as Fallon engaged the multi-melta, twin beams of superheat spearing a Space Marine -- Traitor Marine, Madigan corrected herself -- and continued into the Rhino's interior, setting it ablaze. Beyond it, Madigan watched the bunker collapse, parts of it running molten as Donaghue overshot.

"amphetamine parrot," Donaghue hissed.

"You had a lock!" Madigan seethed. "You beslubbering had a lock on that thing, and what do you beslubbering go and do? Miss what we wanted to beslubbering blow up, and blow up what we beslubbering didn't!"

"The cannon--"

"Don't you beslubbering blame the cannon for your beslubber-up, Emrys!" Madigan interrupted him. "amphetamine parrot. When we're done, I'm putting my boot so far up your beslubbering arse that you'll be beslubbering coughing up leather for a week. And then I'll hang you out to beslubbering dry in front of the Colonel. And then, if the Colonel doesn't do it, I'm busting your arse back down to Private."

She waited for a response, got none, and sighed, letting her frustration simmer rather than boil over.

"Now beslubbering take out those Astartes and pray I change my beslubbering mind," she growled. "Rhodri, there's another bunker behind us. Take us there."

[OOC]
Korama is going to head towards the CCS on the watchtower at E2 (avoiding the meltagunners if possible), and deploy his demo charge. If possible, he'll then try to launch an assault, but I don't know if it is possible. Where's my rulebook...

Firebug is going to head towards the bunker at E4; Donaghue's going to shoot back at those Space Marines back at C4/D4, and Madigan's going to join in with her shiny new remote-controlled heavy stubber.
[/OOC]

Offline Halollet

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »
"FRAK!"  Cassandra screams as the bunker she was hiding behind explodes.  Knocking her and most of her unit to the ground, regrouping quickly she see what damaged she caused to the enemy tank.  Seeing her missile unexploded in the ground next to it she finds herself too angry to swear.  Flint sees this and cold shiver runs down his spine.

Desmond cries out as well as the tank he was aiming for disappears in smoke and fire.  "'oly gee d'at w'er a clus 'un."  His eyes scanning the battle field, "O'er dere, gi' 'em bois!" as he turns his sentinel's attention to a small group of enemy guardsmen and his unit opens fire upon them. 

"No-" Cassandra calls out to them as the last of that unit is mercilessly cut down.

"Aiy wha't be da probs Sahjent Kahs? Weez gots em!" Desmond asks, annoyed.

Eyes engulfed in rage, "They're not a threat you worthless gutter rat! There are tanks that need fragging!" Cassandra replies violently.

Desmond hold his arms up and replies, "Ai mon! Whi's ye gots to be toh 'arsh. Yu's sid yu's was go'na taek ou' da't tahnk.  How's id mi preblim da't yu's miss-" He stops as he notices that Flint is mouthing the word 'No' and waving his arms to get him to stop talking.  Desmond looks down at Cassandra again and sees her eye involuntary twitch.  Clearing his throat, Desmond regains his composure and asks, "....Ordahs Siah?"

Cassandra takes a deep breath so she doesn't shoot Desmond.  Pointing behind her to the Basilisk, "Follow me around this debris so you have a clear shot at the side of that artillery.  Take it out and keep near cover, these traitors are getting reinforcements soon."

Desmond nods and replies nervously, "Yhes Siah!"

"SQUAD!" Cassandra calls out and the veterans turn to her, "Follow me spread out.  Launchers, on my 6"

The unit runs out into the open towards the Basilisk with the Sentinels behind them.  The sentinels fire a volley of light into the side of the Basilisk.  Cassanda watches the hits very closely.

[OOC This is where her choices will split this turn depending on how much damage Desmond does /OOC]

[if Desmond fails to damage the Basilisk]

Desmond's laser hits bounce off the tank and little is done to it.  Cassandra growls and commands her squad to fire their krak grenades at the side armour, Cassandra will follow suit with a krak missile.

[Else if Desmond stops the Basilisk from firing]

Cassandra nods in satisfaction and calls to her squad, "Fire frags up into those rather unsavoury chap, what-ho old bean?s on top of the tower!"  The unit turns and launches frag grenades and Cas fires her frag missile into the top of the tower.
"Now charge the tower, get your bombs out and take it out!"  Cassandra's unit will charge south to the tower and blow it up in assault using melta bombs.
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Trokair

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
[OOC] Sorry, I am short of time this week and will not be able to write a story post until Saturday at the earliest. So here are my orders so as to not disrupt the game flow.

The Centaur will move south along the  grid line so that it ends up some around B2 (4D small) C2 (4A small). The unit will disembark, Nor Erlok heads towards the ruin in B2 to aid Grimaldus crack the terminal, doing everything feasible to do so. The Tech-guard will head into the ruins in C2 to help fight the Will aliened workers and zelot. [/OOC]

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #49 on: February 1, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »
Work in progress... check back Sunday or maybe Monday Tuesday for the whole thing...

Unit in B4 is "Hydra" Storm Troopers, Power Axe Sarge, 2x Plasmaguns, 4x Hellguns. It shredded poor Ferdinand's squad.

The Spikey thing on top of the Main Access door is a Defiler with standard gear. Battle Cannon, Reaper Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Lots of CC attacks, and a Daemonic save. More HP than a typical vehicle. It was released when the Ambrasians gained control of more "Door" terminals than the "Will" Ivalyans. It exploded Acer's Chimera, twice. Damned good shooting, seeing as how the battlecannon scattered wildly, and it was reduced to snap shots...

The daemon engine Lurmanthraz had been savaging the machinery beneath the ground when the battle broke out. It had been asked to ensure that the machine spirits of the refinery would not survive the blast, and it had taken pains to weaken the support structures within the complex.

Yet, it was unsatisfied. Destroying this site would not serve to increase the power of his patron, and thus the daemon was experiencing what mortals would have called malaise. The corruption of this site would have been immensely satisfying, furthering its patron's desires and providing insight into this ancient technology. Technology that was even older than Lurmanthraz' own ancient shell. Yet it was required to destroy it. Such events usually triggered a moment of self reflection, not that Lurmanthraz was immediately aware of this history.

Its existence was something of a mystery. Daemons required the emotions of mortals to be sustained, yet it's function was to eliminate mortals and create a universe filled with the predictable actions of machines corrupted by its patron. If Lormanthraz were to ever complete its designated task, it was convinced it would cease to exist. Thus, if it fulfilled its function, it would be destroyed, which ran against its basic survival programing.  Lurmanthraz knew that repeated processing of this conundrum would result in a hard reboot, which it did not wish to experience at this time. Instead it shunted the running inquiry to a sub-routine, and was momentarily surprised to find that there were several million such sub-routines in action. There were so many sub-routines to handle, that there were sub-routines to regulate the handling of sub-routines designed to handle sub-routines. Deep within the memory core, the host's machine spirit was a frenetic scramble of electrons ever nearing the verge of critical failure. An event that would destroy the host, and send Lurmanthraz back to the warp. Also an event that it did not wish to experience at this time. It had inhabited this body for several millenia, and was quite happy with it. It shunted that to a similarly populated sub-routine, and wondered how many more times it could do that before the host could no longer process them.

The battle continued to rage above the daemon engine. It realized that one, or more, of the mortals had initiated the protocols of release upon the locks of the main entrance to the complex. Seizing the opportunity, Lormanthraz decided to fulfill its primary function, and made it's way to the entrance.

There would be plenty of mortals to terminate, and their emotional resonance would surely relieve the tension it was experiencing.

Captain Harold looked at the shattered remains of the Lascannon, and then looked briefly over the edge to see if he could see the gunner. He couldn't.

“Sir, we should get down from here. Another hit from that cannon and this whole tower is going to come crashing down.” Kalvin suggested.

“Hmph.” Was all that Harold could muster. They got most of the way down the tower when a man in billowing robes began running towards the tower. “Fire at that bastard,” [FRF, SRF order: Success!] Harold ordered. A couple of the shots struck true, but the man kept coming. “Meltas! Slag that...”

A deafening explosion obliterated the Veterans. Harold shielded his eyes against the flare. To the south, Klaxons began blaring at the main entrance. Harold turned to see the doors begin to open, before being broken off their suppots by some kind of mechanical monstrosity. It screamed like a living thing, a great cannon on it's chest, and weapons seeming to sprout at random from the rest of it's body. It tore a blast door from it's hinge and threw it at Colonel Acer's Chimera. The beast bore the mark of the Hydra...

”I understand, Sir, about painting Hydas onto our armour to mark us as loyalists... but why do we have to deface the Aquila? The men are... curious... about that.”

“I don't know, Lieutenant. Maybe it's so that the Marines know our enemy hasn't just slapped some green paint on to fool them. They have excellent eyesight, or so I'm told.”

“But... how would they get this bright green paint? I mean, it's not like it's standard issue or anything...”

“Would you like to argue with the Chapter Master? Lord Crovax was clear in his orders, and I'm not about to argue with him. Would you like the opportunity to do so?

“No, Sir. They terrify me.”

“As well they should. If they terrify us, think of what the enemies of the Emperor must feel! I could almost pity the poor bastards...”

In shock, jaw slacked open, Harold inquired, “Kalvin, do you think that the Ambrasian might be right? About the Hydra marines?” The only reply he received was a dull thump on the back of his armour, followed by the clank of metal on metal, as something came to rest on the platform behind him.

Colonel Acer looked out the viewport at the smoking, screaming nightmare emerging from the main entrance. It was easily twice, or even thrice the size of a Dreadnaught. It tore a door off and threw it at his Chimera. The mechanical beast pivoted its torso, bringing a cannon to bear.

One of it's back legs lost its purchase, and the machine lurched just as the cannon fired. It recovered quickly, and brought an arcane Autocannon about. It lay fire down, tracking towards the Chimera. “Everyone out!” Acer yelled, and the soldiers burst out the rear ramp just as the slugs made contact with the transport. A sudden flash and cacophonous explosion leveled everyone. Acer heard his refractor field respond to the flying debris, and his bionics tinked and clattered as debris hit him. A brief survey showed that everyone had made it out ok, other than Lugg. He was unconscious, with a large gash on the back of his head.

Acer moved to pick up his friend, but Padia intervened. Acer flushed with anger, “I'm not leaving him to be...”

Padia put her fingers on Acers mouth, and the rest of the squad managed to look everywhere but at them. ”Acer, we need to move. He wouldn't let you be slowed down by him if he could tell you so. You know it to be true. The battle needs to be won. Win it.”

Face feeling like it could burst into flames, Acer looked about in one fluid motion, taking in the battlefield. “Grenadiers, I want that thing's attention. Krak rounds. What in the multitudinous Hells is that thing?”

In a mostly vacant voice, Quirk responded. “Defiler class Dreadnaught... out of production for millenia... STC lost during the...”

Acer gave Quirk a pop on the arm to bring him around, and grabbed the Vox.
"Colonel Acer to all Ambraisians!  Heavy enemy amour at the main objective. Defiler class Dreadnaught. Move in quick and take it down!"
Acer released the key, and bellowed at Ferdinand. “I want holes in those marines, Sergeant! [FRF, SRF order: Success!] Oxnard, I want that building secured! [FomT order: Failed!] Thantos! Quit blowing up buildings and break that Defiler into a  hundred pieces! We still need to secure the terminals people!”

The metal monster was now advancing on his unit. Padia pulled on Acer's sleeve, ”Time to leave, Colonel.” She blushed with embarassment. Reminding him of his rank in such a situation should not have been necessary, “You have its attention, now let the big guns do their work and let us get out of the way of that cannon!”

Acers squad began to move towards the ruined bunker, as Ivalyan reinforcements dropped out of the sky.

The Storm Troopers “fell” at greater than terminal velocity. They'd trained in the use of Grav Chutes, but each time felt like putting your life on a coin and flipping it into the fire, hoping you came up on top.

Montego advised his sergeant, “Altitude check... 800 meters. Sir, current trajectory will have us land on top of the the southern barrier. High probability of casualties. Adjusting course mid drop... we should land just south of anticipated position. Bit of luck, we'll miss the trees.”

“Very good, Montego. Lho sticks on me, if we don't splat down. All guns ready, we're to fire on the exposed infantry. Don't give'em a chance to return fire boys, those aren't hot-shots but they'll burn you none the less!” Sergeant Nicolas replied.

Montego called off their last 200 meters before deployment. “300. 250. 200. 150 - PULL!” The reverse-grav field made their guts feel like they wanted to dump out through their feet.

Reality slammed back into focus, hot-shot trails landing consistently within the enemy infantry as a handful of bolts from the Hydra Marines tore limbs from torsos. Nicolas noted that all the infantry were out, but also that the Hydra Marines had been taken out in turn.

“Objective maintained. Secure the terminal. Ensure the blast is routed through the refinery, and that the train is set to crash...”

« Last Edit: February 4, 2014, 10:07:24 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #50 on: February 2, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »
On his orders Sammy slammed the tank into drive vehicle lurching forwards kicking up mud and branches from the forrest with astonishing touqre produced by the tank.  It was going to the outside of the forrest to get a better shot at the SPG that was shelling his allies.  Now able to see the SPG gunner Blessett was tracking the edge of the building waiting to get a "clearer shot at the tank.  Now at this angel he had one puling the rope a crump rang out thought the whole tank.  The explosion caught the side of the wall due to the bumps in the terrain and firing on the move

That shot not slowing the vehicle down Sammy pushed on as ordered and brought the front of the vehicle to bear so the las cannon could fire as soon as he was aligned seeing the back end of the vehicle he fired only searing off the ladder to the tank close but not really any damage or effect. 

Anotnoch came though the intercom of the tank in a loud voice.  "reload all guns and prep for fire again keep the tank moving towards the SPG sammy!" 

"Col. Acer to all Ambraisians!  Heavy enemy amour from main objective... Defiler type vehicle move in quick and take it down!" came in loud and crackled with explosions and shooting in the back ground into Lt's Anotonoch vox bead. 

"Sammy keep it in gear advance combat speed forward towards that SPG. everyone else listen up enemy has a MBT out on the field now defiler variant we are going to engage it if we can manoeuvre our tank around the ruins to the right of us.   A challenge worthy of our proud tank has finally come not some light tank... but a true challenge  Load AP rounds and keep and eye out for shots if we can manoeuvre quick enough we can turn to get Elftman las in the beast too"  The Lt said fairly casually like nothing horrible is going wrong outside even though the battlefield from outside shelly looked like a divesting place. 

Hitting his vox link to external he send a message to the crazy Sgt. and the walker that remains

"Guys we NEED to focus out priorities here that SPG is near dead someone needs to go finish it but that new tank must go down ASAP or we lose the main objective and from the sounds of it our Nobel leader"  the last bit about the nobel leader part coming out very sarcastically.

"Vox back your choice we will engage either one over" the Lt finished up with

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
« Reply #51 on: February 5, 2014, 01:23:29 PM »
Priority target acquired. Captain-class enemy platform.
Advisory: Priority target has attained a considerably elevated vantage point.
Commencing area scan and calculating optimal route.
Area scan complete. Alert. Hostile organics approaching.
External transmission enabled. "Colonel Acer. We are engaging priority target."
External transmission closed.
Alert. Hostile organics engaging.
Wait.
Friendly armour engaging hostile organics. We are grateful.
Hostile organics have been neutralised. 100% mortality rate.
Advisory: Priority target is descending.
Alert. Incoming las fire. We have been detected.
The blessed Machine is proof against the traitor's assaults. Ave Omnissiah.
Preparing to return fire.
Wait.
Additional targets acquired.
Calculating optimal attack pattern. Calculated.
Initiating Hephaestos Protocol.
We call thee forth, Machine Spirit of the blessed explosive!
We call thee forth, progeny of holy Mars!
Now! We charge thee! Accept the words which unfetter!

Madigan's fingers danced across the controls in front of her as Donaghue swivelled the turret round to face the Traitor Marines. She counted them and shrugged. Evidently, the traitors hadn't sent as many as she'd thought. Arrogance, perhaps, or sheer foolishness.

They'd die all the same.

"Got a target this time, Emrys?"

"Yes, ma'am," Emrys answered, considerably subdued after his verbal dressing-down.

Madigan's hand reached over to a set of controls just by the side of the viewscreen. She pulled on the lever and a set of virtual crosshairs, adorned with skull motifs and Aquilas, moved across her screen, settling over the slightly blurry silhouette of a Traitor Marine as they turned and gunned down several men from Ferdinand's section. Poor bastards.

"Then take them out," Madigan ordered, activating the trigger mechanism and bringing Firebug's new heavy stubber to life. A hail of .30-cal bullets poured into the Traitor Marine's back and for all the protection his power armour should've afforded him, Madigan's newest toy had been blessed by the priests of Mars and the repeated bullet impacts tore their way through the Traitor Marine's backpack and into his spine and torso. He fell and didn't get back up.

The melta cannon fired true and, between it and Ferdinand's efforts, immolated the rest of them.

She wanted to celebrate. Madigan at least wanted to cheer, but she couldn't help but feel a sense of dread as the Traitor Marines disintegrated.

She noticed the pounding first. Repeated strikes like a drumbeat -- two pounds, then a delay before the next pair -- coming from the northwest, as if something large and heavy were beating on a metal door.

The metal door in the ground. The hatch leading into the refinery.

The sound of tearing metal brought Madigan back to reality with the worst kind of shock as the doors to the refinery exploded upwards and out. One slammed into the earth next to Colonel Acer's command Chimera, as if hurled by an angry giant.

Mechanical claws reached out from the deep and hooked around the edge of the pit, followed by what Madigan could only describe as a choir of the damned as a massive multi-legged metal monstrosity hauled itself out of the abyss. Spikes and hooked blades jutted from its carapace at odd angles and it seemed as though every facet of every surface was covered in sigils that couldn't exist, gargoyle faces that sang blasphemy, and an unspeakable something that made Madigan want to claw out her own eyes and weep blood in hysterical terror.

"DAEMON!" she screamed, hammering her fist against the activation stud on the vox. "This is Sergeant Madigan to all available units! We need to take that beslubbering thing out -- I don't beslubbering care how, just bring it down! Bring it the beslubber down!"

[OOC]
Korama, now that Captain Harold has gone out with a bang, is going to make best speed towards Bunker D and deal with whatever's inside.

Madigan's attempting (!) a Bring It Down order to everyone* against that Defiler; needless to say, Firebug will be firing everything it's got at it.

*Yes, even the Will Ivalyans -- she doesn't care that they're on the channel, it's a freaking Defiler!
[/OOC]

« Last Edit: February 6, 2014, 04:41:07 AM by Koval, Master Verispex »

Offline Trokair

« Reply #52 on: February 6, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »
[OOC] This is the story post from last turn and this turn, as I never did manage to catch up last week.[/OOC]

As the centaur headed towards the road Nor Erlok’s tactical programs presented a firing solution for the Melta-cannon, he acted on them before there was time to run probability scenarios to determine the tactical programs accuracy. Nor Erlok felt a bout of irritation, having relied on instinct to determine his actions. This he followed with a pray to the Omnissiah, for having let the bout of irritation distract his attention from the task at hand. Another prayer followed momentarily to calm the righteousness he felt as the Melta-Cannons shot incinerated two of the hostile infantry, his instincts had been right.

The Mechadendrite returned the grenade unused to Nor Erlok’s belt as it was no longer required. His Tech-guard had taken two of the infantry down with bolter rounds, the exploded skull and torso fragments smouldering from the heat of the Melta weapons. Nor Erlok noted that both Meltgun shots ineffectively liquefied rumble and not their targets, he sent a binary reprimand to the Tech-guards concerned, they will do better next time. Whiffs of binary chants came back.

As the debris cooled enough for the sensory apparatus to analyse the ruin no hostile infantry was found to be alive.  Grimaldus’s squad had taken care of the rest, though not without casualties. Over the clearing smoke Grimaldus yelld:

"Enginseer! We can't seem to crack the code on this terminal. Lend us your tendrils, so that we can move forward to support our brothers in battle, and bring glory to the Emperor!"

Using information supplied by the Tech-guard, the general radio transmissions and his own sensors Nor Erlok took 1.17 long seconds to gather an overview of the skirmish. The terminals where important , and there was minimal known risk in that direction. Behind him the abhuman Orgryns where facing more hostiles guarding a terminal.

The centaur rumbled on as the decisions were made. Nor Erlok jumped out and headed for Grimaldus and his mean. At the same time he cast binary instructions back to the Tech-guard to cleans the ruin of hostiles, if the orgryns where overrun then the centre would be divided.

“I will secure the terminal Grimaldus, praise the Omnissiah” He shouted as he run west towards the still smouldering ruins, he wasted no processing time to see if he had been heard.

[OOC] End of turn two story, on to turn three [/OCC]

Mechadendrites swarmed over the damaged terminal, soothing the machine spirit inside with minute repairs to the physical structure, erasing battle damage from the last few moments and older signs of aging. Nor Erlok knew that this machine spirit would never return to the grace of the Omnissiah, but he could coax enough cooperation out of it to achieve his aim.

A tremor shook the grounds, ad a malice surged along wiring that connected the terminal to the others in the network under ground. Nor Erlok barley managed to withdraw his Mechadendrites and break away. That Machine spirit was condemned, he would purge it when the skirmish was over.

Fractured images got relayed to Nor Erlok’s helmet from the Tech-guard, they had spotted something emerging from the refinery door. He took the chance to review their performance in the other ruin. Only one confirmed kill, and then the abhuman Ogryn had ripped the hostiles to pieces. More than battlefield chants and prayers where needed here, his Tech-guard where making a poor showing of themselves.  He added note to oversee their training and penance prayers later, the Omnissiah expected better of them.

Filtering out the vox traffic Nor Erlok filtered out a general transmission from Colonel Acer:

"Colonel Acer to all Ambraisians!  Heavy enemy amour at the main objective. Defiler class Dreadnaught. Move in quick and take it down!"

A Deamon engine. Unholy abomination, blasphemy against the blessed Omnissiah. Binary chants of rage erupted from Nor Erlok. Tactical programming went into overdrive as he headed for the Centaur. He will absolve the tortured machine spirit trapped inside with the molten energy of the Melta-Cannon.

A separate part of his processing power ordered the Tech-guard to secure the terminal where they were, before rejoining him. It would not do to let the orgryns outdo the devoted of the Omnissiah again.

[OOC]Orders: Nor Erlok heads back to the Centaur and shoots at the Defiler with the Melta-cannon if possible. The Tech-guard try to secure the terminal and then if possible head back towards the centaur (not sure how long it takes to secure the terminal).

On a side note, the Tech-guard do have Bolt pistols, and standard load out of grenades, but rapid firing was the right choice last turn.  Sorry for not having made it absolute clear. [/OOC]

Offline Halollet

« Reply #53 on: February 9, 2014, 05:00:05 PM »
[OOC I'll flesh this out later but for now here are the orders for this turn. Desmond will continue to fire at the baskilist while Cassandra will head towards the nearest area tertian while acknologing the bring it down order and firing on the defiler. /OOC]

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #54 on: February 9, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'll get results and story post up ASAP, hopefully by Tuesday.

We'll push back order due date to "by Saturday the 15, so as not to muss up Valentine's day for those with the opportunity to do something that day."

Check back Tuesday for an update!

• Ancient
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »
Did we stall? I find myself wondering how this is going to move forward.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »
My apologies, I've run short of time this week. I have a long weekend this weekend, so if everyone's on board, I'll do my damndest to get two turns in this weekend to get us back on track?

I'll try to get the results out by Friday night, maybe even tonight, and if everyone can get their next orders in on Saturday [I know it's short, but as long as I have the orders, the story posts can be filled in at a later time...] then I'd have Sunday and Monday to get the turn resolved and results posted.

I got behind this week, and haven't had a chance to catch up. :(

• Ancient
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2014, 02:15:32 AM »
That's okay, as long as we are actually moving forward I don't mind joining in with the mad rush to get ourselves back on schedule. :)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2014, 06:37:57 AM »
In the picture below, Cass' squad failed it's Morale Check for taking a pair of Flamers to the face. [Well, one was a Combi-Flamer] Cass isn't required to fall back with her squad, she's completely under Hal's control, but her squad fell back and since she's exhibited concerns about the Marines in the past, I've moved her with them. If Hal wants, Cass can still be inside the fiery mess to the left of the Rhino. :)

The Ambrasians now control the objectives in B-2, C-2, D-1, and E-4. They control all of the “Door” terminals, which allows them to direct the blast through the worker compartments, killing nearly all of the workers, but saving the refinery... if they choose to do that.

The “Hydra” team has control of one “Train” terminal, and they're trying to crash the train beneath the refinery. That would destroy the supplies that would otherwise be delivered to the Capital [Under The Will's control, but it would also destroy the refinery.

The “Will” team has control of one “Train” terminal, and they're trying to have the train pass safely through, to be delivered to The Will.

Right now, the Ambrasians have the tie-breaker vote in what happens to the Train. If they could gain greater control over the trains...

Acer and his command squad ducked behind the wall as the mechanical beast was ineffectively trying to extricate itself from the opening. [Difficult terrain check: 2 inches] The daemon engine emitted deafening squeals and growls, sounding much like an ancient facts-machine communicating through telepathy lines. It began bringing it's cannon about for another shot.

“Squad, take out those Glory Hogs to the South.” Acer commanded. Flames spurted out, licking the ground beneath the Storm Troopers, but the heavy armour they wore kept the worst of the harm at bay. Then the Krak rounds landed, tearing men apart with deadly efficiency. Padia and Acer cracked off a pair of shots, and Padia managed to down a third trooper as they returned fire.

Quircious felt a tug, deep within himself. He'd seen so many glimpses of the future. So many pasts that he could hardly keep track of his present reality anymore. Somehow he'd slipped through time, and this was his chance to escape his destiny. The one where the other surfaced, and killed his friend. The destiny where he wasn't strong enough to stop it. The other desired revenge, but somehow, Quirk had found a way to beat him. The other didn't know it yet, but it would soon. The other was divided between his two incarnations within this time line. “It's been good serving you, Ace.” Quirk yelled to his friend. “Trust me, this is for the best.” Quirk jumped over the wall, and landed on his feet on the other side.

“Quirk, what are you doing!?!” Acer yelled, preparing to leap over the barrier but sensing that he was already too late. Padia snagged his uniform and pulled him back, just as a Hot-shot blast caught him in his left arm. It cauterized instantly, but the swelling and pain also began instantly.

An ear splitting explosion rocked the barrier, and part of it gave way before the fury of the blast, taking a grenadier with it.

“QUIRK!” Acer shouted, as he struggled in the tangled mess of his remarkably competent bodyguard's clutches. Padia hissed, ”Fool Colonel! You are needed alive! Quit...” Acer brought his knee up sharply into her stomach, knocking the wind from her and loosening her grip. “He's my... ” Acer protested as he tried to get free. His mechanical hand gripped the upper edge of the barrier as hot-shot blasts flashed overhead. Padia felt there was no other choice.

Taking two fingers, she hooked into Acer's most recent wound, and pulled down on him. He bellowed, but came to the ground. ”He's gone! You are not, and I'll be sent to the Warp before you are. Do you hear me, Colonel? Do you hear me well?” She twisted her fingers inside the wound. She wasn't sure that he'd forgive her, and at the moment she didn't care. ”You know he saw things, and they were driving him mad. He must have had his reasons! It's all for nothing if you are killed, now stay down!” Padia reached for her meagre med-kit. She wasn't sure how she'd handle this newest shame. It already threatened to overwhelm her. Not only was her officer shot, but she'd used it against him. She was truly adrift, her home and now her vows tossed like chaff to the wind.

Focusing on the present, she applied med-gel to Acer's wound...

Sergeant Nicolas realized the situation was beyond salvage. His squad fired ineffectually at the enemy command squad, but without notable damage. Orpheon's Plasma gun had lost containment during his volley of fire, and blew off directly into the poor bastard's face. He suppressed a momentary sensation of superiority. Yes, he had told Orpheon he'd shoot his eye out one day if he didn't wear the standard issue face mask, but he'd never really meant it.

And truth told, he had nothing to feel superior about. The Demolisher would turn it's turret on them next, and they'd be annihilated. “Public broadcast be damned. This is Nicolas. Operation aborted. Too much resistance, falling back to regroup, Commander.”

Static replied, then a wheezing voice spoke. “You will secure the objective, Nicolas *wheeze* or I will secure your head *wheeze* in a jar!”

His men managed to put the ruins of the bunker between themselves and the Demolisher, and now looked to him for his orders...

Rodriguez traded shots with the last soldier inside the bunker, before charging into the room. The soldier was a bloody mess, and fired a pair of wildly inaccurate shots before switching to bayonet stance, but he never stood a chance.

Rodriguez had been a trained killer before his stint on Cerberus. War had done nothing but hone his skills to a monomolecular edge. The Lieutenant's chainsword parried the rifle up and away. The down stroke took the man's right arm off above the elbow, spraying blood. The soldier still held the stock of the gun in his left hand, as Rodriguez buried the sword in his guts. Still the soldier was trying to bring the bayonet down to make an attack on him.

Face a mask of pure rage, Rodriguez brought his pistol up beneath the man's jaw. “Just die, you stupid gringo!” He pulled the trigger, and the soldier slumped to the floor. Rodriguez dropped his sword, and ran to secure the entrance. Wiping the blood off on the soldier's uniform, he then went to the computer terminal and gained control of it.

“Those Techies are hard mother beslubberers.” he breathed, shaking his head. They'd found the bombs that the Hydra soldiers had placed, and then selectively opened the blast doors to direct the explosion through the workers' compartments, rather than through the refinery itself. “Impressive. It might just work.” He added, to no one in particular. Rodriguez sat down in a chair, and put his feet up on a corpse, watched the various pict-feeds. It looked like a giant train was traveling at great speed, on 4 of 8 screens adjacent screens, while on others various parts of the battlefield were visible.

Without taking his eyes from the screens, Rodriguez started patting down the nearby corpses. He was sure that at least one of them would have a Lho stick on them.

”Ambrasians, this is Crovax. *wheeze* Cease your interference. *wheeze* The Will must be stopped, and destroying this *wheeze* refinery, and the supply tram, is key to that victory! *wheeze, cough!*

I can tell you about him, if you'll let me. *wheeze* You can help us stop him. I know how *wheeze* he has become so powerful. *wheeze* You'll never defeat him, without my help.”

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2014, 08:30:59 AM »
Lt Antonoch paid attention on the battle pict feed noticing the big Battle tank that appeared is gone assuming some one already killed it he ordered sammy to stop the tank and for the gunners to open up on the basilisk.  Moments after the tank stopped a loud crump sounded off shaking the tank back.  Watching though the scope Lt . Watches an explosion start from where the SPG was.  Spewing out flame and thick black smoke the SPG's death marked shelly's second kill of the battle.  Lt proud of the achievements still access threats and the next best target. 

That decision made it's self plainly obvious once a space marine rino rolled into the view finder and spread deadly washes of flames onto the crazed sergeants squad watching the poor infantry roll around on fire Antonoch got a quizy feeling but surpassed it and keyed his intercom again ready to give out more orders.

"good shots new threat enemy APC with combat troops in side keep it stationary and fire at the rhino all guns!" he shouted knowing heavy bolters could dent important parts on this vehicle.  Not wanting to leave the Sgt.'s men all dead this had to be done with a matter of haste.

OCC gona kill the rino then marines and hopefully save Cassy and entourage. OCC